Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

No they don’t they most commonly sold Golf is the Highline 1.6 TDI which is just over 33k.

And no I don’t own a Zoe (thankfully) but I do know enough about cars to know that they’re an astronomical waste of money in Ireland. There are no maths where they make sense

Hard time believing the most popular Golf is sold for €33,000 here, it might be that model but not for over €33,000 average

They start at €22,000

Doesnt seem very Irish

Fleet companies for sure are not paying €33,000 and that would be alot of Golf sales

https://m.carzone.ie/new-cars/Volkswagen/GOLF/Hatchback/

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Limerick man ,you ever even sat in an EV ,?
    Not to mind driven one ?
    I'll happily stick to my two milk floats as my dailys,and break out my 36yr old V8 when I want an ahem "real" car......
    BTW you can substitute the word VW for overated overpriced hypemobiles in my world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

adunis wrote: »
    Limerick man ,you ever even sat in an EV ,?
    Not to mind driven one ?
    I'll happily stick to my two milk floats as my dailys,and break out my 36yr old V8 when I want an ahem "real" car......
    BTW you can substitute the word VW for overated overpriced hypemobiles in my world.

I love the irony as you’ve probably never driven or owned a Vw.

And I’ve put about 5000kms on an EV in fairly mixed driving. I’ve also driven the Leaf, Zoe, Kona and BMW I what ever.

The Zoe is terrible value for money, there’s no argument for that. Do the maths.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Hard time believing the most popular Golf is sold for €33,000 here, it might be that model but not for over €33,000 average

They start at €22,000

Doesnt seem very Irish

Fleet companies for sure are not paying €33,000 and that would be alot of Golf sales

https://m.carzone.ie/new-cars/Volkswagen/GOLF/Hatchback/

Nah, they basic petrol now is about 24.500 on the road (Which doesn’t sell anymore).

PCP is huge and it’s aimed at the higher spec so it’s all Highline really. Rarely sell a Comfortline even now these days.

And I’ve put about 5000kms on an EV in fairly mixed driving. I’ve also driven the Leaf, Zoe, Kona and BMW I what ever.

The Zoe is terrible value for money, there’s no argument for that. Do the maths.

Thankfully I've only ever had two Volkswagen's
    One was the worst car I've ever owned the other was just meh.
    By your rational all EVs are terrible value for money nice to see you've driven some however ,now let's leave you with the thought that your 2nd hand EV is worth a shed load more than your Ice car then add in the running costs oh look the artificially high(some might say) prices don't look so bad now do they.......

• Advertisement

Second hand EVs aren’t worth more.

Spoke to a chap recently who could not get a trade in value for a 142 Leaf.

Not by my rational, an E Golf is the same price as an equivalent Golf.

A Renault Zoe is a small fortune more than the equivalent Clio. Which makes no sense to buy one.

Dude we'll just agree to disagree,I'm not gonna waste my positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭sk8board

We have a golf vii 1.4tsi HL and it was €29k with a huge spec, leather etc. It was on 0% pcp

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

My brother bought a new Golf Highline last year, with the spec he ordered it went up to €37k.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    My brother bought a new Golf Highline last year, with the spec he ordered it went up to €37k.
    Sounds like a 2.0tdi dsg. Mental money though

• Advertisement

Sounds like a 2.0tdi dsg

1.4tsi, manual with R-Line kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    1.4tsi, manual with R-Line kit.

Price list for outgoing 1.5tsi manual r-line is 33270 including delivery... ok, with a tech pack it’s about 34k

Price list for outgoing 1.5tsi manual r-line is 33270 including delivery...

Yeah the run-out models will be a bit cheaper now. He got the R-Line interior and exterior, full leather, aluminum sports pedals, upgraded alloys and paint, discover pro nav, full led lights, running indicators, the works.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Bjorn got some hands on time with the high spec ID.3 in a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 159conor

And tomorrow more boxes. comparing the number of boxes in the id to the Passat. Its going to be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

went to vw dealer today. id3 pricing is expected mid Nov.

since i was there test drove egolf. very nice car. if they lower the price one more time i might get tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kris_2021 wrote: »

since i was there test drove egolf. very nice car. if they lower the price one more time i might get tempted.

Drive an R before you pull the trigger on an egolf.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In fairness, anyone in the market for an R, won’t unexpectedly leave the showroom with an eGolf. Two totally separate markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kceire wrote: »
    In fairness, anyone in the market for an R, won’t unexpectedly leave the showroom with an eGolf. Two totally separate markets.

Ah a golf's a golf, no harm trying one just to compare, might not be as worried about saving the planet after a drive in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

if i had 50k i would go for tesla :P

• Advertisement

Bjorn video.
    So much for the “size of a golf with the interior space of a Passat” argument.
    Obviously the comparison of estate and hatchback is a nonsense, but the one measurement that’s quite stark is the width of the rear seat bench (at 06m55) with the ID being a full 10cm narrower. Those of us with 3 in the back will know that 10cm in the back seat is actually a big difference for shoulder room.

https://youtu.be/KiMkCQRglwI

sk8board wrote: »
    Bjorn video.
    Obviously the comparison of estate and hatchback is a nonsense, but the one measurement that’s quite stark is the width of the rear seat bench (at 06m55) with the ID being a full 10cm narrower. Those of us with 3 in the back will know that 10cm in the back seat is actually a big difference for shoulder room.

Shaping up to be the biggest let down of them all and we've had a few

10cm is alot, it's no bigger than a Golf then?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The interior space was always meant to be lengthways, changing the wheel base without changing the length of the car was never going to make the car wider.

I suspect most people who are waiting for the ID.3 won't be disappointed with the measurements.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bjorn video.

:(

I just ran out to Ioniq to measure the width of the rear bench. It is 136cm (so same as the Passat). Which is adequate for my 3 teenage and almost teenage girls. I've always maintained Ioniq has the inside space similar to some of the smaller D-segment cars like the BMW 3-series and that it is not really a C-segment car like a lot of people claim. This measurement alone has proven me right.

125cm of the ID.3 is far too small for us. That's C-segment. That's me out. Furious that VW claimed the ID.3 has the inside space of a Passat. That was pure lies :mad:

"You have just cancelled your reservation for the ID.3 1ST Special edition. Your reservation number was IDNeobhGTPVsTN3SF. We very much regret to hear this of course. We have already initiated a refund of your €1,000 reservation fee, which may take up to five banking days to process."

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

unkel wrote: »

I just ran out to Ioniq to measure the width of the rear bench. It is 136cm (so same as the Passat). Which is adequate for my 3 teenage and almost teenage girls. I've always maintained Ioniq has the inside space similar to some of the smaller D-segment cars like the BMW 3-series and that it is not really a C-segment car like a lot of people claim. This measurement alone has proven me right.

125cm of the ID.3 is far too small for us. That's C-segment. That's me out. Furious that VW claimed the ID.3 has the inside space of a Passat. That was pure lies :mad:

"You have just cancelled your reservation for the ID.3 1ST Special edition. Your reservation number was IDNeobhGTPVsTN3SF. We very much regret to hear this of course. We have already initiated a refund of your €1,000 reservation fee, which may take up to five banking days to process."

Well that’s another cancellation before the actual prices have been even officially announced here. I’d be very interested to see how many from original list from page one of this thread still hold a reservation. Possibly half of us have cancelled for various reasons.

unkel wrote: »

Why wait anyway?

The 30k ID3 is smaller than Ioniq 38kWh, same range, same crappy charge rate of max 50kW, out years later ( Ioniq 38kWh out soon) and same price

Ioniq probably has much better spec too and a proper warranty ( 5 year unlimited)

Ioniq 38kWh has been a total disappointment, shows how good the ID3 for €30k is lol 😂

Looks like there still isn't an Ioniq 28 alternative yet..........oh yeah model 3 just gonna have to find out how long an Ioniq will last before I can get/afford one of them.although bigger Renault might be as good as the zoë whenever that's gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Bjorn video.

I'm not sure about Bjorn's measurements here. Id3 is only 2cm narrower overall than Passat. What have they done with extra 4cm each side? He's just quickly sticking in a tape measure, he may have made an error. Not enough here for me make a decision on a €40k+? spend.

I'm not sure about Bjorn's measurements here. Id3 is only 2cm narrower overall than Passat. What have they done with extra 4cm each side? He's just quickly sticking in a tape measure, he may have made an error. Not enough here for me make a decision on a €40k+? spend.

He was measuring the seat bench width (i.e the usable width you can actually sit on), and wasn't measuring door to door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Why wait anyway?

The 30k ID3 is smaller than Ioniq 38kWh, same range, same crappy charge rate of max 50kW, out years later ( Ioniq 38kWh out soon) and same price

Ioniq probably has much better spec too and a proper warranty ( 5 year unlimited)

Ioniq 38kWh has been a total disappointment, shows how good the ID3 for €30k is lol ��
    I'm sure Unkel isnt stupid enough to "upgrade" (downgrade) from his current Ioniq 28 to the 38!

Advertisement