Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Same for mine, but just checked the website and it now has a VIN in addition to the spec details.

When I asked last week dealer said that it was still in production (since start of July).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Picked up my ID.3 Business yesterday for my new company car. It's my first electric and first automatic car so a bit of brain retraining required but i was very impressed with how it handled. The manual it came with in the glove box was very poor though and looks like a badly printed copy from a web document and didn't seem to cover a lot of the features in any great detail.

I have a home charger on order from Electric Ireland and have signed up for the ESB PAYG charge card and the We Charge PAYG plan. Are there any other things that i could be missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Some progress at least.

No VIN yet for mine, either of them. I still have 2 sets of info on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Congratulations. The easygo app is worth having as well. They're probably the second most common network after ecars.

The full manual is in the entertainment system and is updated by VW. They seem to be pushing people to that rather than paper or PDF manuals. I've seen some reports of dealers taking back when cars went in for service or updates the paper manuals received by some owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Dealer took back my paper manual when I got the 2.1 update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Nutzfahrzeuge

So. Here is my experience so far.

4th May . Paid deposit on ID3 Tour 5

Got comm number and provisional production week of 28.

Added comm number to "My Volkswagen" and stayed as a line drawing up until the 20th of July. It then changed into a picture of the car and equipment details available.

Used the online chat today with VW and was told the order was accepted yesterday. I naturally said WTF I ordered this 12 weeks ago how can it only be accepted now. So she said contact the dealer.

Just off the phone with the dealer and he has said it's pushed out to week 35/36 and delivery week 39/40

He mentioned about maybe holding out for the new year. I have an 11 year old Golf as PX and want to avail of the 0% PCP. Plus I mentioned the grant might not go beyond the budget in Oct.

So he said he will stand by the PX value, apply for the grant in Oct as it's good for 3 months and the 0% finance is part of the deal.

Reason for delay is Semi Conducters

So that is a lead time of 22 weeks total. 8 weeks extra. Not sure what to do. Hold out till January or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have a VIN anyway but that’s hardly surprising when cars slot was week 24.

Holy crap. I ordered after you. Do you have the VIN? My order was May 9. Dealer told me car was made week 24 but waiting on semiconductor chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I'm in a similar position. Order placed on 16 July after agreed a price for our current car as a trade-in, which dealer has not seen (he based it solely on age and mileage). Dealer said we were looking at November delivery and took a deposit from me (on a credit card). I made clear that I'd expect him to honour the agreed trade-in value and the 0% financing and he, verbally, agreed. I hadn't considered that the SEAI grants might cease in the meantime.

Since then, radio silence and the deposit hasn't shown up on the credit card. I have no idea where things stand with this car and I'm about to get someone to install a charge point at my house.

What's a comm number?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nutzfahrzeuge

No VIN yet.

Read alot of posts on MeinID and lads there have VIN ( Called FIN) numbers for weeks but cars are stuck at different checkpoints. Use your login on Volkswagen.de and you might see more info. Your VW login is global.

Plus there is talk of 5000 cars waiting for parts , partially built. How true this is is another thing as logistics for storing that amount of cars is nuts.

I also used a Postman GET using a Bearer token on their API and it's throwing 404s . I suspect VW closed the API as it's not got any good news ..

• Advertisement

I’m in west cork for a couple of weeeks with poor internet so I’m not going to worry about it until I get back.

but if I don’t have mine by September I’ll be annoyed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Feel lucky, ordered mine on the 20th and had on the 5th July, but it was a version they had in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Anyone have any thoughts on the interior colours?

If im reading it correctly, you have a choice of black/white/orange for the models after business i think. Anyone have the white, hard to clean? too much/showy?

I love the white. Wasn’t brave enough to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Quick question, honestly, how’s the range? Motorway driving Waterford to Dublin? Would I get back again, or would I have to stop to top up on the way home? 58kwh model. Possibly looking at purchasing. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Whats the door-door km's for your drive?

And whats the mix of roads in terms of how much of it is M, N and L roads?

I got about 260km out of it in winter on the M8 driving at 120km/h (GPS). Summer would be better and its obviously down to your speed and driving style.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks KCross, almost all motorway. Hubby is toying with the idea of purchasing. I have an Ioniq, so just trying to figure out if ID3 is worth buying for the extra range. Our (infrequent) trips to Dublin would be about 134 kms one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

You would be stopping to top up.

You would have Ionity in Gorey though (i always go N11 these days) and you wouldn't be there for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Here's my so far update.

200hp 58kw life.

I love it.

Far more refined /polished /quieter better ride quality nicer handling (just flat out neutral) than the ioniq.

In spite of the loadsa hard plastic it's very obviously built like a VW.

I still grumble about the very narrow beam pattern of the lights./no rear speakers and no rear armrest.

Zero issue with infotainment,doesn't like my Chinese phone have to use android auto for my contacts/streaming. No Biggie.

380km or so fluting about Vs 190 for ioniq identical usage pattern.

Getting a set of Ronal r70 in grey and rear window tints as soon as I'm flush.

My charge timer works reliably but doesn't allow enough time for a full charge I'm just adding 25%

It's plenty quick I actually got a paper handbook,and no no sign of 2.3 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I did Wexford to Dundrum (234km total) the other day with motorway most of the way. Arrived home with 27% remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats too tight in winter then to do a return trip without stopping. It would manage it in summer without stopping.

Regardless, a 5-10 minute stop at some point is all you'd need or ideally some destination charging in Dublin and then no stops required.

Should always go for the larger battery if it can be afforded better to have it than want it, faster charging on DC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Depends where you are going , but know that road well. From west Wexford I normally join it at Carlow, so have a good bit at about 80 km/h plus the bit in from Naas which is quite economical driving. I personally wouldn't do the full motorway from Waterford return without stopping and charging a little(300km?). And it's too nice and quiet a motorway to limit your speed, at least till you join the M7. It could be done but would leave little reserve, but certainly not in the coldest months. Though winter range can be not far off summer with a little care, pre heating and not having the car like a sauna..😉.

But as mentioned there is a good choice of en route charging particularly on return at Ionity or Kilcullen. Destination charging may also be convenient. M11 also an option but it is a little longer unless going to south side. But a much more interesting drive IMO and better for range generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Interesting feedback thanks. Close enough to my own figures, we also have an Ioniq 28. My best estimate is that the Ioniq is about 10% more efficient for just normal non motorway driving at similar speeds. That increases a little at motorway speeds and in the coldest months, the Ioniq having an advantage of better aerodynamics and heat pump. Also the battery heating hurts the ID, particularly on short winter runs. VW may alter this, but from what I hear it looks unlikely.

Difficult to compare the space of the two, but boot definitely bigger in ID.3. It's a cm or so narrower in back seat, but wheel arch doesn't intrude. Not as long, but you are sitting taller so plenty of legroom and still plenty of headroom. And easier for older folk to get in and out. My 6"1" lanky son has no complaints anyway.

Looking forward to a few pics when your upgrades done..

In MY22 models, the difference in charging capacity between the Tour models and the others is only 5KW (125KW vs 120). So, faster but not much.

Ah so the rumours were true then that they would increase charging power, so they seemingly increased it from 100 -120 Kw for the 58 Kwh so perhaps the 78 Kwh went from 125 - 145 Kw ?

Would be nice if the tour and tour 5 got an increase too, rumours say they will increase it incrementally to around 170 Kw maybe more as they get more data.

Hopefully existing owners can get this increase too when OTA updates kick in.

Can anyone who has a my22 tour or tour 5 see what their dc charging speed is ?

77kWh Tour models stay at 125kW. And the 58kWh models move to 120kW.

I don't think anyone has a MY22 ID.3 of any kind yet.

Strange they didn't increase the charging power for the 78 kwh, at least not yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Advertisement