Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

My ID3 Style has been registered and hopefully collecting at the end of the week. First ever new car buy and hopefulky shes happy with it. Many years of second hand cars and other peoples problems wears you down. It will be nice to have one less burden to deal with.

Will pop up a picture when shes home :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Getting mine Friday.

any recommendations on a particular wallbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

handpref wrote: »
    Did this 2.1 update get scheduled charging working ?

Any info would be appreciated and will help to narrow down the decision process.

Not fixed in 2.1, which is what we all have in our cars right now.
    Expected to be fixed in 2.3 but not confirmed here yet.

We should start seeing 2.3 rolled out over the next 2 weeks to the ID.3 1st owners and we'll know immediately... its the first thing I'll be checking anyway!

The 2.3 update is also supposed to be pre-installed in any new build cars at this point so if you order now it should have the charge timers working, but again we need to see it confirmed first with end users.

So, you need to wait(1-2 weeks) and see really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My genius dealer, who never gets anything wrong, came back to me to confirm that the Tour now has Area View.

He also announced that all Tour models are now coming with 5 seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

hogan86 wrote: »
    My ID3 Style has been registered and hopefully collecting at the end of the week. First ever new car buy and hopefulky shes happy with it. Many years of second hand cars and other peoples problems wears you down. It will be nice to have one less burden to deal with.

Will pop up a picture when shes home :)

The two best days of owning a car, the day you buy it and the day you sell it..:D.

Joking, hope you enjoy the in between as much as I am..:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

DrPhilG wrote: »
    My genius dealer, who never gets anything wrong, came back to me to confirm that the Tour now has Area View.

He also announced that all Tour models are now coming with 5 seats...

Pity, if it's true. I know the 4 seat is more a niche model, but suits many and one I would consider next. I wonder if there will be a higher spec Tour 5 coming?

Getting mine Friday.

What did you go for in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

eagerv wrote: »
    Pity, if it's true. I know the 4 seat is more a niche model, but suits many and one I would consider next. I wonder if there will be a higher spec Tour 5 coming?

Wait, what?? 5 seats?

I'm pretty sure it's not true, he's talking out of his arse again.

The updated MY22 brochure clearly states Tour as 4 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Getting mine Friday.

Depends on how much money you want to spend but until we know the charging timers are fixed you could invest in a charger with built in timers.

EO Mini Pro, Zappi and Wallbox should all have these features, plus can have load balancing if you have some big consumers in the house like heat pump or power shower

Otherwise, you can get a cheapo charger like QUBEV and start the charging from the app at night until the charging timers are fixed

EDIT: Also, enjoy the car! :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's not true, he's talking out of his arse again.

The updated MY22 brochure clearly states Tour as 4 seats.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a T-Roc by mistake, sounds like you've a proper guru working on your order :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I just emailed my dealer to clarify 😅

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I just emailed my dealer to clarify 😅

Report back when you hear. I'll be calling round a few in the morning, including my own.

I got my tethered Zappi installed today, the difference a tethered charge point makes..........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hogan86 wrote: »
    What did you go for in the end?

ID3 style

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

I got my tethered Zappi installed today, the difference a tethered charge point makes..........

Can you pm me the name of the company who installed your Zappi? Thanks!

Depends on how much money you want to spend but until we know the charging timers are fixed you could invest in a charger with built in timers.

EO Mini Pro, Zappi and Wallbox should all have these features, plus can have load balancing if you have some big consumers in the house like heat pump or power shower

Otherwise, you can get a cheapo charger like QUBEV and start the charging from the app at night until the charging timers are fixed

EDIT: Also, enjoy the car! :D

When you saying charging timers, do you mean the one in the car (im assuming there is one)?

EO mini pro looks like it will fit the bill

It looks as if the Zappy is causing horrific levels of radio interference on AM, being a radio amateur that's a no no, have to be certain it's the zappy tomorrow but if it is the Zappy it has to go as it's illegal and against international regulation to use or install any electronic equipment that emits this level of interference, has to be the Zappi because it wasn't there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

What are the advantages of tethered (other than the obvious one that you don't have to get the cable out of the car and plug in both ends)? I was thinking of getting an untethered for two reasons:

1) A bit concerned that one of us might drive off with the car plugged in and rip the charger off the wall.

2) I want the whole charger to be as discreet as possible as I could imagine local youths might take pleasure in destroying it. Thinking EO Mini Pro 2 for this reason.

What are the advantages of tethered (other than the obvious one that you don't have to get the cable out of the car and plug in both ends)? I was thinking of getting an untethered for two reasons:

1) A bit concerned that one of us might drive off with the car plugged in and rip the charger off the wall.

2) I want the whole charger to be as discreet as possible as I could imagine local youths might take pleasure in destroying it. Thinking EO Mini Pro 2 for this reason.

Well for starters, the car won't allow you drive off if plugged in. :D

If youngsters are inclined to do damage it won't matter whether it's tethered or not.

Tethered means less hassle, no fumbling around in the car pulling in and out cables and plugging into charge point and then into car.

• Advertisement

Any ideas how I would go about finding someone to do a trade of my brand new 18” derry alloys and cash for 19” andoya alloys ??

The two best days of owning a car, the day you buy it and the day you sell it..:D.

Joking, hope you enjoy the in between as much as I am..:P

Thanks, I love that new car feeling and waking up excited to collect it, then when you sell it and waiting for the next car. Its an expensive circle but one I enjoy.

Hopefully some sort of gti/r version of the ID3 comes out down the line and I’ll look for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

When you saying charging timers, do you mean the one in the car (im assuming there is one)?

EO mini pro looks like it will fit the bill

EI are doing the EO pro 2 with install from €499 https://shop.electricireland.ie/products/install-detail/electric-vehicle-home-charger?gclid=CjwKCAjw_o-HBhAsEiwANqYhp7_kSeQRYoay81bskRLrpg2R3h5YqJgTCVJWKMMxtpgPmDACh5FChxoCzJIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Well for starters, the car won't allow you drive off if plugged in. :D

If youngsters are inclined to do damage it won't matter whether it's tethered or not.

Tethered means less hassle, no fumbling around in the car pulling in and out cables and plugging into charge point and then into car.

Way less hastle, and when winter comes, untethered means, wet cables going into your boot, actually not just winter, could be anytime here !

I know someone with a ‘21 plug in hybrid, they are totally regretting not getting a full EV, as they are literally charging every single day from their untethered charger, as they only get 50 or kms from a full charge, and they are also regretting not getting a tethered charger, as it has to be charged every single day. I can only imagine someone charging 300 + days per year, versus someone charging only once or twice a week, must have an impact, on wearing the charging plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Could you not buy an untethered unit and buy a separate cable - keep one in the boot and one in the charger. You could then secure the cable to the wall if you were worried it would be stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

And we are back!

hoping to get eta for my Tour early next week.

I think you'll be waiting, no news on mine probably due to the chip shortage.

My guess now is that it will be end of August or Mid September, that's a hell of a wait for a car in "full production".....

I don't have a delivery date at all.

By the way, I'm not being notified of thread updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like we're back up and running?

Bob Flavin did a "road trip" from Portlaoise to Kilmore last week and really liked the car.

• Advertisement

My tour is back on track for mid-September (was looking like Oct/Nov). Yippee!

Advertisement