Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

Two things I'm not bothered about and that's sunroof and heads up display.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

I have a Style but valued the extra cost mainly for leatherette trim, the alloys and tinted rear windows. There are some other perks over the life model, but I wouldn't care too much for them.

On the sunroof... It doesn't open (I had one on a previous A3 that opened and could let in some fresh air) so I think it is pretty pointless, but it feels like a free extra based on the other benefits I mention above which I think are worth paying for.

In short,wouldn't pay extra specifically for sunroof, would pay the extra for the other benefits, and don't think the sunroof has any real drawbacks to put me off the Style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Thanks, to the above,
    Yrs I agree the sunroof is not a feature I would want to pay for on it's own, but sigh if I want the rest it's there anyways (for a price) and does look nice. I'm torn between paying for a few extra things I think I would miss otherwise and saving a few K for the sake of being responsible.

Any feelings on the 145/204 hp engine debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Not a distraction, I think it adds enjoyment to the car. If parked up, I’ll probably keep it closed if we ever get a really sunny day! But I doubt the blind would make much difference to overheating, because by the time the heat energy hits the blind, it’s already in the car.

I wouldn't imagine the glass roof makes the car any hotter, there is a blind. The black standard roof is already a big heat sink, one of the few things I don't like about the car. It's too hot..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

jogdish wrote: »
    Thanks, to the above,
    Yrs I agree the sunroof is not a feature I would want to pay for on it's own, but sigh if I want the rest it's there anyways (for a price) and does look nice. I'm torn between paying for a few extra things I think I would miss otherwise and saving a few K for the sake of being responsible.

Any feelings on the 145/204 hp engine debate?

The extra HP buys you quicker acceleration, nothing more. It really just depends on how much fun you'd like to have while driving

I doubt the 145HP will feel underpowered except when drag racing

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine the glass roof makes the car any hotter, there is a blind. The black standard roof is already a big heat sink, one of the few things I don't like about the car. It's too hot..

Really? I find the car is quite a bit colder than what I'm used to, seems the AC is a lot more powerful than the Leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Really? I find the car is quite a bit colder than what I'm used to, seems the AC is a lot more powerful than the Leaf

Yes it's powerful alright, but I'm not used to having to use A/C in a moderate climate.:). My eyes and throat don't like it..Hate having to sleep with it in a hot country. (usually try and just use fan). Have being using our Ioniq last few days (All white) and it is so much more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

electricus wrote: »
    What does your ‘My Volkswagen’ show as a matter of interest?

Mine shows the car and model year 2022 but no equipment details yet. I think it’s scheduled for manufacture during week of 01/07.

Same here, ordered mid-June

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Heat pump or no heat pump?

That is the question.

That is the question.

Well I think customers in Germany are getting a refund because it turned out the heat pump isn't as good as advertised, so I'd say no heat pump

With the big battery it won't make a huge difference, better to preheat the car while plugged in to save that initial range penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

That is the question.

I really can’t see the benefit of it in our climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

fits wrote: »
    I really can’t see the benefit of it in our climate.
    The dealer I asked was of this opinion, its a "must have" for scandanavians

but for us, 90% of the weather is fine - at leas that's what im telling myself before I see/hear what im missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,505 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Going in with the misses over the weekend to look at an ID3 and ID4 to see if she can be persuaded. Are the dealers showing any flexibility on prices ?

The heat pump is certainly not worth the high cost with 58 or 78 Kwh worth of storage in the battery and at lower temps it's much less efficient when you need it the most, small heat pumps just don't work so well in cars.

It was much different back when I got the 2015 Leaf with only 21 Kwh of usable storage, then every bit of efficiency helps but with 58 or 78 Kwh it's just a ridiculous waste of money, in my opinion of course.

The money would be far better spent on a decent EVSE to charge the car or on some different trim.

ted1 wrote: »
    Going in with the misses over the weekend to look at an ID3 and ID4 to see if she can be persuaded. Are the dealers showing any flexibility on prices ?

Very little, I’m finding. But I haven’t started haggling in earnest (including haggling about value of my trade in).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

Stolen from ID4 thread. €675 free credit with Airtricity for new VW electric cars registered between July and December.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

TitianGerm wrote: »

Stolen from ID4 thread. €675 free credit with Airtricity for new VW electric cars registered between July and December.

Thanks, Perfect timing! I'm due to switch provider so will hang on until I get the ID.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

That’s interesting but I’m not due to switch provider for a few more months. I wonder can you hold off a bit after you purchase the car?

675 credit but what's the actual rates for day night ?

I checked the site and their smart meter charges are a rip off and I knew this would happen, that's a joke, 15 cent night ? are they on drugs ? definitely not going to have a smart meter installed. That would mean my night rate would double, ffs that's a joke if that's going to be the trend with smart meters.

Even their normal meter day/night are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

675 credit but what's the actual rates for day night ?

I checked the site and their smart meter charges are a rip off and I knew this would happen, that's a joke, 15 cent night ? are they on drugs ? definitely not going to have a smart meter installed. That would mean my night rate would double, ffs that's a joke if that's going to be the trend with smart meters.

Even their normal meter day/night are expensive.

If you're average two month bill is €250 then when you take into account the VW credit of €675 and their new customer credit of €200 for electric only (€320 if you've electric and gas) you'll only pay €625 out of your own pocket. They also have a new customer offer of 30% off unit rates which give 8.12c night rate.

I don't think you'll get cheaper than that.

• Advertisement

If you're average two month bill is €250 then when you take into account the VW credit of €675 and their new customer credit of €200 for electric only (€320 if you've electric and gas) you'll only pay €625 out of your own pocket. They also have a new customer offer of 30% off unit rates which give 8.12c night rate.

I don't think you'll get cheaper than that.

Currently 17.5 cent day and 7.4 cent night with Energia but contract coming to end and Energia screw existing customers after the contract to pay for new customers but they might not offer those cheaper rates any more anyway not sure.

I think 675 credit is a super offer. I’m delighted with it. Requested day night meter during the week but no sign of it yet.

I think 675 credit is a super offer. I’m delighted with it. Requested day night meter during the week but no sign of it yet.

Do you have a digital meter? If so then it's literally a paper exercise to change to Day/Night

Do you have a digital meter? If so then it's literally a paper exercise to change to Day/Night

Ah ok. Yes it is. House only built in 2017

Ah ok. Yes it is. House only built in 2017

Same as mine then, they still send someone out generally it seems but in my case the guy just filled out some paperwork and wrote some instructions in the meter box on how to take night readings

Great waste of some diesel there :rolleyes:

Let me know if this post is out of bounds and I’ll delete it.

I had a guy come to my house today to check suitability for an EV charger. I now need a Dublin-based electrician both for a “periodic inspection” and for some rewiring. Can anyone recommend one?

Let me know if this post is out of bounds and I’ll delete it.

I had a guy come to my house today to check suitability for an EV charger. I now need a Dublin-based electrician both for a “periodic inspection” and for some rewiring. Can anyone recommend one?

You can ask for recommendations via PM, we're not allowed post details publicly in threads, this would be considered advertising and is against the rules AFAIK

I'll see if I can dig up the details of the company that did mine recently and send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

The Tiguan space saver, with an offset of 27.5 plus a 3mm spacer, is said to be fine for the ID.3, does that mean if I source an alloy wheel with an offset of 45 it would be OK? I read somewhere else that the steel wheels on the ID.3 have an offset of 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Late Skoda,offset is 47/50/51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Ordered an ID.3 Tour on 18/6, now showing in the VW website tracker (no VIN). Interestingly it's saying it's a 2022 model and when I asked my dealer - he believed that it should bring 120Kw charging and area view for reversing which is great (he'll confirm soon).

That’s confirmed now on the VW website for 2022 models, charging up to 125kW DC and Area View now added

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my22/ID3_MY22.pdf

Advertisement