Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Had a trip up to Dublin today from west Wexford, handy for using up the last of my We Charge free credit (€15.78). Got to Kill North (The western one) with a lowish battery and tried no 4. No luck. Then No 3 out of order, then to No 2 also no luck. No 1 was in use, driver came out of shop and told me he also had same problems and had to start charge by phoning Ionity. I did same and the very pleasant lady apologised, started the charge and said of course I would not be charged for the session..The first time I have had problems with Ionity.

Didn't stay long, went on my business (Incl dropping in to have a look at the Model Y at Sandyford) then decided to come home via Gorey Ionity. (Similar distance from south Dublin to home as going via Carlow and prefer the road) Was determined to use up the credit before midnight when it can no longer be used..Still had €4.75 credit when finished there, so put the remainder into swimbo's Ioniq when home at nearby Fast ECars charger (12.49kWh).

Thank you VW..😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Well done on using up all the free credit. I tried really hard to get rid of all mine. Even randomly charging volvo's, e-tron's,ID4'S,e-golf's, etc. Still managed to leave about €85 on it. I just wasn't doing the mileage.

Anyway, on a completely different note, the phage has arrived in the house. Herself has had a positive antigen test this morning, so I'm off for 5 days as a close contact and we're both to get pcr tested today. Feel fine, booster jab last Saturday too. I felt it was inevitable. That's Christmas f**ked now anyway.

Post edited by rx8 on

Sorry to hear, it's some pita. Hopefully a false Antigen..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

My dealer is trying to upsell me on a service package at the moment. In year 2, it's €300 for a service, pollen filter/brake fluid change and a wash and vac.

Is it worth it? I'm used to only spending about €120 on my eNiro service yearly and never got a pollen filter/brake fluid change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I would say the chances they are actually doing a full brake fluid change are almost zero. But I've never worked there so I might just be cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

When I picked up in August, the basic service pack had been added to the base price. You could still upgrade to the premium version for another €350 or so.

The premium package is well worth it as it includes a set of tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I’ve done 15k in 2.5 years in my e-Niro so I can’t imagine I’ll need new tyres in 2 years time!

Fair enough, I do about 25k a year.

That said I've seen folk in the UK reporting worn out tyres after 6k miles. The Bridgestones that come with the car are not highly rated.

Listing a set of these shortly in the for sale thread.

Dezent TA Black, Polished 7.5x18 ET50 5x112 57.1

Still boxed and unused, 2 arrived with slight damage due to bad packaging.

Cost €670, I'll be listing locally at €450.

Boardsie discount at €400 collected.

I'll upload pictures of the damage on the for sale page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What is the name of the service plan he is selling?

it should be S, M or L

the items you list are “required” as per the cars service schedule so you need to weigh up the cost of paying upfront via the service plan vs trying your luck at 2yrs by pricing around. I’d be betting it will be easily €300 for all those items in a VW garage.

I had the Bridgestones on mine from the factory. Fine tyre but all 4 were gone by 12k km’s.

I believe the issue is that they come with about 1.5mm less thread to begin with… sneaky from Bridgestone.

Got Goodyear on it now under the service plan. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

At that rate we would have given Kia €360 per year on our milage €120x3 every 15,000km which is ridiculous - or €720 over two years.

If your not feeling the service pack get them to take the €300 off the total price. Think we left it included as it’s one less thing to worry about in 2023 …wait, it’ll be 2024 with the current delays ))))

"christmas f1cked ? why ? isn't everyone protected by the vaccine ?

I got to try out the 150kW eCars charger in Manor Stone Services (Ballacolla). In theory the ID.3 should be able to pull 100kW from that given the right conditions.

I took some other motorway stats from the trip too.

It was 11°C outside and a miserable rainy night but I had a 20km/h tailwind

I pre-heated the car and the battery was at 14°C when I started.

I reset the clock for the last hour of the motorway.

20.7kWh/100km isnt too bad but the tail wind helped alot as will become evident when you see the return journey stats!

Fortunately, the battery just hit 20°C as I arrived at Manor Stone and I was at 9% SoC so I had perfect conditions for max kW from that charger and it duly obliged.

I took pics for each 10kW that it dropped and it seemed to closely match the SoC.... for each 10% increase in SoC it dropped the charge rate by 10kW.... see the following few pics to see that.

I also saw the battery temp increase quickly during the charging session from 20°C to 40°C and the cooler kept the temp steady at 40°C but I was able to get max kW when it was at 20°C, so that is the magic number (along with a low SoC when you plug in).

Once it got to 70% SoC it more or less held the rate at 50kW all the way to 80% SoC.

So, 9-80% in 33mins, 39kWh taken on, so an average rate of 71kW for the session.

As mentioned earlier, the trip home wasnt as efficient. A 20km/h head wind and so the consumption went to 24.5kWh/100km (vs 20.7kWh/100km). I think going home was also uphill.

I did motorway runs(Cork-Dublin return) before in winter/summer and got similar enough figures (winter: 21kWh/100km, summer: 19kWh/100km)

Thanks, but what I am more amazed by is that you have an average speed of exactly 120 km/h. Don't think with my mixture of driving I have ever seen an average that high, though I do drive on at times on my shorter motorway bits..But then I again I have never recorded as high an average consumption on a journey (Often seen though on short trips).

simple answer, I wanted to show actual consumption at motorway speed and not a mixture as that obfuscates the figures as everyone will be on different roads and drive differently so I got onto the motorway, got up to 120km/h speed and THEN hit the reset button and an hour later took the pic.

it was unobstructed motorway driving so cruise control at 120km/h for the entire hour hence the average was also 120km/h!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

What tethered charger people can recommend for price as close as possible to the grant? Free charging is gone and I didn't even use half of it. Time for home charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Anyone else having connection issues. For nearly a week now have a connection error - when you get into the car it comes up saying unable to load connection status - th glob is greyed out with no connection bars. Have reset the infotainment and locked the car for 10 mins the tried again to no avail. VW have said they are looking into it and possible cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Re tyres

I've got continentals on mine,13k up and 6mm front 5mm rear still left extrapolation would suggest they'll do 25 K,that's the best I've seen out of a set of tyres on anything I've ever had ........ever

I have the wallbox pulsar Plus and highly recommend it, it's a lot smaller than the Zappi and a lot easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Journey to north done, 12° dropping to 8° and no real breeze to talk about. Arrived with more than I was expecting, 26%, and took a few km's off the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

420 range is good going. I noticed my GOM has been climbing over the last week. Is 10 degrees a key temp for range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

420km range? on the 77kwhr or the quoted number for the 58?

What is the price? Do I need to order charger first or electrician will rake care off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I bought it off the installers, was ab €1300 before the grant.

The warmer the better, within reason.. I find once the ambient temp is over about 6C I can get quite good range. Because I don't generally leave early the battery is probably a few degrees warmer so usually no battery heating. Apart from battery heating the next big draw (Apart from motive power) is cabin heating, so preheating helps. If the sun is shining and ambient temp around 9 (Or 12C yesterday in SE) then maintaining heating to reasonable level will require very little energy.

We are lucky here in Ireland having a fairly mild temperate climate, the periods of very poor range aren't that many.

And the days are getting longer...😊

Cost me 1500 from EV charging Ireland, then get grant 600.

• Advertisement

I'm not too bothered with reduced range in Winter, especially in the 77 Kwh but what I think is a lot more frustrating is the poor charging speeds and to think we will have to get to v 3.0 to see this improved is really pathetic (in my opinion ) because it will be at least February I've been told before I'll even get V 2.3 so I can't imagine having 3.0 until the end of next year at the earliest.

Plugging in at 35-37 % and getting 50-60 Kw is just not good enough in almost 2022. Taking 40 mins to get 28-30 Kwh is a joke, they need better charging curve + battery heating for charging.

Advertisement