Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

BigAl81 wrote: »
    That site on the M9 is two chargers with just 3 parking spaces. I mentioned ESB hubs, which ESB define as 4 to 10 cars at a time. Also that M9 rapid charger is the first new location to get a rapid charger in years so they move very slowly.

Talking of moving goalposts, now multi charger sites has to mean at least 4 cars. (the ESB and Ionity sites can both do 4 at once)

By the end of next you'll be wanting 500km and at least 8 cars at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

liamog wrote:
    Talking of moving goalposts, now multi charger sites has to mean at least 4 cars. (the ESB and Ionity sites can both do 4 at once)

Not moving anything. It's almost 2020 and there is exactly one, that's right, one ESB charging station in Ireland with more than one charger and it's been open just 6 days.

Ionity is a God send and completely changes everything if your lucky and there's one on your route.

I suspect the VW ID will open up EVs to your average Joe and Mary soap which is great, but people need to be aware of real world ranges and public charging limitations, as evidenced by the question I answered as to weather the ID doing a 390km trip at 120kph is possible without a charging stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Drubkmonkey has an appropriate name doesn't he ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Not moving anything. It's almost 2020 and there is exactly one, that's right, one ESB charging station in Ireland with more than one charger and it's been open just 6 days.

Might want to review this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057952790

Headline could be eCars expansion due to start Autumn 2019 begins Autumn 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Is it just me or is the alloys they are showing on the Max version horrible? Much prefer either of the other two options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Akabusi wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the alloys they are showing on the Max version horrible? Much prefer either of the other two options

Did not like them at first but they are growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Say you did go with the Max, I presume you'd have all the alloy options available to you

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭zoom_cool

Got a email saying ID is coming to Ireland on the 19th and 20th of November and to save the date in the calender it will be good to see it in the flesh.

zoom_cool wrote: »
    Got a email saying ID is coming to Ireland on the 19th and 20th of November and to save the date in the calender it will be good to see it in the flesh.

Got email too. I’m gutted I’ll be out of the country that week :/

It will be interesting to see people’s opinions when seeing the car in the “metal”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Akabusi wrote: »
    Say you did go with the Max, I presume you'd have all the alloy options available to you

No you wont. You only choose outside paint colour, and dash colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

liamog wrote:
    Headline could be eCars expansion due to start Autumn 2019 begins Autumn 2019.

Would that be the very same expansion and investment they've announced every year for the last few years. How many times has that "10 million investment" been unveiled now? Three?

From your own link they again say hubs for 4 cars, there's 1 location in the country with two ESB rapid chargers and it has 3 designated EV parking spaces, not 4, and it's only open 1 week.

People looking at the ID shouldn't be misled about the current state of the public network.

The question I answered was about doing a 390km trip in an ID with 420 WLTP range.

It's utter nonsense to say, just pop in for a ten minute charge when you need one as if there's free working and available rapid chargers all over the place.

Caveat emptor!

If you want to discuss eCars expansion the discussion is that way ==> https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057952790

For anybody considering the ID.3.First (or any other approx 400km range car) as a mid-2020 purchase. The point stands, don't discount the purchase due to a slight gap in the range, the charging situation has improved dramatically in the last 12 months, by mid next year, it will be even better again. Rapid charger usage levels will quickly normalise now that eCars will be charging for it.

Even a Dingle to Belfast journey (507km) will pass at least 3 multi-charger Ionity sites open by next year. Even if eCars completly stop again, you'll still be good.
    Some existing EV drivers are jaded and can't see the forest for the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭sk8board

zoom_cool wrote: »

Excellent.
    All garages, or one central place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

sk8board wrote: »
    Excellent.
    All garages, or one central place?

Got the email too. Doesn't say where yet though. More information to follow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Maybe will get the socks this time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Got the email for the launch on the 20th ironically that's the same day I'm picking up my model performance......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

jordan191 wrote: »
    Got the email for the launch on the 20th ironically that's the same day I'm picking up my model performance......

You'll be the one outside doing donuts so... ;) congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I have the invitation but will be away, happy to share if anyone would like to attend in my stead.

I would appreciate it if someone going could check whether there is any available option for leather(ette?) - I had assumed for nearly 50K that it was standard but someone told me all of the seat options are fabric-only and I'd like to have that checked. This would be a dealbreaker for me if true (and is why I didn't get the launch edition Leaf40)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Anyone got this in prebook page also? Maybe we get prices finally this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes mines the same but I assumed that one wouldn't be ticked until after it was configured and ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

German ID3 Launch Edition prices and specs announced.
    It is very expensive.
    40k after 4k government grant.
    2sec performance increase.
    apart from that the base launch edition trim is pretty basic.

40 K for how many Kwh again ?

Charging power ?

Anything useful for that money ?

rivegauche wrote: »
    It is very expensive.

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It is very expensive.

I thought they had clearly said it was going to be <€40k before grant. That seems to be a change in their position if that’s true. Not a good development at all.

KCross wrote: »
    I thought they had clearly said it was going to be <€40k before grant. That seems to be a change in their position if that’s true. Not a good development at all.

I've seen in 2 places clearly stated that is the price before Germany incentive.

I think I'm wrong. I wasn't paying enough attention when reading
    abzüglich staatlicher Förderung.

Mea culpa.

The discount from government isn't actually 4k. it is 2k and the manufacturer matches it so they add it to take it off.

production has started.
    https://insideevs.com/news/380217/vw-officially-start-production-id3/

I think I'm wrong. I wasn't paying enough attention when reading
    abzüglich staatlicher Förderung.

Mea culpa.

The discount from government isn't actually 4k. it is 2k and the manufacturer matches it so they add it to take it off.

So 36k for basic id3 first. How does it translate to Irish price? 38k after incentive?

ID.3 1ST – Full Comfort

Der exklusive ID.3 1ST bietet alles, was Sie für einen komfortablen Start in Ihre elektrisierende Zukunft brauchen. Und das zu einem attraktiven Preis.

Startpreis: unter 40.000 € (abzüglich staatlicher Förderung)

Ausstattungshighlights:
    18" Leichtmetallräder „East Derry”
    beheizbares Multifunktionslenkrad in Leder
    beheizbare Vordersitze
    DAB+ Radio und App-Connect
    Navigationssystem „Discover Pro” inkl. „Streaming & Internet”
    Hello ID. Sprachsteuerung
    Fahrerassistenzsysteme
    4 Außenfarben zur Auswahl, Interieur in Platinum Grey / Glossy Black
    Netzladekabel

Lenkrad, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Full Comfort
    Lenkrad, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Full Comfort Lenkrad, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Full Comfort

ID.3 1ST Plus – The Stylish

Zusätzliche Designelemente wie zum Beispiel drei exklusive Farb-Kombinationen im Interieur geben dem ID.3 1ST Plus noch mehr Persönlichkeit. Dieses Auto wird Sie zudem verzaubern, da seine LED-Scheinwerfer Sie grüßend „anblicken”, sobald Sie sich nähern.

Startpreis: unter 46.000 € (abzüglich staatlicher Förderung)

Ausstattungshighlights zusätzlich zur Basisvariante:
    19" Leichtmetallräder „Andoya”
    Abgedunkelte Heck- und Seitenscheiben hinten
    Designsitze „Art Velour” inklusive Komfortpaket
    Exterieur Style „Silver”
    Lichtpaket (IQ.Light – LED-Matrixscheinwerfer, LED-Hintergrundbeleuchtung, erweiterte Außenbeleuchtung)
    Willkommenspaket („Keyless Advanced”, beleuchtete Türgriffmulden)
    Rückfahrkamera „Rear View”

Designsitze, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Plus
    Designsitze, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Plus Designsitze, Leichtmetallräder ID.3 1st Plus

ID.3 1ST Max – Hightech – All In

Mit seiner Premiumausstattung und modernsten High-Tech Features begeistert der ID.3 1ST Max.

Startpreis: unter 50.000 € (abzüglich staatlicher Förderung)

Ausstattungshighlights über die Plus-Variante hinaus:
    20" Leichtmetallräder „Sanya”
    Cockpit Infotainment inkl. Augmented-Reality-Head-up-Display
    Panoramadach
    Premium Soundsystem „Beats”
    Fahrerassistent „Travel Assist”, Spurhalteassistent „Lane Assist”, Spurwechselassistent „Side Assist”, „Emergency Assist”
    Komfortsitze mit einstellbarer Lendenwirbelstütze inkl. Massagefunktion
    Wärmepumpe zur Reichweitenoptimierung
    Telefonschnittstelle „Comfort” mit induktiver Ladefunktion
    besonderes Interieur Design in Dusty Grey Dark / Glossy Black

Premiumausstattung ID.3 1st Max Premiumausstattung ID.3 1st Max
    Premiumausstattung ID.3 1st Max Premiumausstattung ID.3 1st Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kris_2021 wrote: »
    So 36k for basic id3 first. How does it translate to Irish price? 38k after incentive?

OTR price should be in or around that yea.

Remove German VAT: (40000/1.19)=33613
    Add Irish 23% VAT: 41344
    Add Irish 14 % VRT: 47132
    Subtract VRT exemption and Grant (€10k) --- €37132
    Add del & related charges and paddy pricing... €38k ish

Advertisement