Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

September deposit to lock in 2021pricing-

In the off chance that someone else on this thread is thinking of purchasing an id3 I was told today that early September would be the latest to lock in a 2021 priced car, any later would be subject to a 2% increase if the car isn’t registered before 2022.

I had hoped to order in November, kick the can down the road to allow time for them to send out cars with proper software. If I put a deposit on an order in November il have to pay the extra 2% for a MY2022.

if any potential buyers come across this feel free to post- I don’t like feeling under pressure but I also don’t want to pay €1000 more for the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Think I'm in the same boat as you, I have paid my deposit and have been told it will be ready jan/feb at agreed price. By my logic I assume that means the car is actually built something around November ? So I would imagine you/I will have the latest software - which seems to be fine.

Nice one, I wasn’t sure if I was being strong armed to put in the order by them saying there will be a 2022 increase. The sales guy is in fairness a nice lad but it just didn’t sit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So if you order pre-September and lock in the current prices, do you also lock in the 0% finance deal?

I was told similar, but more along the lines ' I cannot guarantee the agreed price if you wait to order ' in any case it suits me to get the car early 21.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi folks, finally getting around to sorting a charger.

Has anyone got one of these?

will prob just get the electric Ireland one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is there a thread specifically to advise on this ?

I too am considering this, or this one https://pod-point.com/solutions/driver/home-charging

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I have the WallBox Pulsar and a friend has the EO mini Pro 2, both installed by the same company, and neither of us has had any problem with our units in 5 months. I wanted a smart charger that could be scheduled for night rate and give me a summary of charging sessions and cost per session via an app. Other than that I wasn’t too concerned about the model once it had a tethered cable, which is an option offered on most models, and was reasonably priced.

I would ‘presume’ that’s a yes, they would be pretty underhand to not follow through on what was agreed.

Also Nissan and Kia are both offering 0% on the Leaf and Niro/Soul so VW have to compete.

For the early adopter crew it’s evident the ID3 is a good car but it’s still an EV and people are hesitant to go pure electric, I’d be surprised if VW remove the attraction of 0% finance. A test drive in an id3 in Winter will be a very different proposition for prospective buyers who mightn’t expect such a large range reduction.

Kia offering 0% PCP?

• Advertisement

Just on Finance ( 0% apr, it took the id3 to push Kia to offer it, my milage is too high for pcp so it’s not on the radar-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

0% is over for now. nearly everything from vw at the min is 4.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

First Charge at Ionnity Kill North the other day in my 58Kwh, Stopped at the charger with 18% remaining. Max charge rate was 98Kw. Got to 76% in 20 mins. Nice and fast.

On the way home a few days later from the airport. Stopped at Kill and max rate was only 40Kw.

I'm assuming this occurred as the battery hadn't warmed up from sitting in a multi-storey for 4 days and we had only driven round the M50. Parents weren't too impressed as they just wanted to head home.

All in all I really do like the ID3. Have 6k/kms on mine since May and 3weeks of that it was broken. :D

Silly gripe though. The LKA is piss poor compared to my Kia esoul. Also the Camera reading phantom signage is downright hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Re Lane Keep Assist, first thing I do every time I sit into the car is to turn it off.

Also, just discovered can't edit a quote on this new site now either🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

0% finance is gone. So if you’re ordering one now it’s 4.9%. Similar across the entire VW range.

however if you had already ordered in the past few months and you’re still waiting on your car, and agreed to a price at 0%, I’d expect them to honour it.

I've texted the dealer for confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Our finance application went in when we paid deposit so should stand for a few months.

just saw elsewhere that 12000 vws are parked up awaiting components. Some for 11 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

yea - does the job.. having electric ireland do the install saved me a lot of headaches of finding a spark..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have the middle version of this but it is still in its box. The cost has gone up from 600 last year to 750 currently

The middle version of the VW charger? Would you mind taking a picture of it relative to something like a coke can for height and depth comparisons ? Im thinking of getting the same one, I don't see the advantage of the top teir one for a single home user and the bottom teir doesn't seem to have app/remote control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

When I say the middle version I mean spec wise. All three specs are the same size I think.

This is the only picture I have saved, that is an A4 sheet so it is not a small unit.

I'll take one from the side if I can later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

How accurate is the KMs left reported by the car? Is it based on driving with no air con/eco mode on or does it take into consideration the current settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

It varies. It's based on recent trips, so if you drive it carefully it may say something like 380km range when fully charged......if you continue to drive it in the same way and in the same conditions, I've found the guess-o-meter to be quite accurate in our ID3 (especially compared to my 2015 LEAF).

However, if you drive it carefully for a couple of days and it shows 380km, but then drive the arse out of it, or do a motorway trip at 120kph, then the 380km shown initially will drop dramatically as you go along.

If you drive consistently, then the range shown is quite reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

lads, my ID3 turned up today. I am happy out with it ( although I only drove it for 20 mins ). I do find the infotainment system a little frustrating though. Is there a way I can have the screen with Map, radio and phone button just be the default page when I start up ?

Currently it gives me some sh*te about the car being online then moves to the Menu page with all the options - I just want the other page unless I am looking to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Swipe left to the middle screen view and then you can customise the tiles by long pressing on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck with car, enjoy. Colour and model?

The online bit at the start always comes up, but if you do nothing it vanishes fairly quickly. When you customise your home screen it makes life easier. Now that I am well used to the system I find it clear, easy to read and gives me all the info I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

I am considering ordering the ID3, after having contacted a dealer I found the prices quoted are higher (1k) than the VW website RRP. The dealer said the the difference is the price of shipping to Ireland. How much more have you paid then the RRP for your ID3?

i bought what must be the very last new 1st MAx in the country ( or anywhere ) - white with 20 inch wheels.

thanks for the info. I'll check out customization of the home screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Are people buying the extra insurance if you had to write off the car in the first 3 years? or is it a gimmick?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement