Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I read about this somewhere and it’s something to do with the way auto hold works in those situations. Try with it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

I normally leave in creep mode, unless I am doing a lot of hilly stops with traffic lights. (Bunkers hill in Waterford comes to mind). Otherwise if waiting at lights I often press P (So easy due to selector positioning). Saves blinding the car behind.

Agree about the power delivery if having to change direction up a steep hill. You need a fair bit of throttle, but notice similar in our Ioniq. You get used to it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Hmm, I might give that a go

I should also try D mode, maybe the regen is interfering

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is there a way of moving the head up display ? Can’t find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Just noticed today, the key symbol in the front cup holder. Should the key be left there while driving, I usually keep it in my pocket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

No, no need to leave key there. It's for if the battery is flat in key fob, you will be able to drive the car. Also you will have to open door with the physical key that slides out of fob. I had to do this a few times when car was new, not a battery problem. But all fixed after updates..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Go into the vehicle settings, the section with the interior/exterior options.

It's in the interior section I think, can't remember which option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looking at online videos, everytime you sit into the Id.3 you need to tap online/offline mode ?Can you just go and listen to the radio without tapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It disappears after a few seconds but the radio starts up when you sit into the car if you didn't switch it off the last time.

I think that screen may be gone after the 2.3 update anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Doesn’t bother me. I don’t do anything and it disappears quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

picked up the Car this week, one question, it comes with 3 years roadside assistance but the phone number wasnt on anything? I assume its the SOS button but is there anything I can read up on

Post edited by silverharp on

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Nice new in-car We Charge app from VW. The video is by Battery Life.

I think there's a number in the App, the SOS button is for emergencies

I'm guessing the charge can't be started from the App since there were no prices shown, but hopefully they add that soon if it isn't there already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

First time getting such fast speed. At Ionity, Kill North.

It even went to 101kw at the start!

Nice, I think it can pull over 100kW from the charger to power the battery cooling, so that you get full power into the battery

VW Roadside assistance = +35316179683

There's a freephone number too, but as I have a UK mobile I just saved the Dublin number.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

• Advertisement

Did my first range check on 58kwH Tech model. Charged to 100% Sunday night last. Did Dublin-Newry-Dublin on M1 with ACC set at 100km/h (228 km RT) - showed 39% and 177 km range remaining on return to Dublin. The rest of the week has been city driving of between 3-15 km per trip. AC has been on and set to 20C the entire week and the ambient temperature this week has been close to 20C with slack winds. My driving style is relaxed.

This afternoon I’m in the Red showing 6% and 32 km left in the ‘tank’. I suspect true residual range is probably more like 15-20km but I’m not brave enough to go any lower. Kilometres since last charge is showing 343 km so, adding the possible 20 km left in the ‘tank’, that gives a total of 363 km from 100% SoC. Given the WLTP range of 416 km quoted for the Tech model I’m reasonably happy with the performance.

Thought this might interest some.

Sounds great, with the ID.4 I find the difference in consumption between 100 and 110 isn't too bad. Driving at 120 does have a bit of an impact, and the wind noise is a lot worse at that speed

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

360km matches my experience also,65km round trip daily,30 rural loads of appreciable hills 35 120kph dual carriageway and motorway,sometimes ACC,sometimes could be arsed,18-20 on aircon depending,I dont hang about neither do I drive like a loon.

Long term consumption after 4000km is 16.8kwh/100.

58kw 200brake ID3 life

I kept it to 100 on the motorway because I wasn’t in a hurry and was enjoying the music on Deezer and wanted to keep cabin noise at a reasonable level. Good to know 110 doesn’t take much of an extra hit.

Going by my average miles per kWh so far, my Tour is on track for about 270 miles / 430 km.

Reset maximum charge to 80% on app and saved setting and plugged in to charge overnight. Surprised to see car charged to 100% this morning. Memo to self - don’t trust app charge limit setting, check setting on infotainment system!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back. I love the car but VW haven’t a clue how to write software.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

It's even worse on our e-Golf! On such an incline going backwards, once you engage reverse and tap the accelerator, the car rolls forward first once the auto hold disengages! Even if you give it plenty of power, it'll always roll slightly forward, and then you have to worry about applying too much power going backwards, so bit of a dance on the accelerator. Takes getting used to. It seems a bit better on our ID.3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

A weird rubbing / rattle developed over the weekend, and it seems to be coming from the dashboard, right where the softer rubbery plastic bit meets the harder plastic right before the HUD display enclosure. It's a constant rattle except for on the smoothest of road surfaces, so it's getting a tad annoying. When I push down on the rubbery plastic piece right where it joins the harder plastic during driving (dangerous, yep, but was trying it out when slow...) it seems to resolve it mostly. Will need a dealer visit, I guess.

Anyone else have this issue? 😯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’ve had a few rattles. Dealer sorted 2 out of 3. Last one requires a new rear seat latch, which is on order, and that was the worst and most annoying rattle. Common enough too I think

like yourself the car was fine on smooth surfaces but corners and rough roads caused rattles. Annoying for sure. German engineering isn’t perfect either😉

cant fault the dealer or service though. Once they fix them (and the charge timers) the car is brilliant.

Advertisement