Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

I just checked my bank account and I paid the deposit on the 29th April or the money was taken then, deal could have been done a day or two earlier I don't remember.

I feel like cancelling tomorrow, going to be 2 weeks wait ( for whatever reason ) from when the car lands on the Island, almost September now so that will be mid September if it was delivered next week but it's not even on the horizon so going to be end of October at the very least for a my21 car ? I really feel like pulling the plug and just keeping the i3. Sick of this nonsense, people ordering their cars weeks after me getting them months before me is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

It's some pain alright. Hope they will have more info for you soon, hate waiting for something and not getting any firm date.

Have other Tour 5 been delivered, thought they were the Tours that came recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Circling back on this topic.

I took out the "L Package Service Plan" which cost €648 and includes a set of 4 tyres. It was an easy decision once I saw that I was going to need new tyres within the first year.

So, anyway, I booked it in and had a discussion with the service manager beforehand and discussed what tyres I wanted. There was no quibble. Its a like for like tyre (no cheaping it out) and I said I didnt want the Bridgestones again and requested the Goodyear's and thats exactly what they provided..... Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance.

Hopefully I get more mileage out of these. The grip is still fine with the Goodyear's and I had those tyres before on the Leaf and got 20k km's from them so lets see how they fare.

One interesting thing was the girl at the front desk wanted to charge me for the tyres. She didnt spot that it was a service plan and asked me for €900+ for the 4 tyres!! 🤣

With great pleasure I told her she can go ask VW for that money as I aint paying her a penny!

Summary... the L service package is WELL worth the money if you know you will need a set of tyres. Even if you go to an independent tyre garage you are still looking at a minimum of €600 to fit 4 tyres and more if you have the larger rims. And I still have cover for the mandatory service which will be due next year and includes brake fluid, wiper blades and cabin filter and brake pads if required(cant imagine they will though).

You can be sure a main dealer service from VW will not be €100 on the ID's. I bet it will be €250+ since it includes those parts which will have main dealer pricing attached to them.

TL;DR: Get the L service plan if you need tyres.

Yeah one but he won't let my dealer ave it yet, it's white but I can live with that. If I got it from him I would loose the 0% interest but it's the only tour 5 not sold.

I just wish I could get more info from the VW site without having to contact the dealer all the time.

Interesting, thanks for that👍️.

Do you notice any difference with the noise level of the Goodyears? Same as my tyres, I feel they are a fairly hard tyre, but grip as you say is good. I have almost 18K on mine now, there is some wear, but expect at least 25K out of them. Good to hear they aren't scrimping on quality with the service plan (Which I also have).

• Advertisement

Do you notice any difference with the noise level of the Goodyears?

Not really or it's just hard to tell because my own tyres were to the limit so had become noisy anyway, so you will always have an improvement on new tyres.

Although the Goodyears are rated slightly better than the Bridgestones for noise level (70dB vs 71dB).

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Still waiting for mine... It arrived on the last ship but my dealer is still waiting for it after nearly 3 weeks. NVD must have delivered to the wrong dealer or some nonsense like that 🙄

Cars cost big bucks, we should demand much better service!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Unfortunately for us mere consumers, NVD basically have a monopoly in this country, so they can drop a car off the truck a month late covered in dents and still expect to be thanked for it 😬

It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

The ships have both been at anchor for over a week now. Hopefully they will be bringing yours on next journey.

the wait is a killer alright though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

does anyone know of this "product" that protects the interior cloth ?

I laughed when one of the sales men tried to sell it to me - but in fact I would like something that could protect it if possible ( particularly if I can buy it much cheaper after market )

Anything is possible I suppose, Haven't heard anything from the dealer so suppose they don't know anything and he said that they are having a hard time getting any info from VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

First lengthy journey this afternoon. Attended the Donegal EV group meet first where the ID3 was the second most common car with 3 on site. Only the e-Niro surpassed it.

Anyway excuse the choice of units. I'm a dinosaur and proud.

Left Letterkenny this morning on about 82%. 203 miles later I was at 9%.

I was expecting to hit around 3.1 m/kWh so averaging 3.4 was a pleasant surprise.

Average speed 38mph... I thought you said you had a heavy right foot?! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

With a fair amount of it driving through traffic, yep. About 70 miles of motorway driving at 75mph is soon balanced out by all the little towns between Derry and Toome with 30mph limits, and then hitting Belfast.

Average speeds are always misleading. My lifetime average in the car is a piddling 22mph for example.

And if you are sitting in the car stationary with it powered up it includes it in your driving.

I believe it's a product by Gard X that all the VW dealers are peddling

There's a few posts about it on the motors forum, reviews seem to range from good to poor. It seems to help prevent stains, but it doesn't work miracles. If your child spills an entire carton of juice over the back of the car, that's going to be a nightmare no matter what

Personally, I've never had Gard X and I wasn't convinced by what I saw. The fabric in the ID.4 seats also seems to have a bir of dirt repellence built in anyway. I got some covers for the back seats in my ID.4. I found some on Amazon which cover the base of the seat and allow the child seats to be connected to the ISOFIX points. I put on in the middle seat as well, just to be safe

The child seats bear the brunt of the dirt, so they need the most cleaning. The covers stop and rice crispies or anything from falling into the cracks in the seats, never to be cleaned again. The carpets get a bit mucky with dirty shoes, but that's what they're there for. The door interiors get a bit greasy looking, especially the f*cking black gloss that is designed to get dirty, but they're no worse than the front of the car

I'm getting some seat back protetctors as well, as I've noticed some footprints on the back of the passenger seat 😬

After a summer of owning the car and a few long trips with young kids the car only needs a good hoover and interior shampoo

Anyone getting or got a ceramic coat ?

I'm considering this as the advantages seem to be significant.

Booked in last June (Or perhaps earlier), but fella had big queue, hopes to be able to do in Sept. He said he had a good few Teslas to do with Titan Vulcan, saw a white one he had done, looked great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I got it done shortly after getting the car. I think VW offer it but they never mentioned it to me.

It is surprising how many small swirl marks were on the car when it arrived.

I considered it but went for the bodywork insurance instead. Figured that ceramic coating can fail but money fixes everything 😁

My plan is to get as much of the bodyworkfixed up as I can close to the end of the PCP so the car is looking well before I send it in for trade in

Having said that, I've already scratched my alloys so perhaps a bit of protection there woudn't go amiss 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Blue Badger

I finally picked up mine (Tour 5) and took it for the first long drive! Absolutely loving it so far. I'm still figuring out things and haven't even broached the voice controls or native navigation (I use Google Maps and then Spotify with Siri) but it really is a pleasant car to use.

Am very much considering the ceramic coating as has been mentioned here as I've seen some before and afters of ID3s and it looks baller.

The only really problem I've had (and I'd barely call them that) are a few sporadic warning messages that since went a way. I'm also shocked that VW put no real discussion into the booklet as to good battery practices for longevity look like nor did they go into any particular detail on the D and B driving modes.

I also have no idea how the light bar on the dash works!! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Congrats and enjoy. Can I ask when did your order for the Tour 5 go in? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

What are the respective use cases of the “D” and “B” drive modes?

Best of luck with car, I am almost one year in and still enjoying every drive.

B Mode is continuous stronger regen, almost one pedal driving but will not bring you to a complete stop. D mode is freewheeling but will slow you up on regen when car senses a roundabout, speed limit, bad bend etc. Depends on your preference but I really like and prefer D.

Don't worry too much about all the light bars etc, all will become clear very quickly..

Enjoy.👍️

Depends on personal opinion

D mode has limited regen and the car will coast along when you release the accelerator pedal (NOTE: if the car is approaching a junction and Eco Assist is enabled, the car will apply full regen to recover as much energy as possible)

B mode will apply full available regen as soon as you release the accelerator pedal. One caveat is that at 100% SoC your regen is slightly limited because you can't charge the battery above full, so your regen braking will be a bit weaker

Personally, I use D mode when driving on a motorway for long distances as it's more efficient since you aren't braking when you don't need to.

I use B mode at all other times as it's more of a "one pedal" experience and I feel it's easier/safer in estates or around towns

i find b mode useful for hilly rural country.

I'm also shocked that VW put no real discussion into the booklet as to good battery practices for longevity look like nor did they go into any particular detail on the D and B driving modes.

VW's stated approach is that you shouldnt need to think or worry about it. The car will take care of it. The main thing they do state (and its front and center on the charging screen) is that you should only charge to 80% unless you need the extra range that day.

Other than that, dont leave the car at 100% or 0% for prolonged periods of time (days/weeks, hours is fine).

D vs B is just a personal preference. It will be obvious what each one does once you drive it in each mode. I prefer D, I dont like aggressive regen but as I said its a personal preference. No right or wrong answer. D is more efficient though if thats your thing.

I also have no idea how the light bar on the dash works!!

The light bar is there to give you indications of things.... example... flashes red when you are about to crash into the car in front of you! :)

It gives a small white indication when there is an upcoming reduced speed limit or a bend where you need to slow down.

Shows two white bars to indicate that you are not in the centre of the lane

It shows the state of charge of the battery when charging by showing an ever increasing green bar.

• Advertisement

The booklet with the car is really just a summary, the Help section in the infotainment has a lot more info

Advertisement