Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

rx8 wrote: »
    Don't poke the Bear !

I’m interested to know! Not sure why everyone is rounding on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

fits wrote: »
    I’m interested to know! Not sure why everyone is rounding on him.

Ah, don't fret he's well able to fight back:D :D
    Like Arnie he'll be back!!!

I just checked the VW site just now and the VIN is showing up so does this mean it's just started or about to go into production ?

It's a pity it doesn't tell me at what stage the build is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

This divider holds a load of cards. There's a tray insert as well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4895497

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This divider holds a load of cards. There's a tray insert as well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4895497

That'd be really handy.

• Advertisement

I just checked the VW site just now and the VIN is showing up so does this mean it's just started or about to go into production ?

For mine, the VIN turned up just as production started. It was five days in the factory, then it was on a transport ( I assume train) to Emden Port, where it sat for three weeks.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That'd be really handy.

Which one, the divider or the tray? I can't decide whether I'd like the tray or not. I should do a test print to find out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Does it give details of the car’s spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Vw golf. 57.1 centre bore. Pcd 112 , 3mm thick
    Just make sure its 57.1 centrebore, or it will be very hard to line up.

Thanks to your advice I got a wheel and spacer. Is there a size I should be looking for with the wheel brace?

Thanks

Bif wrote: »
    Does it give details of the car’s spec?

It does.

• Advertisement

For mine, the VIN turned up just as production started. It was five days in the factory, then it was on a transport ( I assume train) to Emden Port, where it sat for three weeks.

Does it give you the progress of the build ? and about what when it leaves the factory ?

I hope mine isn't sitting for 3 weeks without moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Woohoo! A step closer

Does it give you the progress of the build ? and about what when it leaves the factory ?

When it left the factory, it was at Emden dock the next day. When mine was shipping there was a big backlog due to Covid. Maybe yours will get on the boat with less delay. Then you can get to ship watching. :D

When it left the factory, it was at Emden dock the next day. When mine was shipping there was a big backlog due to Covid. Maybe yours will get on the boat with less delay. Then you can get to ship watching. :D

How do you track it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

How do you track it ?

On the 24th of December they'll do it on the telly and radio for you... This thread has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. Tis time to exit stage left me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Comer1 wrote: »
    My father used always say you should never have your car low on petrol outside the door. He said you never know what emergency can pop up in the middle of the night.

I bought what I thought was my last €20 of petrol last week but two nights unexpectedly driving to A&E over the weekend changed that. Thankfully, everyone is OK, but it left me thinking about the reassurance of being able to fill up an ICE day or night in minutes.

If I were to to only be charging my EV when it was needed, it would be totally useless in such a situation.

I think I'll be keeping my EV at 80% every night.

Yeah it's a fair point and I wouldn't let either of our EVs drop below enough battery to get to the hospital

I tend to charge them when they drop below 50% which is plenty to get to and from anywhere I might need to go in a hurry

I appreciate that's probably a bit more planning needed in remote areas. Thankfully with longer range EVs you can now afford to be a bit more spontaneous

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Nope, you have to make guesses and hassle the dealer a lot. They're able to see more details than you and me, if they're bothered

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Which one, the divider or the tray? I can't decide whether I'd like the tray or not. I should do a test print to find out. :D

I'd probably use both to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Thanks to your advice I got a wheel and spacer. Is there a size I should be looking for with the wheel brace?

Thanks
    The extendable one that halfords and your local car spare shop is perfect. The wheel bolts have a fixed washer to help with locking tight, and they are not hard to loosen. The only let down is the handle on most jacks are not up to job for lifting the car, i added a large screwdriver for this.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    On the 24th of December they'll do it on the telly and radio for you... This thread has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. Tis time to exit stage left me thinks.

Thanks for stopping by, see ye.

anim_27.gif

anim_65.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

My father used always say you should never have your car low on petrol outside the door. He said you never know what emergency can pop up in the middle of the night.

I bought what I thought was my last €20 of petrol last week but two nights unexpectedly driving to A&E over the weekend changed that. Thankfully, everyone is OK, but it left me thinking about the reassurance of being able to fill up an ICE day or night in minutes.

If I were to to only be charging my EV when it was needed, it would be totally useless in such a situation.

And that's a hardship why exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

adunis wrote: »

Huh???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭finbarrk

adunis wrote: »

Hardship to be stuck in an emergency situation with no charge I'd guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

finbarrk wrote: »
    Hardship to be stuck in an emergency situation with no charge I'd guess?

Ignore me having a bad day........
    I was sliding to the fact that plugging in by night is zero hardship

How do you track it ?

I have a good dealer and they're willing to put up with me. :D

Nope, you have to make guesses and hassle the dealer a lot. They're able to see more details than you and me, if they're bothered

The lads in Germany were able to see online exactly where the car was in the build process. The UK buyers too. We have to squeeze information out of our dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered an ID.3 Tour on 18/6, now showing in the VW website tracker (no VIN). Interestingly it's saying it's a 2022 model and when I asked my dealer - he believed that it should bring 120Kw charging and area view for reversing which is great (he'll confirm soon).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Patmwgs wrote: »
    No need for a personal attack, it is just my opinion. Heating control buttons are blue when on ,
    And the the off button is blue when off.does not make sense. It has a problem understanding the rich beautiful donegal accent.

I think slave1 was refering to his own ignorance and not knowing if voice control worked or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

After a lot of driving yesterday, mine is sitting outside at 25% which is what I got home with - range indicating 119 kms.

I won't be driving again until tomorrow at the earliest so no need to charge it last night.

• Advertisement

Dealer said my id.3 was in the final assembly stage yesterday and hasn't left the factory yet. He'll let me know what boat it's due on.

So I'm reckoning it might get on a boat by Friday and then here next week and maybe collect week after.

Advertisement