Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

KCross wrote: »
    OTR price should be in or around that yea.

So what Irish prices can we expect from the “plus” trim level.? Am I correct in saying it’s looking like it’s going to be €44k in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

OTR price should be in or around that yea.

Remove German VAT: (40000/1.19)=33613
    Add Irish 23% VAT: 41344
    Add Irish 14 % VRT: 47132
    Subtract VRT exemption and Grant (€10k) --- €37132
    Add del & related charges and paddy pricing... €38k ish
    40k inludes 2k which they add on to take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

rivegauche wrote: »
    40k inludes 2k which they add on to take off.

Urrgh... another bit of VW trickery then!? :mad:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what VW Ireland come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

So much of an ev for the masses

So much of an ev for the masses

Well, this is for the 1st edition only so not the entry level model. If the entry level model is <€30k it will be a massive seller.

• Advertisement

No. the German grant scheme for all manufacturers was criticized by many as not really being 4k but being 2k whooped up to 4k. The 2k from the government is real, the matching 2k isn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Well, this is for the 1st edition only so not the entry level model. If the entry level model is <€30k it will be a massive seller.

If the basic first is around 40k they'll have to strip it right back to get to 30k. How much would they save on the smaller battery? 5k? That still leaves another 5k of accessories out to meet the target.

the basic first edition doesn't have much to take away to reach 30k. it is already fairly bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

So looking at 50k to get the version with panoramic sunroof and wireless phone charging. I'm out I think. I have a feeling this 1st launch is going to fall flat on its face. They really need to get real model specs and prices out there before the whole id brand is damaged.

If the basic first is around 40k they'll have to strip it right back to get to 30k. How much would they save on the smaller battery? 5k? That still leaves another 5k of accessories out to meet the target.

They've already said the entry model will be <€30k in Germany before incentives.

• Advertisement

They can probably discount and have the supply to mop up sales until the Tesla Model 3 has enough supply to satisfy the market but they can't really afford to price this downward and VW reputation isn't based on high depreciation so their steep first edition pricing just looks wrong to me.
    420km range isn't attractive to Germans either who have been used to motoring from one end of Germany to the other in premium Diesel cars. They certainly won't have 330km at 140kmph on the smallest battery version.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I've seen the car in person. I like it on paper. I don't like the huge price tag. But what really worrying me is the front look of it. Lots of the images in emails and advertising are not front on. It constantly back and side views. Like a great looking thing from some angles and not others. The small front is just not as nice looking and worrying when not advertised in traditional way. A contact of mine said the Irish price will be released or known mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

They've already said the entry model will be <€30k in Germany before incentives.

I'm sure they will but it's hard to see how removing the extras on the 1st edition can make the saving

18" alloy wheels
    Heated leather multifunction steering wheel
    Heated front seats
    DAB+ Radio and App-Connect
    Navigation system “Discover Pro” including “Streaming & Internet“
    Hello ID. Voice control
    Driver assistance systems
    Four paint colours to choose from
    Interior in Platinum Grey / Glossy Black
    Mode 2 Charging cable

Cheaper wheels, no heated seats/steering wheel, make all the electronics/software optional. It'll still need paint and a cable

I'm sure they will but it's hard to see how removing the extras on the 1st edition can make the saving

18" alloy wheels
    Heated leather multifunction steering wheel
    Heated front seats
    DAB+ Radio and App-Connect
    Navigation system “Discover Pro” including “Streaming & Internet“
    Hello ID. Voice control
    Driver assistance systems
    Four paint colours to choose from
    Interior in Platinum Grey / Glossy Black
    Mode 2 Charging cable

Cheaper wheels, no heated seats/steering wheel, make all the electronics/software optional. It'll still need paint and a cable
    Base colour on Golf7 is an unattractive non-metallic grey.
    €230 more for a red or white.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

rivegauche wrote: »
    Base colour on Golf7 is an unattractive non-metallic grey.
    €230 more for a red or white.

€650 or something like that for any colour on the eGolf. One of the whites is up near 1k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Don't know KCross, people are not as desperate as you think ( VW hope so too by the looks of it )

50kW charging
    45kWh battery
    140bhp
    Bare bone interior
    €30,000 after €10,000 government grant/vrt

Its not really impressive today, never mind 2021

Grants could be different by then too, cant last forever

See Nissan doing scrappage now, Leaf 62kWh is available for €34,000

With 100km more range, 80 more bhp, higher spec, I'd probably take that yoke over that base ID3

ID3 looks massively disappointing

They'll do a Tesla and make it so unattractive people will pay the few k extra to not be laughed at

Roll up windows, 50kW charging from 2011, steel wheels, god awful cloth interior, that's what 30k will get you

They'll lose money selling them at 30k, they've admitted that already

Like Tesla they'll make it so bare only a fool would buy it and they'll produce that base 30k model in low volume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if i see another id3 ad on youtube im going to go insane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

KCross wrote:
    They've already said the entry model will be

The low battery low trim is estimated at 27-28k by the myself and others...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Mike9832 wrote:
    50kW charging 45kWh battery 140bhp Bare bone interior €30,000 after €10,000 government grant/vrt.

See Nissan doing scrappage now, Leaf 62kWh is available for €34,000

With 100km more range, 80 more bhp, higher spec, I'd probably take that yoke over that base ID3
    Except you omitted a few key details:
    1. L62 is 39k, not everyone can scrap, VW may also offer something, but before we know it's 38k vs 30k. That's 30% more.
    2. L62 can't charge more than 50kW DC (no chademo chargers ANYWHERE support and won't anywhere soon)
    3. L62 doesn't have a liquid cooling/proper thermal management. The battery will degrade quickly even in Irish climate.
    4. L62 (56 kW net) has terrible efficiency. I predict it will barely do the same range as ID3 (45kW net) especially motorway and in colder weather.

The only thing that L62 has better is size and propilot/assist tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I can't remember now for sure, but wasn't that after incentives?

We have slightly higher VAT, but also €1k more grant so price here should be similar

Sub €30k on the road (?) for a base spec reasonable range family size EV (supposed to be as big as a Passat on the inside, but that is very much in doubt) is not bad. But will we get it like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Time to withdraw my deposit, already have a milk float ...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

rocky wrote: »
    Time to withdraw my deposit, already have a milk float ...

Nice Wheels!!!

McGiver wrote: »
    Except you omitted a few key details:
    1. L62 is 39k, not everyone can scrap, VW may also offer something, but before we know it's 38k vs 30k. That's 30% more.
    2. L62 can't charge more than 50kW DC (no chademo chargers ANYWHERE support and won't anywhere soon)
    3. L62 doesn't have a liquid cooling/proper thermal management. The battery will degrade quickly even in Irish climate.
    4. L62 (56 kW net) has terrible efficiency. I predict it will barely do the same range as ID3 (45kW net) especially motorway and in colder weather.

The only thing that L62 has better is size and propilot/assist tech.

Says 34k on Nissan site

27k for 40kWh

https://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/offers/big-electric-switch.html

Agree with most of your post, no denying Leaf62 is a flawed yoke

ID3 base can only charge at 50kW too

Range isn't going to be great on ID3 at speed either, coefficient drag is poor compared to best in class

Nissan degradation issues are not bad here, they've improved alot in recent years, I wouldnt worry about Leaf62 there

unkel wrote: »
    I can't remember now for sure, but wasn't that after incentives?

We have slightly higher VAT, but also €1k more grant so price here should be similar

Sub €30k on the road (?) for a base spec reasonable range family size EV (supposed to be as big as a Passat on the inside, but that is very much in doubt) is not bad. But will we get it like that?

It was "under €30k in Germany before incentives".

They have made that statement many times. It should equate to about €28k OTR here but based on how pricing has gone across the EV range so far I'd be betting closer to €30k and it will be for a bare bones spec that you wont really want (no metallic etc).

Hopefully we'll get some more info here in a few weeks.

There'd be plenty of People in Ireland who will buy seats and steering spec, plenty of People do already.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mike9832 wrote: »
    ID3 base can only charge at 50kW too

With an option to upgrade the charger to 100kW for a price. Which you keep leaving out, despite repeatedly posting the base is 50kW line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So the base is still 50 then. If you upgrade, it's no longer base.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

JohnC. wrote: »
    So the base is still 50 then. If you upgrade, it's no longer base.

The important question being how much will the charger upgrade cost. Complaining that the base model only has 50kW CCS if it only costs €250 to add it is daft. If it ends up costing €5,000 then yeah it's bad.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    With an option to upgrade the charger to 100kW for a price. Which you keep leaving out, despite repeatedly posting the base is 50kW line.

It is 50kW base

Base = base

It could be €1500 upgrade for all you know

Advertisement