Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Weight and aerodynamics would be the one to watch.
    I think tyres would be the main one.
    You would need to make sure they clear the front discs.

The alloys should be lighter than the steel wheels and I'm using the original tyres so aerodynamics should be the only concern.

The new alloys are the same size but with 45 offset instead of factory wheels 50. I had a look and seems to be much more than 5mm clearance to calipers. I have a couple of 3mm spacers if needed anyway. Should be no problem on the back with drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Comer1 wrote: »
    The alloys should be lighter than the steel wheels and I'm using the original tyres so aerodynamics should be the only concern.

The new alloys are the same size but with 45 offset instead of factory wheels 50. I had a look and seems to be much more than 5mm clearance to calipers. I have a couple of 3mm spacers if needed anyway. Should be no problem on the back with drums.

You should be okay. What ones are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So the silver lining to my dealer delay is that my Tour will now have Area View included?

That takes the sting out of it a little alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Patmwgs wrote: »
    You should be okay. What ones are you going for?

Santiago wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Does anyone else find the online broucher a little confusing about what is/is not included ? Looking at the 'Family' "In addition to Life -....heat seats and wheel " Yet these are also listed in the life ?

Anyways, wanted to ask what do people think about the Family over the life, I like the rear view camera, extra boot space, never had 2 zone clima but im single, the sunroof and wheels are very nice but pricey upgrade. Anyone willing to talk me into or out of a Family :)

• Advertisement

Santiago wheels

They will look good, great value, and being 18 inch will still be comfy on the road. Maybe upload pictures after install

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So the silver lining to my dealer delay is that my Tour will now have Area View included?

That takes the sting out of it a little alright.

That's a nice addition, it is an expensive retrofit

jogdish wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the online broucher a little confusing about what is/is not included ? Looking at the 'Family' "In addition to Life -....heat seats and wheel " Yet these are also listed in the life ?

Anyways, wanted to ask what do people think about the Family over the life, I like the rear view camera, extra boot space, never had 2 zone clima but im single, the sunroof and wheels are very nice but pricey upgrade. Anyone willing to talk me into or out of a Family :)

Heated seats and steering is on the base life. There is not more space in the boot, its just an additional false floor about 5 inches deep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Do the car tyres of the Style have standard valves or TPMS valves?

There are no sensors in the wheels. The system works from the ABS sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

The 20's that are on the Max are a 45 offset, you should have plenty of clearance without spacers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

On ID3 1st movers Facebook page.

Dear First Movers,
    We are happy to announce, that from this summer, we will regularly send software updates “Over-the-Air” to models in the ID. family.
    The Over-the-Air Update “ID.Software2.3” is already in the starting blocks. As a First Mover, you have the possibility to become one of the first to receive this Software Update “Over-the-Air” for your ID.
    If you want to be part, then write us an e-mail with the subject
    "I want OTA" to id@volkswagen.de.
    Important: the e-mail must necessarily be sent from the e-mail address that you have stored in your Volkswagen ID.
    The update is provided in two parts and includes, among other things, the following new features:
    Improved usability and design customizations in the Infotainment System.
    New features in the ID. Light.
    Optimized ambient detection and improvement of the advanced main-beam control Dynamic Light Assist (provided that the vehicle is equipped with it).
    And further improvements in terms of performance and stability.
    Before the start of the update, we will provide you with more information.
    Important notes:
    Prerequisite for the Over-the-Air update is a completed installation of the ID.Software2.1 as well as an active We Connect Start contract.
    For the duration of the first update, i.e. from the start of the download to the completion of the installation, the camera-based driver assistance systems will not be available for the sake of safety. This is recognizable by warnings and symbols in the ID. display, for instance, similar to a camera covered by snow. The driving safety of your ID. is therefore maintained. After successful installation of the software update, the range of functions of the driver assistance systems will be available again and optimized.
    Your e-mail address will be passed on internally within Volkswagen AG, which is necessary for the rollout of the update campaigns. You will then receive an automatically generated e-mail from We Connect in which you can agree to register your vehicle for receiving the Over-the-Air Update.
    Please check the inbox of the e-mail address you have stored in your Volkswagen ID regularly. We look forward to your feedback. Thanks for joining us!
    Your Volkswagen ID. Team

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Anyone here with an ID3 tour or the 77kw battery. Finally thinking of jumping and getting one made awful mistake with my last car so don't want to the same this time around. I was looking at the ID4 Life aswell similar money, bigger car but missing out some of the tech.

Anyone here with an ID3 tour or the 77kw battery. Finally thinking of jumping and getting one made awful mistake with my last car so don't want to the same this time around. I was looking at the ID4 Life aswell similar money, bigger car but missing out some of the tech.

I ordered the Tour 5, yes it's missing some kit I couldn't care less about such as HUD ( reflections on the windscreen drive me nuts ) and fancy glass roof but I can't be looking up when I'm driving so it's a gimmick that I don't need.

But, it has 3 rear seats vs 4 ( oops mistake I meant the tour 4 has 2 rear seats ) for the tour and has all the kit I need mostly travel assist for the motorway and apple car play, don't need anything else.

Going from 28kwh to around 78 Kwh will be amazing.

I was interested in the id4 but to get travel assist I would have had to spend a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

jogdish wrote: »
    Anyone willing to talk me into or out of a Family :)

Only real question: are the sunroof, 2-zone AC, and extra panel in the boot worth €1,100 to you? If not, go for the Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Have the Tour since beginning of June and loving it. Wanted the bigger battery as we regularly do a 330km journey to the North which it has done a couple of times with ease, about 25% battery remaining. Expect the colder months will do away with that 25% so will be interesting to see come then.

In close proximity to chargers in one of the Hotels in the north so can generally park it there for the night and be good to go the next morning. No charge for the chargers although we try to book the restaurant so we are putting something back for there use.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

So im looking to organise a trip to Kerry for collection this week but looking at the Kerry dealers donedeal page they have a Family listed for €900 more than the Style I have on hold.

So for €900 more looks like comes with the camera, 2 zone climate, keyless entru, IQ welcome lights and few small but extras.

Thing is I’m not a fan of the colour Stonewashed Blue and I wanted Moonstone grey. No doubt il change it in 3 years anyway but its a struggle what to do now?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26482351

Any advice?

hogan86 wrote: »
    So im looking to organise a trip to Kerry for collection this week but looking at the Kerry dealers donedeal page they have a Family listed for €900 more than the Style I have on hold.

So for €900 more looks like comes with the camera, 2 zone climate, keyless entru, IQ welcome lights and few small but extras.

Thing is I’m not a fan of the colour Stonewashed Blue and I wanted Moonstone grey. No doubt il change it in 3 years anyway but its a struggle what to do now?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26482351

Any advice?

Be a rebel and go with the blue, too many silver and grey cars on the road lol.

Mine is stone washed blue haven't seen it in person yet.

The only real difference is the keyless entry, I couldn't be with that now, the other stuff like Camera I'm not bothered with as long as I have parking sensors I always use the mirrors anyway.

The only real difference is the keyless entry, I couldn't be with that now, the other stuff like Camera I'm not bothered with as long as I have parking sensors I always use the mirrors anyway.

Its herself that needs to be convinced and i know she wont care about any of that stuff, she actually prefers having a key to open the door rather than keyless - dont ask. I havent seen the stomewashed blue but I just like the moonstone grey as it has a nardo grey look to it aswell.

My other issue is they have another style listed for €500 less than im getting it for and the original price I was offered. Then dealer said prices went up but from the new July pdf pricelist ot doesnt look like they have. Plus the stonewashed blue is a €700 optional extra so the Moonstone should be cheaper again.

Its herself that needs to be convinced and i know she wont care about any of that stuff, she actually prefers having a key to open the door rather than keyless - dont ask. I havent seen the stomewashed blue but I just like the moonstone grey as it has a nardo grey look to it aswell.

My other issue is they have another style listed for €500 less than im getting it for and the original price I was offered. Then dealer said prices went up but from the new July pdf pricelist ot doesnt look like they have. Plus the stonewashed blue is a €700 optional extra so the Moonstone should be cheaper again.

For 900 extra the only real good thing for me would be the keyless entry. What's the other small extras ? Dual zone climate I don't care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

For 900 extra the only real good thing for me would be the keyless entry. What's the other small extras ? Dual zone climate I don't care about.

My present car plus my last two had dual zone. I don't think I have ever needed to use..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

What’s under the bonnet?

eagerv wrote: »
    My present car plus my last two had dual zone. I don't think I have ever needed to use..

I'd like rear vent for the Boys in the back but that's about it, if it was 3 zone then I might say it's worth it for that alone or even just put a bloody vent in for rear passengers ffs lol, sure they can't be bothered putting wiring or speakers for the rear doors! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

What’s under the bonnet?

The screen wash, and that's about it :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

What’s under the bonnet?

Seems to be pretty full of stuff under there, looked in once, will look again to top up screen wash when the time comes.

The camera would be the other nice upgrade but the parking sensors should be good enough. Showed the fearless leader the stonewashed blue and she doesnt like the colour, wants the Moonstone Grey so that it is. Hopefully there is an R version of some sort fown the line to trade against.

Have looked at almost every single EV and the ID.3 just offers the best value and 0% pcp that no other EV I think is offering, even the ID.4 is 4.9%. Plus im getting a decent trade in one place i rang today said would give me €500 trade and another is €4,000 massive difference. If I dont just get something i will keep changing my mind.

The camera would be the other nice upgrade but the parking sensors should be good enough. Showed the fearless leader the stonewashed blue and she doesnt like the colour, wants the Moonstone Grey so that it is. Hopefully there is an R version of some sort fown the line to trade against.

Have looked at almost every single EV and the ID.3 just offers the best value and 0% pcp that no other EV I think is offering, even the ID.4 is 4.9%. Plus im getting a decent trade in one place i rang today said would give me €500 trade and another is €4,000 massive difference. If I dont just get something i will keep changing my mind.

Who's paying for the car ? :D

Camera is over rated in my opinion, I rely more on sensors, mirrors and observing my surroundings through the windows, no camera can cover all that so accurately and you can't react as quick by using a camera.

Camera is over rated in my opinion, I rely more on sensors, mirrors and observing my surroundings through the windows, no camera can cover all that so accurately and you can't react as quick by using a camera.

Take a guess who’s paying ;)

True, the sensors and mirrors are more than enough but you know what us greedy folk are like. She would like the ID4 just as its bigger and more boot space but the equivalent ID4 style is about €4k give or take more with smaller battery/less power at 145bhp and heavier over the ID3 204bhp so its a mixed bag.

I dont want to make a mistake as its our first ever new car and i dont want to spend a fortune as I know we will eventually upgrade again and dont want regrets. I’ll call the dealer in the morning see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Take a guess who’s paying ;)

True, the sensors and mirrors are more than enough but you know what us greedy folk are like. She would like the ID4 just as its bigger and more boot space but the equivalent ID4 style is about €4k give or take more with smaller battery/less power at 145bhp and heavier over the ID3 204bhp so its a mixed bag.

I dont want to make a mistake as its our first ever new car and i dont want to spend a fortune as I know we will eventually upgrade again and dont want regrets. I’ll call the dealer in the morning see what they say.

Have you had a test drive of the 204bhp ID3,

Family member has one and they find it very skittish in winter, they found it hard to control it on icy surfaces as the power was so instant.

If you were buying a normal ICE Family car would you go for the 200bhp one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The camera is very useful. It can be set to extra wide so that you can see pretty much both sides of the rear of the car. If you're reversing out of a driveway you can see the footpath both sides before the back wheels even touch it. Or if parked between two massive SUVs, you can see if there's a car about to cross behind you. You can't do that with windows, mirrors or sensors.

• Advertisement

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Have you had a test drive of the 204bhp ID3,

Family member has one and they find it very skittish in winter, they found it hard to control it on icy surfaces as the power was so instant.

If you were buying a normal ICE Family car would you go for the 200bhp one ?

I havent actually been able to drive one with work/kids/life never giving me much free time but I have a Tesla model 3 SR+ thats in and around 280bhp or so from memory and i have no issues and she seems to be fine too with that power. Id rather more power than less but most of my cars have been in and around that 200bhp or so and recently a golf gti and a range rover sport.

I do get its very different and instant power delivery that most people would not be used to and in the wet/icy conditions it would catch you out.

Advertisement