Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Bif wrote: »
    Hi. I was wondering if anybody got the VW charger installed and if so were they happy with it? I am trying to decide what charger to install with Zappi the front runner at the moment as I want to install PV in the near future. Thanks.

The eo mini pro that electric ireland install works with solar and there is no exterior control buttons to perish with the sun, unlike the zappi. The price for full installation is a pretty good deal.

Comer1 wrote: »
    I will be receiving my Life model in first week of July. It's my first EV coming for twenty five years of driving 13 Hondas (Accords and Civics.) My current car is a 182 BHP Civic with cool alloys and tinted glass. I'm currently fighting the urge to be "human" and not fork out in excess of a grand for alloys and tinting:)

There was a lot of talk of the ID.3 only pre-heating the cabin and not the battery on mains electricity on the early software versions. With Summer here, I haven't come across mention of it in the last hundred posts of this thread. Does the latest update (is it 2.1???) now allow for pre-heating the battery on the mains instead the car's battery?

For insurance purposes, is the value of the car the full €40,000 or less the discount for grant/VRT?

Anyone source a spare wheel? I suppose if I did get alloys, I could put an old tire on one of the steel wheels and throw it in the boot. It's just that I'm finally getting old enough to value the cost of €1,000 above vanity:pac:

I have sorted a spare wheel, the vw tiguan spare 145/80/18 fits with the addition of a 3mm spacer plate from autostyling ireland for the front to clear the disc brakes. I also bought a wheel bolt to suit a golf and cut the head of it to screw in to hub first to aid alignment. You need a 1 1/2 to 2 tonne jack as car is very heavy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've had spare wheels at the house for my last four cars (prior to current two), never used across those years, I must actually put on on Adverts along with roof racks etc, never seem to get around to doing this necessary clearout

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

If you live in the sticks a spare wheel is very useful, especially if travelling long distances to catch a flight. Ryanair wont wait on the rac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Patmwgs wrote: »
    I have sorted a spare wheel, the vw tiguan spare 145/80/18 fits with the addition of a 3mm spacer plate from autostyling ireland for the front to clear the disc brakes. I also bought a wheel bolt to suit a golf and cut the head of it to screw in to hub first to aid alignment. You need a 1 1/2 to 2 tonne jack as car is very heavy.

Which spacer plate did you get? Was it any of these? Thanks

• Advertisement

Comer1 wrote: »
    Which spacer plate did you get? Was it any of these? Thanks

Vw golf. 57.1 centre bore. Pcd 112 , 3mm thick
    Just make sure its 57.1 centrebore, or it will be very hard to line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Released a few days ago.

It looks the same. It does show the correct color for your car now... Whoopee! :pac:

It apparently has push notifications if a charge session fails. That's useful, if it works, but I dont see any options to configure it.

And various bug fixes.

I also got a small OTA update this morning to the car. It didnt seem to do anything much other than go through the motions. My guess is that it was a dry run for the upcoming larger update which hopefully fixes the charge timers! Here's hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

KCross wrote: »
    Generally sorted at this stage except for the in-car timers which are still broken.

What was the “fix” the last 3 times?
    What version of the software is the car running?
    Has the 12V battery been checked?

My wife was talking to her dad earlier.

The car is still with the dealer nearly a week later .. no diagnosis or even suggestion of what the problem might be.

He is now looking for his money back

Released a few days ago.

It looks the same. It does show the correct color for your car now... Whoopee! :pac:

It apparently has push notifications if a charge session fails. That's useful, if it works, but I dont see any options to configure it.

And various bug fixes.

I also got a small OTA update this morning to the car. It didnt seem to do anything much other than go through the motions. My guess is that it was a dry run for the upcoming larger update which hopefully fixes the charge timers! Here's hoping anyway!

It must be an apple update. Android still on 1.13.1

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Patmwgs wrote: »
    It must be an apple update. Android still on 1.13.1

My Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android) is showing Version 1.14.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Released a few days ago.

And various bug fixes.

My app now shows a white ID.3, which is interesting because I own a blue ID.4 :-/

I guess they still have a few bugs to work out...

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Looks like I’ll be joining the club. Put a deposit down in an ID.3 Family 145hp. Just waiting to find out when it’ll be ready. It’s in stock so don’t need to wait for a build.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

remoteboy wrote: »
    Looks like I’ll be joining the club. Put a deposit down in an ID.3 Family 145hp. Just waiting to find out when it’ll be ready. It’s in stock so don’t need to wait for a build.

Congrats. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I didn't think any of the cars in stock were 145hp..........
    Anyhoo well wear,what colour did you go for ?

Had the pleasure of meeting eagerv today at Kilcullen Charger, very sound bloke and got a free Coffee ! :D

Had a good look at his id.3, seats a lot nicer than I had seen before. Love the white Colour. Made me want mine even more! :)

I'm sure he'll need some time to recover after meeting the Mad_Lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Had the pleasure of meeting eagerv today at Kilcullen Charger, very sound bloke and got a free Coffee ! :D

Had a good look at his id.3, seats a lot nicer than I had seen before. Love the white Colour. Made me want mine even more! :)

Was he heckling you while you filled up on dino juice?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was he heckling you while you filled up on dino juice?

Actually, no, I was getting the electrons. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

adunis wrote: »
    I didn't think any of the cars in stock were 145hp..........
    Anyhoo well wear,what colour did you go for ?

Unless the dealers been feeding me a line. Went for the scale silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Likewise Mad_Lad, a pleasure meeting you.

I shouldn't have had that Chocolate Magnum earlier before meeting you. As happens, without knowing, a big chunk of chocolate fell off and landed between my legs and melted right into the "upmarket seats".
    The seats cleaned off when home no problem, but now I know why I got a few funny looks when at Kilcullen, when you see the arse of my trousers..:D

eagerv wrote: »

I shouldn't have had that Chocolate Magnum earlier before meeting you. As happens, without knowing, a big chunk of chocolate fell off and landed between my legs and melted right into the "upmarket seats".
    The seats cleaned off when home no problem, but now I know why I got a few funny looks when at Kilcullen, when you see the arse of my trousers..:D

A f1ck, you can't be serious ? hilarious. :D

That will teach you to guzzle down Ice Cream in your id.3 ! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

eagerv wrote: »

Classic:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Hi All,

Just checking has anyone bought an ID3 on PCP?

I'm just working out numbers and when I do the online calc on VW, they list the base car as €39910 which seems to be excluding the SEAI Grants & VRT Relief?

It's working out cheaper for me to do a PCP at 0% for 3 years then a short loan for the remaining balance at the end ,
    Compared to just one large car loan at 5%-6%

Just curious as to why the Grants are not included on the PCP Calculation?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Your pcp deposit will be reduced by 5k from what’s agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm just working out numbers and when I do the online calc on VW, they list the base car as €39910 which seems to be excluding the SEAI Grants & VRT Relief?

It's working out cheaper for me to do a PCP at 0% for 3 years then a short loan for the remaining balance at the end ,

Cheers

Dont bother with the online calculator. Go directly to a few dealers with the spec/colour you want and see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers

I put 4700(15% I'm guessing) deposit on an id3 life 204 bhp with metallic,no other extras whatsoever and the monthly payment is 364 with 15.5k
    at the end, now what I've done with my last 3 pcps is just traded in and gone again all three had minimum deposit equity plus a bit,mind you I did have to move from Citroen to Renault for one of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

Congrats, are you waiting for the 212 reg ??

What sort of price did they offer the family for? They want €2900 more for the family over the style for me and only big difference i can see is the reverse camera.

What colour did you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Just went shopping for an ID.3 today at a Dublin dealer.

Is there any actual haggling possible with this car? Sales person said the prices are the prices, but they would say that...

I'm wondering how to to approach things. I'd like to get a Family mostly for safety features (proactive occupant protection, rear camera, better headlights), but the 5-6K difference from the Life seems hard to justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I got €2k off the Tour. Lots of others did similar.

Just went shopping for an ID.3 today at a Dublin dealer.

Is there any actual haggling possible with this car? Sales person said the prices are the prices, but they would say that...

I'm wondering how to to approach things. I'd like to get a Family mostly for safety features (proactive occupant protection, rear camera, better headlights), but the 5-6K difference from the Life seems hard to justify.

Any dealers ive spoken to said the same price is the price, theres no stock and everything has a long lead time from new. Divanes in kerry were the best price i found for my old trade in will give €4k off with nct. The style seems to be best value i can see has everything bar camera which can be retrofitted also has pano roof, 18 alloys and matrix led lights your talking about.

• Advertisement

This is what i have a deposit on and collection start of July - moonstone grey style.

556753.jpeg

556754.jpeg

Advertisement