Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

McGiver wrote: »
    Only if you keep doing PCP practically forever. You'll get the depreciation once you stop. Not sure how many people can afford burning money continuously for a long time like this.

The same can be said for all forms of finance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got the invite also.
    I'm not deposit holder.

I wont be going but if anyone wants my slot, they are more than welcome to it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Irishjg wrote: »
    Why ... just because it has a VW badge ? The 40K ID won’t have anything more than either of those cars. No heat pump and DC ROC max 50kWh. It will have RWD if you think that will push the resale value over other 40k BEVs but there’s absolutely no way anyone can predict that until the time comes.

Interestingly when you look at depreciation, brand often does have an impact.
    Here's an article from the UK in 2017. After around 55,000 km depreciation on a VW was 47%, Kia 59%, and Nissan 63%.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,075 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

liamog wrote: »
    Interestingly when you look at depreciation, brand often does have an impact.
    Here's an article from the UK in 2017. After around 55,000 km depreciation on a VW was 47%, Kia 59%, and Nissan 63%.

Those sort of analyses are confounded by the exclusion of options over list price.

When I bought my Kia it neded zero options as the spec was already maxed out from the factory. The last BMW I bought was something like 30% more expensive than list due to me going nuts on the options.

Premium brands are masters at extracting more money over list pruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭sk8board

Lumen wrote: »
    The last BMW I bought was something like 30% more expensive than list due to me going nuts on the options.

Premium brands are masters at extracting more money over list pruce.

same with me, but those premium brands give you exactly what you want - and that level of customisation comes at a price.

That said, there's something i like about the M3 having only 3-4 options (colour, FSD, range, interior colour), but they are still so rare that they all look different on the road.

If tesla were mass-market, that level of customisation simply wouldn't wash in the €50-75k category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,075 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

sk8board wrote: »
    If tesla were mass-market, that level of customisation simply wouldn't wash in the €50-75k category.
    I suspect that options are limited on the 3 in a failed attempt to avoid completely destroying Model S sales. I'd love a bit of biscuit pleather in a Model 3 but Elon won't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Lumen wrote: »
    I suspect that options are limited on the 3 in a failed attempt to avoid completely destroying Model S sales.

Main reason appears to be to keep production numbers to a max.

They can just run at max in production and then match customers to their cars afterwards.

If you had a miriad of options your car would need to be built specifically for you. They cant handle that complexity yet. They just need to go at full tilt and make/deliver as many as they can and try not to run out of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

U.S Customers buy from Stock. Europeans generally order from Production and the supplier chain management for European Manufacturers is more sophisticated allowing them the flexibility to up-sell more than other manufacturers.
    Don't think that Tesla is giving you anything for free from the goodness of their hearts. If they survive and the brand is able to bear it then 5 years down the line they will be as miserly in Europe as MB, BMW and VAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Does anyone have tickets for the Thursday reveal at 18:00 that they don't want?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ditto, I wouldn't mind getting a ticket from someone not going. Or joining someone who is not bringing a +1

I'm fairly flexible in relation to dates / times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Have 2 for Thursday at 2 pm if you are interested send me an email address.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I wonder when they added the Thursday session, the pre-bookers invite I recieved only had
    Tuesday November 19th: 14:00,18:00
    Wednesday November 20th: 14:00, 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

The Thursday sessions are for anyone who subscribed to the VW newsletter.

rx8 wrote: »

Ahh ok, so they'll probably spend less time going through the mechanics of how to obtain the first edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

unkel wrote: »
    Ditto, I wouldn't mind getting a ticket from someone not going. Or joining someone who is not bringing a +1

I'm fairly flexible in relation to dates / times

My offers still good....did something ludicrous but I'll say no more until I tell her indoors sometime in February....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

My offers still good....did something ludicrous but I'll say no more until I tell her indoors sometime in February....

book more than a test drive?!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    book more than a test drive?!!

Probably a trip to A&E and a divorce settlement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Probably a trip to A&E and a divorce settlement.

you'll have a new car to bring your to court and hospital though!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

rx8 wrote: »

Does anyone know if the prebookers can go to the Thursday event instead ... I can’t make it Tuesday or Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

.did something ludicrous but I'll say no more until I tell her indoors sometime in February....

Order a Tesla performance? :p

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Order a Tesla performance? :p

Wouldn't dream of it:rolleyes:

Got a text from someone asking me did I know anything about a leaf today, think I have a taker for my deposit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

German prices and specs for ID.3 1st edition have apparently been published

Link grabbed from speakev: https://www.speakev.com/attachments/gemran_euro_id_pricing-jpeg.124222/

Only the €50k model gets a heat pump. I think that's definitely taking the michael!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

pdpmur wrote: »
    German prices and specs for ID.3 1st edition have apparently been published

Link grabbed from speakev: https://www.speakev.com/attachments/gemran_euro_id_pricing-jpeg.124222/

Only the €50k model gets a heat pump. I think that's definitely taking the michael!

Haha 😂

Good luck in winter without pump

Want to drive in winter, buy the 50k model

Surely you can add as an extra on the 40k one?

All long range EV’s should have it as standard anyway

What do those prices translate here after grants?

Add 4% then take off 10k of grants. Those prices aren't anything different to what we already know it was always sub 40 or 50.

What are they using instead of a heat pump, resistance heater, storage heater?

The really need to get a review of this car out there, I think there hiding it at this stage.

The really need to get a review of this car out there, I think there hiding it at this stage.

For sure

You'd think they would

Take the sting off Tesla Model 3 anyway

What you think they are hiding

Efficency/range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I'm waiting to see it in the flesh on Wednesday and talk to the hopefully knowledgeable VW staff there but the more I learn the less I like, 99% sure I'll be triggering the refund option tomorrow.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    For sure

You'd think they would

Take the sting off Tesla Model 3 anyway

What you think they are hiding

Efficency/range?

Are many people cross-shopping a €78,500 sedan versus a €50,000 hatch?

Are many people cross-shopping a €78,500 sedan versus a €50,000 hatch?

They do a lovely €50,000 one too

As you well know

Mike9832 wrote: »
    They do a lovely €50,000 one too

As you well know

Well, I assumed as people only seem to compare the top-priced ID.3 to any other model that we should do the same on Tesla side.

• Advertisement

Well, I assumed as people only seem to compare the top-priced ID.3 to any other model that we should do the same on Tesla side.

Of course

Fair comparison

Its much slower, slower charging and less motorway range ( not confirmed yet, but id put my house on it)

Advertisement