Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what is the supply situation with ID3? tested an e208 at the weekend, the guy was saying there are issues with e208 but said ID3 was similar?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

silverharp wrote: »
    what is the supply situation with ID3? tested an e208 at the weekend, the guy was saying there are issues with e208 but said ID3 was similar?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/23/22547826/chip-shortage-cars-playstation-5-gpus-semiconductors-time-foundaries-tsmc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Today's amazing discovery.

The divider in the centre console has a slot in the top of it to take a charging card. Dunno why I didn't see it before today. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Today's amazing discovery.

The divider in the centre console has a slot in the top of it to take a charging card. Dunno why I didn't see it before today. :D:D

I wish mine had a divider in the centre console.. And a slot in it..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    I wish mine had a divider in the centre console.. And a slot in it..:D

These things can be arranged. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Anybody here driving a Kia Ceed Sportwagon Hybrid? I've put a small deposit on a new one to buy in July. Starting a job in a few weeks time and the commute will be about 110 Kms round trip. I know the Ceed wont do the colour of that but if I can get it charged at my new place of work it will prob do 2/3s of the journey before I have to go to petrol/hybrid. Did give the ID3 some some consideration but not sure I'm ready to go full electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

CFlat wrote: »
    Anybody here driving a Kia Ceed Sportwagon Hybrid? I've put a small deposit on a new one to buy in July. Starting a job in a few weeks time and the commute will be about 110 Kms round trip. I know the Ceed wont do the colour of that but if I can get it charged at my new place of work it will prob do 2/3s of the journey before I have to go to petrol/hybrid. Did give the ID3 some some consideration but not sure I'm ready to go full electric.

Not sure why you're asking about the Ceed SW PHEV in the ID.3 thread, but I'll take the bait and try to talk you out of it ;)

I haven't owned a PHEV but some of my neighbours have them. They need to be charged religiously every day or else it's just an expensive petrol car

They also won't get the range advertised, the Ceed will probably get about 30km before the battery runs flat. One major annoyance is that they can't fast charge so if you want to go electric then you're charging for 3-4 hours

I'd give a BEV some more thought, even the small battery ID.3 will easily handle 110km and have plenty left over. The mid battery 58kWh could do the trip twice without charging, so if you forgot to charge one evening you'll still have enough battery for your commute

So while the PHEV has the safety net of a petrol engine, the reality is you'll actually be plugging it in more often if you want to avoid those annoying fuel bills

You mentioned charging at work, if it's a free charger then your transportation costs goes to zero :)

Having said all that, there's plenty of good reasons at the moment not to buy a BEV, if you can't get a home charger then you'll be relying on public charging which is a hassle, especially if it isn't very good in your area

The Ceed SW is an excellent car for the money as well and if you need the space then it beats the ID.3. There was some talk a while back about an electric version, if it had become a reality then I'd have been very tempted to go for it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

You just got to go all-in on it.

Apply for, and install a home charger, and you'll never look back.
    I'd confidently say that anyone who has changed to electric, will never go back.
    Go and have a test drive in the ID3 or whatever EV takes your fancy. Free charging at work makes it a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally found where the rattle was in the back of my ID3 that was wrecking my head on bumpy roads.

When I let the 60% seat down (the one behind the driver's seat) there's a joint between the plastic trim running from the boot and joins with the trim behind the rear seat belt. This was a little loose and when I pried the joint open I could see three little nubbins/mounts. Two of the nubbins had wear on them.

It looks like theres a small bit of sway from left to right in the seat and this was causing the seatbelt side of the trim to push back over the nubbins and actually make a knocking sound as it happened.

Ordered some felt tape, cut off the nubbins and lined the joint with with the felt. So far no more knocking and I've driven over most of the roads which always caused the noise. Hopefully that's the the end of the knocking and I can get back to enjoying the car!!

https://imgur.com/a/jPARhYm

Edit: hopefully this is the same issue Pat is having and it'll help him sort his as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Thanks very much Raisin and rx8. Much food for thought there. A sibling of mine has a PHEV and everytime they visit one of us it's plugged straight in. They look like a lot of work. Might put my decision on hold for now.

Sorry thought this was a general chat about electric/PHEVs. Couldn't find a particular thread on the CEED Hybrid.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Raisin and rx8. Much food for thought there. A sibling of mine has a PHEV and everytime they visit one of us it's plugged straight in. They look like a lot of work. Might put my decision on hold for now.

Sorry thought this was a general chat about electric/PHEVs. Couldn't find a particular thread on the CEED Hybrid.

No worries,... I have the ID3 1st edition and raisin,has an ID4.
    Couldn't be happier with it. 7-10 days between charges, and when you see the price of petrol now is ~ €1.60 a litre, puts a smile on your face.

Just go for it, you'll come back and thank us later !

Was talking to a Lady with one the other day at a charger (It charges very slow). She said she comes to charge it most days, which she finds a bit of a nuisance. When I told her I am doing similar mileage to her and charge often only weekly she was surprised..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

rx8 wrote: »
    I thought the play/pause pedals were only on the first editions.
    If it's the 45kwh edition, then that's not in production yet.

I have the 58kw base model in silver. Its a fantastic car. I would of loved the alloys, but preferred to put the money into a good home charger, and im not as weary letting the missus and myself touch the kerbs . I live in the countryside and it has great handling on the twisty roads. Biggest let down is the heater controls, having to take your eyes off the road to use.
    Simple control knobs woyld have been great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Patmwgs wrote: »
    I have the 58kw base model in silver. Its a fantastic car. I would of loved the alloys, but preferred to put the money into a good home charger, and im not as weary letting the missus and myself touch the kerbs . I live in the countryside and it has great handling on the twisty roads. Biggest let down is the heater controls, having to take your eyes off the road to use.

Demonstrating complete ignorance, does the car have voice control of AC?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Yes you just say my feet are cold and stuff like that and the car will heat up or cool down whatever body part/car you say.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yes you just say my feet are cold and stuff like that and the car will heat up or cool down whatever body part/car you say.

Even recognises "arse", so I have been told..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Biggest let down is the heater controls, having to take your eyes off the road to use.

I don’t see that issue. The temp up/down is within easy reach without going at the touchscreen.

Is it the fact they are touch buttons rather than twisty?

Doesn’t bother me but each to their own.

slave1 wrote: »

No need for a personal attack, it is just my opinion. Heating control buttons are blue when on ,
    And the the off button is blue when off.does not make sense. It has a problem understanding the rich beautiful donegal accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

It only has voice control for AC in spec with dual zone system, so it’s not in the Life or Style spec.

It only has voice control for AC in spec with dual zone system, so it’s not in the Life or Style spec.

Sorry I'm not one of you new fancy blow in types, I've a First Edition ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Sorry I'm not one of you new fancy blow in types, I've a First Edition ;) :pac:

Fair enough! Just thought I’d let those considering the Life/Style model know that the voice control won’t work for AC. It was a surprise to me when I realised our Style couldn’t do it, it wasn’t at all clear from the brochure that this wasn’t included. I knew it only had single zone, but it didn’t say anywhere that voice control wouldn’t work with that.

KCross wrote: »
    I don’t see that issue. The temp up/down is within easy reach without going at the touchscreen.

Is it the fact they are touch buttons rather than twisty?

Doesn’t bother me but each to their own.

The temp up and down is okay, its switching it on and off , which could be easier from a safety point of view. Its okay on a motorway, but not on bendy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The temp up and down is okay, its switching it on and off , which could be easier from a safety point of view. Its okay on a motorway, but not on bendy roads.

How often do you turn the a/c on/off?
    Cant say I ever do that at all in any car but everyone is different I guess.

My normal is set the temp on auto to the temp I’m comfortable with. If the car a/c is any good it should get to that temp quickly and maintain it. Flicking it up/down or on/off won’t help it get to that temp. Again each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Yeah they are,PHEVS that is ,worst of both worlds,waste of space etc etc,wait did I overstate that ?.
    You'll plug your EV in at home by night once or twice a week typically.
    Just bite the bullet you won't look back,
    This is from a commited petrolhead with 2 vintage yokes 2 bangers belong to the kids and 2 electric yokes as my dailys,yould want to be nuts not to go EV,the only fly in the ointment is charging at home is a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

adunis wrote: »
    You'll plug your EV in at home by night once or twice a week typically.

My father used always say you should never have your car low on petrol outside the door. He said you never know what emergency can pop up in the middle of the night.

I bought what I thought was my last €20 of petrol last week but two nights unexpectedly driving to A&E over the weekend changed that. Thankfully, everyone is OK, but it left me thinking about the reassurance of being able to fill up an ICE day or night in minutes.

If I were to to only be charging my EV when it was needed, it would be totally useless in such a situation.

I think I'll be keeping my EV at 80% every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So tomorrow morning I begin the arduous task of calling every dealer in the country...

1 - do you have any Tour models in stock

2 - do you have any Tour models on order or in the system that aren't allocated

3 - how quick can you get me one

Any joy?

fits wrote: »
    Any joy?

Don't poke the Bear !

Just got my renewal notice for my car insurance today, down to €300 now. Was €350 on the Golf so moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Michael malone

Anyone having software problems since the latest update?
    Radio stations are crap, signal is awful, its an absolute disgrace that there is no manual tune available and the auto tune for the stations frequency is a joke. (Maybe it’s just Waterford but was in cork last week and it was the same for the journey)
    Last few days on occasions I have no radio volume or any sound from the twitchy infotainment system, turn off the car let it shut down and it sorts itself. Left work this morning, sound grand, stopped in supermarket, came back out, no sound, another short stop in way hone, still no sound at all, all sound/mute buttons non responsive came home shut it all down, started it again sound back..
    ID3 Family 58kw. 2.1 software.

• Advertisement

Anyone having software problems since the latest update?
    Radio stations are crap, signal is awful, its an absolute disgrace that there is no manual tune available and the auto tune for the stations frequency is a joke. (Maybe it’s just Waterford but was in cork last week and it was the same for the journey)
    Last few days on occasions I have no radio volume or any sound from the twitchy infotainment system, turn off the car let it shut down and it sorts itself. Left work this morning, sound grand, stopped in supermarket, came back out, no sound, another short stop in way hone, still no sound at all, all sound/mute buttons non responsive came home shut it all down, started it again sound back..
    ID3 Family 58kw. 2.1 software.

Haven't had that problem, either pre or post 2.1 update. If I was you I would have a chat with my dealer.

Advertisement