Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

rx8 wrote: »
    I thought the play/pause pedals were only on the first editions.
    If it's the 45kwh edition, then that's not in production yet.

I think I was in a style or family the last day, honestly super confused by this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I know Rusky rusky has a 1st base model, but it's probably someone with the Life model that you need.
    I find the ride quality very good tbh.

rx8 wrote: »
    I know Rusky rusky has a 1st base model, but it's probably someone with the Life model that you need.
    I find the ride quality very good tbh.
    Ya ideally a person with a Life base model, that has a youtube channel :) or at least is willing to answer some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

jogdish wrote: »
    Ya ideally a person with a Life base model, that has a youtube channel :) or at least is willing to answer some questions.

Unfortunately all the press cars are top or close to top spec, so most typical car reviewers aren't going to help

There's a few folks here were looking at the Life, not sure if any have been delivered yet

I've an ID.4 and despite more weight and 21 inch alloys the ride is one of the best I've had. At least as good as the Leaf, better than the Auris.

One thing I'd budget for with the Life version is a set of alloys. The steel wheels are grand but the alloys really finish off the car :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Unfortunately all the press cars are top or close to top spec, so most typical car reviewers aren't going to help

There's a few folks here were looking at the Life, not sure if any have been delivered yet

I've an ID.4 and despite more weight and 21 inch alloys the ride is one of the best I've had. At least as good as the Leaf, better than the Auris.

One thing I'd budget for with the Life version is a set of alloys. The steel wheels are grand but the alloys really finish off the car :)
    I've factored in my close to 6month wait anyways, but in the 'heat' of the show room i always forget something to ask.

• Advertisement

I've factored in my close to 6month wait anyways, but in the 'heat' of the show room i always forget something to ask.

Ah yeah, same thing happens to me. Luckily you can harass the salesman via email afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I know, it always happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Does anyone know of a video review of the ID.3 base model, or perhaps someone here has one? The pedals do they have the play pause motif? are there many other little details missing/different that are not clear from reading the product guide.
    Every show room is some upper end model, same for youtube

Our Style spec has the play/pause symbols.

Other things that it has over the Life spec: nicer headlights, nicer seats, pockets on the back of the front seats, pano roof, alloys, ski hatch with armrest in back seats, IQ light across the bonnet. All kind of things that come down to personal taste, really. We went with the style because it was €1250 more than the Life version, and to upgrade to alloys on the Life would have been €950 alone, so going the extra €300 made sense.

Ah the ski hatch thing is not in the Life, another thing I am just finding out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What's a ski hatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

Our Style spec has the play/pause symbols.

Other things that it has over the Life spec: nicer headlights, nicer seats, pockets on the back of the front seats, pano roof, alloys, ski hatch with armrest in back seats, IQ light across the bonnet. All kind of things that come down to personal taste, really. We went with the style because it was €1250 more than the Life version, and to upgrade to alloys on the Life would have been €950 alone, so going the extra €300 made sense.

I wonder are we being screwed a bit on the price for the Life here? I see in the UK with less incentives than here, that it has been bought for under £25K Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's a ski hatch

Wee door in the middle of the back seats behind the armrest. Opens up through to the boot so you can stick your skies through the gap without having to drop the seats.

Or since its Ireland, let's you load in lengths of fence posts etc.

So tomorrow morning I begin the arduous task of calling every dealer in the country...

1 - do you have any Tour models in stock

2 - do you have any Tour models on order or in the system that aren't allocated

3 - how quick can you get me one

Ah the ski hatch thing is not in the Life, another thing I am just finding out :mad:

Another completely useless feature that I can honestly say I never ever used on any car I've had.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So tomorrow morning I begin the arduous task of calling every dealer in the country...

1 - do you have any Tour models in stock

2 - do you have any Tour models on order or in the system that aren't allocated

3 - how quick can you get me one

I'm both bitter and impatient, I'll take a hit on discount to get a car sooner and cut that lying incompetent prick out of the mix.

You really need to relax a bit it's only a bloody car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Another completely useless feature that I can honestly say I never ever used on any car I've had.

It would be useful in countries one can actually ski in. Kinda pointless here though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

fits wrote: »
    It would be useful in countries one can actually ski in. Kinda pointless here though

I dunno... I was carrying stuff to do some concreting at my son's house. The shovel and rake handles stuck through while the dirty bits stayed in the boot.

Handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Handy for anyone who frequents diy shops or IKEA! Having one would have saved me a few return trips when I had passengers and couldn’t put a seat down.

You really need to relax a bit it's only a bloody car.

It's only a car aye. And since I've just sold my own car I'm going to be without a car in 4 weeks which at best means I have to cough up €150 a month in petrol to cover the dealers incompetence and at worst may have to buy a cheapo car, fuel it for months and then sell it on.

It's only a car aye. And since I've just sold my own car I'm going to be without a car in 4 weeks which at best means I have to cough up €150 a month in petrol to cover the dealers incompetence and at worst may have to buy a cheapo car, fuel it for months and then sell it on.

Thats a substantial inconvenience and a large sum of money that's going to come out of my pocket because a car dealer is both thick and dishonest.

Just let us know when you get it… thanks.
    I don’t know about others but it’s wearing thin with me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Jaysus, it's lucky you weren't on the Solar PV thread about 18 months ago. This is feckin mild ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thats a substantial inconvenience and a large sum of money that's going to come out of my pocket because a car dealer is both thick and dishonest.

Would you not just move on, go get one from another dealer

Would you not just move on, go get one from another dealer

That's what I said I was going to do, but apparently that's enough to get some people's knickers in a twist.

fits wrote: »

Bring both the kids to b&q and buy some lengths of timber, see how useless the ski hatch is then :)

Ah let the man vent, it's not exactly a phone charger from Wish.

A car is probably the second most expensive thing most people are ever going to buy, so if someone f!cks it up then I can understand them getting frustrated

Personally when I'm feeling down I just see how Phil's life is going to cheer myself up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

That's what I said I was going to do, but apparently that's enough to get some people's knickers in a twist.

To be fair it is a huge inconvenience to you with current car sold

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Mod Note: Removed on request of poster

I can spare you some legwork Phil........
    I talked to every dealer in the country
    Western motors
    Tom Murphy
    And believe it or not Blackwater Fermoy were the standouts by a mile.

adunis wrote: »
    I can spare you some legwork Phil........
    I talked to every dealer in the country
    Western motors
    Tom Murphy
    And believe it or not Blackwater Fermoy were the standouts by a mile.

Next question, is Phil willing to travel from one end of the country to the other for a new car

Stay tuned to find out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I can't see why not.
    I do it every single time.
    Remarkably this time round the winner was the one on my doorstep

Advertisement