Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

HI lads, sorry I know this is discussed before, but liberty just let me know they wont continue my policy as they don't do insurance for company registered vehicles anymore... AIG also wont, does anyone know who does this now, im sick of filling in all the details only to be told at the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Dealer has told me mine is on the Patara…fingers crossed, even if it is very late in the year to register a new car. For the ID3 owners out there what accessories, if any, would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Matt black or carbon effect cover for the centre console. It's gloss black and a finger print magnet so the cover is a great job. Door panels to match are available for LHD cars already, no sign for RHD yet.

Rubber key fob cover, again the fob is gloss black and will scratch/wear quickly.

Both available on amazon or eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Scuff plates for door sills. I put a few pics up in early Sept I think.. Cheap, but look well..

Post#10050

The Patara is in Dublin Port now, hopefully the dealer will have good news soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Fingers crossed for you it must be on it this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I have mine just over a month/ 2000km and much the same. I wasn’t sure how it would deal with country roads due to the weight (Tour 5) but it sticks to the road and soaks up the bumps much better than I expected. Its great on motorways too - I mostly let travel assist do its thing which makes for a relaxing drive.

At first, I had some issues with the auto wipers – that turned out to be a greasy film on the windscreen which smeared badly when they switched on and seemed to block the sensor/ camera. No problems since I gave cleaned the glass and wipers (which were coated in something oily).

There are a couple of annoyances (which wouldn’t be so easy to forgive if I didn’t enjoy driving the car so much) … The volume and temperature touch controls don’t light up at night which seems like a very strange design choice! Also, the lighting and window heating/ demisting controls are hard to reach, not sure why they’re not on the right like in the ID.4. They could at least have added shortcuts in the ‘clima’ screen. There are a few others - nothing major, but having to switch on auto full beam has annoyed me since DrPhilG mentioned it 😁

Thanks, hopefully hear from dealer by the end of the week.

Hope they confirm that she has arrived sooner than that.....

I just emailed the dealer, hopefully he'll have some good news, would be nice to be a priority but I guess I'm like many others.

Would also be nice if VW offered some kind of kind of compensation for the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

The family is now complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Just wondering If anyone has any suggestions as to what I might have done wrong or if the charger could be faulty.

I went to try out a charger at the local shopping centre today which are free to use plugged in to the charger, plugged into the car you could hear a click and the white light on car flashing white then it turned red and message popped up on inside of car saying Can not fully charge vehicle consult manual. Couldn’t see anything about the error on the e manual. I did try with door locked and unlocked to see if that would make a difference.

checked cable in an e-cars 22KW unit afterwards and worked perfectly so I know it’s not the cable. Should I be doing something apart from just plug and go.

Who ran the charge point at the shopping centre? Some like Lidl, while free, still need a fob or app to start charge..

It is EO and it was annoying me it wouldn't work so I went back for a second shot and noticed on one of the chargers is said you had to download the app which I did, set it up and still nothing only the red light so unless Im supposed to be plugging cable into unit first then car or vice versa I don't know but I will give it another go tomorrow and see what happens. I did spot a leaf charging away perfectly beside me lol so it annoyed me no end lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

EO or EC Charging? Did it look a bit like the unit below?

We had EC units in work (back when there was an office to go to) and I found them to be extremely unreliable. They were accessed through Plugsurfing, and of the 6 sockets available, I could only get 1 to work about 50% of the time

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Car entered production two weeks ago and has stayed there since. Any ideas how long the average build time is at this point?

Hi no they are chargers operated by EO charging at Macdonagh Junction in kilkenny . I have spoken with EO and they reckon there is a communication issue with VW and their chargers known issue apparently so will see if an update comes with software down the line.

German text.

key points:

144000 ID3s sold.

50% are conquest sales from other brands.

1 in every 4 EV cars sold in Europe comes from VAG.

I remember they had many thousands of cars pre-produced so they must be directing capacity for MEB cars to more profitable ID4, Q4 etron and enyaq which is also competing for battery packs and chips.

I must admit that while I love the car, I'm very disappointed in the crappy software/settings and VW's lack of interest in addressing it.

Had EC charging units that looked like those in my old work place, unreliable alright, but funny enough the 22 Kw I used most never had an issue but there were loads of issues with the 7 Kw units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

So I got email confirmation from VW consumer support that the service interval for the id3 is 2 years with unlimited mileage, funny thing is the guy in the dealership also rang me up to tell me that he got confirmation that there is a 30,000km mileage limit.

I ordered last week of April, that will give you a good indication, car arrived on the Island Monday evening and I'd say I'll be lucky to have it end of next week. Absolute joke how long it takes to get from port to dealer.

Perhaps I am a bit of a technophobe, but the car does everything I need/want since I got it over a year ago. Actually I love the simplicity of it, no turning car on, handbrake, paddles, beaps and bongs etc.

One thing though that definitely should be fixed by now is the timed charging, though doesn't worry me too much as I am rarely in bed before the cheap rate..

Are you sure it actually arrived?😋 Hope it did, you should have it soon enough and all will be forgotten..😊

It does most things I want, but...

* timed charging doesn’t work

* speed limit sign shows in the local “currency” rather than in the unit you’ve selected (pain in the hole when you drive cross border regularly)

* 2/3 panel display behind the steering wheel defaults back to 3 panel every time even if you’ve selected 2

* wing mirror dip setting doesn’t save and has to be selected every time

* charge speed shows in km/hr rather than kW

* app functionality is shocking compared to Kia, BMW etc

* app reliability is crap

* auto headlights do stay on each time, but auto dimming doesn’t. WTF?

* Auto Hold is far too sensitive, especially when trying to park in a tight spot

* no individual user profiles

* voice control is the worst I’ve ever seen

* driving mode defaults back to comfort each time, but the menu says it’s still on sport

* no battery % display without digging into the menus

* wipers were not adapted to RHD cars so they’re crap in heavy rain

* online mode option shows every time

* no illumination on the volume/temperature sliders so can’t see them at night

* no option to turn off the low level cabin roof lights

* sat nav is terrible. You can use Android Auto or CarPlay of course, but then you lose the dash light strip indicators and the HUD visuals

Other than that though, top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Great run down Phil -

If you knew all the above before buying would you still have purchased the car ?

Possibly would. The €2k off list and 0% PCP was hard to ignore. And they're irritations rather than deal breakers.

Plus the good and bad thing is that VW can fix most of these via software update. The good is that they can, the bad is that I have my doubts whether they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Hi all.

Trying to get the auto hold to work on the id3, like the id4. Any ides how I do this

Fair enough, even though I don't have some of those functions..😊

Think my app has only been down a few times in over a year, only want it to turn on/off heating and charging and check range. Agree re lack of kW displayed when charging, but at this stage I can judge it from km/min pretty accurately. I prefer creep to auto hold unless in hilly towns. Quick swipe enables/disables it. % battery should be included on speedo screen, hope on a later update. Auto dipping lights also default to off on other cars I drive, one quick flick away from you enables it.

I don't use voice control much, but seems to understand when my arse is cold.......😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

pull down the screen from the top.

should be hidden there.

Advertisement