Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I can't believe that I can't change timers via the app or even see what timers are active, that's really poor!!!

You can but you need to be on the 2.3 software first and you have to setup the "Locations" in the car first. Once you do that you can then view/edit the timers.

However, the timers dont work properly. They are still broken so dont even waste your time trying as you will be constantly wondering if the car will be charged for you in the morning.

Car didn't charge last night, no idea what I did wrong but anyway

Have you not been following the thread? 😀

The timers are broken. You need to forget about them until VW fix it. In the meantime you need to delete all the locations and then manually start the charge session either via the WeCharge app or via your charge point timer (if it has that capability).

If you have locations setup in the car it will mess with the whole thing so be sure to delete all them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Did the salesman also say you couldn't charge when it's raining? 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 35,969 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How come the new VW Transporter Electric has a range of only 50miles, can only do 56 mph, and costs a fortune. What are they powering it with Duracell batteries .

Seems strange, electric vehicles in the 70's had better stats. Why so different to the ID.3

I think the "new" electric transporter is actually several years old, it was only available in some countries

AFAIK it uses the E-Golf power train, so the battery is pretty small

Also, heavily loaded vans lose a big chunk of range

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I heard Del Boy was the chief operating officer who oversaw the development of that transporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,969 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Makes no sense, vast room for a bigger battery, and vans are very light, when empty, and most people use them for tools, not cargo.

Would love a proper electric van, one that can power the tools one carries, and one that has a massive battery, has a solar roof, and one that does at least a real 250 miles . Seems easy to produce to be fair, considering the the space available.

Yeah have been following the thread, I knew the timers weren't great but I had location set in work and it worked fine in work.

So the trick then to get immediate charging when plugged in is to delete all locations ? don't mind if that's all I have to do because I can use the timed function on my pulsar plus which is a lot simpler to figure out than the Zappi.

The ID.Buzz van is due out sometime next year, it's basically an electric transporter on an ID frame.

Should have the same 77kWh battery as the Tour, but obviously with the bigger size it'll have much higher consumption

V2L is something which is finally starting to become commonplace, the Honda E and Ioniq 5 both have the ability to power appliances.

Recently the ID.Life concept had a 3 pin plug output as well, so hopefully it's a sign that VW are seeing the light

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Plug in when you get home and finished using car. Turn off on the app (Stops charging more or less immediately). Turn on from app when cheap rate or when going to bed (Takes a short while perhaps 30 seconds or more. Resist urge to re press the charge slider while waiting as it can then get confused🙄) And as KC says, clear all charging locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Have the pulsar plus myself. Not once i used the timer function in the car. Charger schedule works flawlessly.

I experienced the wipers yesterday in the rain, pain in the ass alright, whatever possessed VW not to change them around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am almost used to them, but there is a bigger blind spot on the drivers side A pillar. Looks to be a reasonably simple job for VW to change around the arms so the drivers wiper lies above the passenger side when settled..

Yeah maybe after a while I won't notice, I wouldn't bet that VW would change them around, probably impossible anyway knowing VW. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I genuinely cannot understand wtf the "problem" with the wipers is,they work perfectly fine so what if The passenger side goes first ? ,They both wipe the same area of screen with the same frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They wipe the worng way so you're left with a patch of water in the driver's eyeline.

Unless you're much smaller and sit much lower in the seat it might not be a problem lol.

Kinda odd though they would not change them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

how ?,they go up and down in front of your face,how the f else way can you make clap hands wipers work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Why so aggressive?

It's a widely reported issue with RHD cars. Just because you can't figure out how it's a problem, doesn't mean it isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

There is an issue with the wipers. As currently configured it doesn’t leave a full clean sweep in front of the driver as it’s last action. It would if set up the other way. It’s not a huge issue but does leave the question of why didn’t they change it for RHD cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah it's more noticeable in a severe downpour, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Wouldn't make my top 5 of irritations with the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Hello. last 3 days i am getting errors on the dash that dont go away. after restart they come back straightaway. errors are road sign recognition, line assist and one more i cannot remember. anyone had this? i didnt do any software update in last few weeks (i think last one was over month ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

nasty commute this morning with wind and rain. I took it handy. . The wipers don’t really bug me much either. They could be better if configured for right hand drive but it’s fine.

Still no sign of rest of 2.3 update either car is gone offline again which seems to coincide with husband updating his phone to iOS 15. I’ll do mine tonight and see if it comes back online again. maybe having two phones connected to the car isn’t ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

that's your 2.3 update coming through, happened to me.

go out to your car, get in, don't start it and wait for your infotainment to boot up. go to your maps and when your suggested destinations turn green you know your car is online and cooking.

go to the 'system' menu and 'show all updates'. it should show your new update. it might still be downloading or it might have an option to 'install now'.

if you select install now be sure that you have 4g connection and you will not be needing the car for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

2.3 part 1 install takes 70 minutes, part 2 takes 170 minutes.

If the part has been fully downloaded the install option will show up on the screen when you put the car into Park and are ready to leave the car.

It looks like lots of people didn't read the email re the OTA update from VW, just clicked ok and don't understand what the car is doing.

VW should do better, but people should read the message before clicking agree.

I haven't received any email yet, suppose I will soon enough.

Can't comment enough how good travel assist it, proved it's worth again in all the N7 traffic, just so much more relaxing now!

On the site with 11 Kw charging now, plugged in at 10% and said 6.5 hrs to 100% so I should get a decent charge by 3pm if I'm here that long, then will make my way to the other site but who knows might have to stay here later.

The i3 would charge in 2.5 hrs from around 10% and then be sitting there unable to pull any more Kwh from the charge point after this, so I can really pull some Kwh while I'm on this site with the id.3.

It's funny, I left home with 28%, not a hope I would have made it with the i3, I used 18% to travel around 85 Kms, that's really mad when you're used to much lower range.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

you're probably right but human nature etc - lots of people just aren't going to read it all. lots of people just don't want to be bothered either - they just want a car that works. as much as i can get obsessed and fall down the rabbit hole of reading about updates, i think just wanting a car that works is reasonable.

VW definitely made a mess of this (and lets be honest, with a lot of stuff on the ID3). having all the warning lights appear on the dash while driving along isn't ideal.

• Advertisement

Haha. Just re- read the email. It is all in there. Last time i only read first paragraph 😁

Advertisement