Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It’s a different product guide for the GTD/GTI and R range.

Due to WLTP they’re currently finished for this year but will be back for Jan.

Still an exciting time for electric, the ID.3 will sell like hotcakes.

Almost hot hatch performance for a fraction of the cost to run, RWD and instant torque will make it a very fun ride. Hopefully gone are the days when cars are fitted with 50-80 Hp engines that wouldn't pull you out of bed.

As cheap or cheaper than GTD a lot more fun than 150 HP diesel, no diesel clatter, no waiting for gears, revs, clutch which I got to say coming from electric for so long feels absolutely retarded and ICE really feels 19th century to me now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Bjorn's exhaustive testing shows that ID.3 can fit more banana boxes than a Golf. Or a Model 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HvFKcT_rjM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

I've cancelled my preorder. Decided that the new Zoe is looking like a better fit for my desire for an affordable electric hatchback.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

quokula wrote: »
    I've cancelled my preorder. Decided that the new Zoe is looking like a better fit for my desire for an affordable electric hatchback.

Cracking car the Zoe, the revised version will be even better. Well wear and a good choice 👍

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Good car, very different options though, it really shows the gaps in the availability of current EVs.

I doubt many people are cross shopping a Golf with a Clio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

To get the right spec on a new Zoe could take you close to ID 3 though......

1) need to go to Iconic to be able to get the 750 euro extra CCS. that's around 2700 euros on top of base for Iconic plus CCS.

2) You need to pay extra again for heated steering wheel/seats.

Zoe is a good car but id advise waiting to see what VWs entry level price is.

Remember Zoe has 90 and 110 Hp, think the 90 Hp is still on the go, it's slow as hell, seriously. The 110 with 40 Kwh won't be a lot faster either.

If that doesn't bother you then it's a good car but a bit long in the tooth at this stage.

I' definitely wait for the facelift 50 Kwh, it actually looks decent inside but ridiculously still has 50 Kwh DC charging, that's actually a disgrace because it will mean the charging infrastructure is taken up a lot longer than it should in this day and age, 50 Kw is 2009 Technology and a shame on Renault !

10 seconds 0-60 is slow enough but not far off a VW TDI 1.6.

But, it would be a no brainer if you want a zoe if the price is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Old diesel wrote: »

1) need to go to Iconic to be able to get the 750 euro extra CCS. that's around 2700 euros on top of base for Iconic plus CCS.

The ID is 40k+

How are they close?

Remember Zoe has 90 and 110 Hp, think the 90 Hp is still on the go, it's slow as hell, seriously. The 110 with 40 Kwh won't be a lot faster either.

If that doesn't bother you then it's a good car but a bit long in the tooth at this stage.

I' definitely wait for the facelift 50 Kwh, it actually looks decent inside but ridiculously still has 50 Kwh DC charging, that's actually a disgrace because it will mean the charging infrastructure is taken up a lot longer than it should in this day and age, 50 Kw is 2009 Technology and a shame on Renault !

10 seconds 0-60 is slow enough but not far off a VW TDI 1.6.

But, it would be a no brainer if you want a zoe if the price is right.

400km range for 28k

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »

Why don’t you just buy a Clio for half the price and wait for something in an EV to come out that suits?

Why don’t you just buy a Clio for half the price and wait for something in an EV to come out that suits?

That's certainly one option if the yearly mileage is low and we await a proper charging infrastructure in the next 5-10 years.

Clio or new Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Jeez a lot of Zoë hatin' going on ......
    Just 'cos VW didn't start with the cheap one..
    That was a boo boo bugtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

adunis wrote: »
    Jeez a lot of Zoë hatin' going on ......
    Just 'cos VW didn't start with the cheap one..
    That was a boo boo bugtime.

LOL yeah I don’t get it. The new Zoe will be a good EV. One fella giving out about the rate of charge limited to 50kWh capability while the bog standard ID3 will be the same so what’s the big deal. We listen to this kind of thing all the time from the Teslarati now it’s time for the ID3arati

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Mike9832 wrote: »

The ID is 40k+

How are they close?

The 40 k plus ID isnt the entry level.

Would be expecting to see closer to 30 k for that.

The 40 k plus ID isnt the entry level.

Would be expecting to see closer to 30 k for that.

The entry level has way less range than the Zoe

Zoe has more or less same range as the 40k ID3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The entry level has way less range than the Zoe

Zoe has more or less same range as the 40k ID3

And Clio's and Golfs are different sized cars aimed at different parts of the market. Golf starts at €24,850, Clio starts at €16,650.

Why is anybody surprised that a VW compact family car is more expensive than a Renault Supermini.

It does seem that a lot of people wander into EVs and forget that it's still the Automotive industry who charge more for bigger cars and like to upsell equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As much as I like the looks of the Zoe, it is a small base spec hatch. Not a family car (unless you are a family of 3-4 very small people).

And if you just want an EV with good range and everything else is not important, then the Zoe is reasonable value if you go for the base spec (with no DC fast charging). Start going for more power, other options, even just CCS charging (which really should be standard now, come on Renault / Nissan it's nearly 2020!!!) and it becomes grossly overpriced very quickly...

liamog wrote: »
    And Clio's and Golfs are different sized cars aimed at different parts of the market. Golf starts at €24,850, Clio starts at €16,650.

Why is anybody surprised that a VW compact family car is more expensive than a Renault Supermini.

It does seem that a lot of people wander into EVs and forget that it's still the Automotive industry who charge more for bigger cars and like to upsell equipment.

Range kind of important in EV's, probably number one factor in purchase

Was never a problem in ice as you know

Range kind of important in EV's, probably number one factor in purchase

Was never a problem in ice as you know

If you regularly drove an EV as a daily driver, you'd know the difference between 330km, and 390km of range is meaningless.

The ID.3 is still a different size of car, with VW generally having a higher quality of fit and finish than Renault.

I fully expect the Dacia Zoe equivalent to be cheaper than a Zoe and have the same range.

• Advertisement

Bar the fact that the Zoe is electric, it’s a crap car. It’s tiny and really you’d want to be off your nut to buy an electric one when an equivalent petrol can be bought for probably 10 or 11k less.

Unless you’re doing 30.000kms a year, and at that you’d still want to be off your nut to want to do it in a Zoe.

Bar the fact that the Zoe is electric, it’s a crap car. It’s tiny and really you’d want to be off your nut to buy an electric one when an equivalent petrol can be bought for probably 10 or 11k less.

Unless you’re doing 30.000kms a year, and at that you’d still want to be off your nut to want to do it in a Zoe.

Thats how I feel

Clio is a much nicer car too

You'll get slaughtered for that comment 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

208e looks good though pity about the range. I'd still take a fire breathing 205 1.9 GTI over it any way of the week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

...you’d want to be off your nut to buy an electric one when an equivalent petrol can be bought for probably 10 or 11k less.

But isn't that the case for every EV car we are discussing here? Are there any EV cars available now that aren't 10k+ more expensive than a petrol equivalent?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    But isn't that the case for every EV car we are discussing here? Are there any EV cars available now that aren't 10k+ more expensive than a petrol equivalent?

Not really. The only new Golf Diesel Auto you can buy now is 36k. An Executive E golf is the same.

Leaf is probably the same but to be fair the same rational applies to the Pulsar, but they’re also terrible.

Not really. The only new Golf Diesel Auto you can buy now is 36k. An Executive E golf is the same.

Leaf is probably the same but to be fair the same rational applies to the Pulsar, but they’re also terrible.

No one buys diesel auto golf's

They all get 26k manual bluemotion 1.6tdi

Own a Zoë then Limerick man?,doubtless you have an in depth knowledge of French cars in general having owned a load of them.
    The new Zoë is without doubt going to be the most popular EV across all of Europe AGAIN this year cos it's such a P.O.S. TGE ID3 won't make inroads until they launch the cheap in.

Own a Zoë then Limerick man?,doubtless you have an in depth knowledge of French cars in general having owned a load of them.
    The new Zoë is without doubt going to be the most popular EV across all of Europe AGAIN this year cos it's such a P.O.S. the ID3 won't make inroads until they launch the cheap un.

No one buys diesel auto golf's

They all get 26k manual bluemotion 1.6tdi

No they don’t they most commonly sold Golf is the Highline 1.6 TDI which is just over 33k.

And no I don’t own a Zoe (thankfully) but I do know enough about cars to know that they’re an astronomical waste of money in Ireland. There are no maths where they make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Clio Williams FTW

Advertisement