Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

You can now order it in red too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

dmcg90 wrote: »
    You can now order it in red too!

I’m not sure about the red. Wonder what it will look like. I’d like to see the id4 blue and yellow on Id.3. The colours available are very muted except for the turquoise

dmcg90 wrote: »
    That’s confirmed now on the VW website for 2022 models, charging up to 125kW DC and Area View now added

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my22/ID3_MY22.pdf

Tour versions already had 125 Kw charging ?

But the belief is that all versions get a small max DC charging boost in the Autumn and more to follow, rumour is that the id4 is to get up to 170 Kw so can't see why this can't be applied to id3 tours.

Interesting is that the id 3 tour 5 according to my specs on the website include insulated glass, the original specs did not say this.

Mine also shows 2021 model, I ordered first week in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Weird that in the 22 model year, delivery has gone up 30% (from €1,000 to 1,300). It hasn't driven the ROTR prices up by that much, but I wonder what the rationale is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Weird that in the 22 model year, delivery has gone up 30% (from €1,000 to 1,300). It hasn't driven the ROTR prices up by that much, but I wonder what the rationale is.

They have to socially distance the cars on the carrier now due to delta variant

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Anyone know how big a job it is to wire speakers in the rear doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

I see the new July 1st price list has “service”, included, the small print says

“Service Plan includes one service, with pollen filter and brake fluid replacement”

So i assume, that accounts for the €300 increase.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my22/ID3_MY22.pdf

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Anyone know how big a job it is to wire speakers in the rear doors?

It's a pain in the ass, have to remove all the trim not to mention the door trims and you'd have to add sound insulation to the door panels too which will definitely help quality and rattles. Then you have to run the wires, it's not easy take off the panels with the little latches on the plastic panels around the window switch panel.

I think you can buy the wiring loom on the internet, it really is quite appalling that the rear would have no speakers but I know Germans, they will do anything to save a few Euros ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

fafy wrote: »
    I see the new July 1st price list has “service”, included, the small print says

“Service Plan includes one service, with pollen filter and brake fluid replacement”

So i assume, that accounts for the €300 increase.

Considering it isn't due a service for 2 years that's a bit of a scam

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

2.3 update is imminent apparently. Don’t know what’s in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

fits wrote: »
    2.3 update is imminent apparently. Don’t know what’s in it though.

Looks like Youtube's Battery Life is spilling the beans when the gag order lifts at midnight.

Meh... I'll wait until breakfast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

Stolen from ID4 thread. €675 free credit with Airtricity for new VW electric cars registered between July and December.

I see that it says up to 675e in free credit... I've read through terms and anything else I could find but no explanation of what determines the up to.
    Maybe you must incur at least 675e on bills to offset the credit, but anybody gone through with it and have any info?

I thought their 30% electricity day/night rates were pretty decent to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Batterylife has details of the 2.3 update.

Will be factory installed in cars from build week 25 onwards.

can anyone break it down as to what was actually updated/improved, ? can't watch the video atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

can anyone break it down as to what was actually updated/improved, ? can't watch the video atm.

Not an awful lot. Improvements to head light directions, blindspots etc, not on base model. Improved hud and tweaking of acc on distance of where a car is in front
    And a few tweaks of the infotainment screen and id light will perform more funtions.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

From the video:

2.3 coming this week
    3 waves - small 1st wave, the first movers (around Wednesday), rest early august
    VIN activated by VW
    Car looks for update once a week
    Download only via 4g when car is on - no download or progress indicator
    You see release notes when download complete
    Update runs while car parked
    Car unusable during the update
    Two updates - campaign 1 - 40 mins to install
    Campaign 2 - 6.5 GB - around 3 hours to install
    Campaign 1 improves the Lane camera - better detection of other cars and lanes (no mention of keeping centre of lane)
    Campaign 2 - more id light functions (warns if too close to car in front, keep hand on wheel, efficiency assist (eg approaching roundabout), turtle mode
    Updated look to infotainment screen
    Everything else is behind the scenes
    Cars built from wk 25 have 2.3 preinstalled
    More frequent smaller updates in future

Reports from German forums where some users managed to install in weeks ago say overall system performance much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Do the car tyres of the Style have standard valves or TPMS valves?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

What exactly is the "additional underfloor luggage compartment" on the Family model? I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Where is it? How much does it hold?

Also: is 2-zone AC of any value in a car this size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

From the video:

2.3 coming this week
    3 waves - small 1st wave, the first movers (around Wednesday), rest early august
    VIN activated by VW
    Car looks for update once a week
    Download only via 4g when car is on - no download or progress indicator
    You see release notes when download complete
    Update runs while car parked
    Car unusable during the update
    Two updates - campaign 1 - 40 mins to install
    Campaign 2 - 6.5 GB - around 3 hours to install
    Campaign 1 improves the Lane camera - better detection of other cars and lanes (no mention of keeping centre of lane)
    Campaign 2 - more id light functions (warns if too close to car in front, keep hand on wheel, efficiency assist (eg approaching roundabout), turtle mode
    Updated look to infotainment screen
    Everything else is behind the scenes
    Cars built from wk 25 have 2.3 preinstalled
    More frequent smaller updates in future

Reports from German forums where some users managed to install in weeks ago say overall system performance much better

Charging timers fixed?
    Disgraceful if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

What exactly is the "additional underfloor luggage compartment" on the Family model? I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Where is it? How much does it hold?

Also: is 2-zone AC of any value in a car this size?

Adjustable floor in the boot so handy for putting the cables and what not under the floor. Haven't measured but would say it is probably about 10cm high (at a guess) when raised and the full width and depth of the boot. Find it useful for all this bits that are used occasionally. vw_id3_102.jpg

If you other half is a cold creature like mine :) then yes the 2 zone is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

KCross wrote: »
    Charging timers fixed?
    Disgraceful if not.

Not mentioned on the video but in the meinid.com German forum some had tested them and said they work now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Tour versions already had 125 Kw charging ?

But the belief is that all versions get a small max DC charging boost in the Autumn and more to follow, rumour is that the id4 is to get up to 170 Kw so can't see why this can't be applied to id3 tours.

Interesting is that the id 3 tour 5 according to my specs on the website include insulated glass, the original specs did not say this.

Mine also shows 2021 model, I ordered first week in May.

Right you are! However, I think some of the lower spec models got a bump from 100 to 120kW DC charging just looking across the two brochures.

Life MY22
    Battery charging capacity - max. 11kW AC, max. 120kW DC

Life MY21
    Battery charging capacity - max. 11kW AC, max. 100kW DC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I see the new business models now come with alloys as standard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I see the new business models now come with alloys as standard. :(

I wonder would fitting non id.3 specific alloys to a style affect range much?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Not sure about others but I just got an email officially confirming the 3 month extension for the ID.3 1st owners for the free charging...

“ The last few months have been a great challenge for most of us and individual mobility looked different for many of us a few months ago. We are therefore pleased to inform you that we have extended the term of the We Charge Plus First Edition tariff for our ID.3 1st customers by an additional 3 months which allows you to continue to use the included charging credit.”

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Comer1 wrote: »
    I wonder would fitting non id.3 specific alloys to a style affect range much?
    Weight and aerodynamics would be the one to watch.
    I think tyres would be the main one.
    You would need to make sure they clear the front discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

KCross wrote: »
    Not sure about others but I just got an email officially confirming the 3 month extension for the ID.3 1st owners for the free charging...

“ The last few months have been a great challenge for most of us and individual mobility looked different for many of us a few months ago. We are therefore pleased to inform you that we have extended the term of the We Charge Plus First Edition tariff for our ID.3 1st customers by an additional 3 months which allows you to continue to use the included charging credit.”

I got a statement for mine the other day and I still have €560 credit left :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement