Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

80%

Given work has charger and I seem to be able to do return without charger on a fair day, seems grand for me.

I'm both disappointed and not with the range, it's not wildly different from what I expected but there are so many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The London Metal Exchange (LME) in an unprecedented move has halted nickel trading and cancelled all trades today as a race to cover short positions saw prices double in just hours to record highs above $100,000 per tonne.

The trading shutdown after Western sanctions threatened supply from major producer Russia is the biggest crisis to hit the 145-year-old exchange in decades.

In the 1990s a rogue Sumitomo trader tried to corner the copper market and tin trading was stopped for five years in the 1980s.

The move underscores the market panic created by Russia's invasion of Ukraine with buyers scrambling for the metal crucial for making stainless steel and electric vehicle batteries.

So I would just say ride out this blip, enjoy every moment in the cars that you have

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I genuinely rarely look at the GOM. Charge to 100% and drive on

i was in Dublin today and used 19.9 kWh/100 km.

I got 17.5 Kwh/100 km today by the time I got to work, I drove slower on the motorway, 110 instead of around 130 and drove a bit more economical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

and you didnt pay €2.24 per 16km! :D

• Advertisement

lol no and a lot of People who laugh and slag me for having a toy car are not laughing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 backbones

Who described it as being a toy car? Was it because its electric or was it because of the look of the car?

For being electric, having a dig at electrics in general.

I genuinely feel for people with those fuel prices. My commute was costing 25 euro a go in the old Mercedes’. Would be at least 40 now. Electricity is going to go up too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I had a row with someone on Facebook today, on one of the UK owners pages.

I pointed out that it was pretty mean spirited to be smug towards those struggling with the cost of petrol and was promptly called woke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I seriously don't get how people think calling someone woke is an insult

To me, woke means that you aren't a prick to others if you can avoid it

Although, you went onto a UK Facebook page... I'd say you were walking into the racist lion's den there 😜

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Well to me, being called woke is an insult. The term has come to represent all the excessive stupidity and "offended by everything on behalf of everyone" attitude that pervades our lives these days. It's gone long past just meaning - not to be a dick.

But those who use the term for anyone who is trying not to be a dick, are most likely dicks. The kind of idiots who called Marcus Rashford woke for fighting for kids meals etc.

Basically the term has been polluted by both sides of the political spectrum.

Anyway, a tad off topic for the EV forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The problem here in part is that different folk take different meaning from such words to suit their agenda and as a platform to either take or give offence.

It very rarely is done to make a meaningful contribution to society or individuals

My partner works in what I call the options beyond the traditional male female space.

eg: you add ( he/him) and so on after your name, even on professional correspondence.

As an engineer and accountant, I like clarity of definitions, there is none with a lot of this and in many cases seems to be more about what they are not.

eg: eile: what do ( A/Bi/Demi/Non/Pan) sexual really mean...

Anyway time to unplug...

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 backbones

That's my impression about what 95% of the complaints about what "wokeness" is about.

If being woke means I don't use the N word, try to be conscious about the pronouns people like to be used, don't automatically freak out about a woman being in a TV show or film and using electric cars, then I guess I'm woke.

Still being aspirational woke as I'm still waiting for the delivery of an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Cancelled my id3 tour 5 ... VW rang and unfortunately couldn't guarantee delivery before 2023 (ordered in Sept).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Might all change but got an update on our business pro performance which we ordered on the 28th Oct. Its scheduled to be built on wk12 and should see it wk18. I'm very surprised with this positive update with what is going on with wiring harness issues, etc. I'll get a better feel for it in 2wks time if this update is accurate.

That's a shame you couldn't hold out another while, I ordered last week of April 21 and picked it up middle of October, the wait is a killer. But I really love the car, the travel assist is amazing for all the long motorway trips of around 700-800 Kms a week, it's a very refined car even at speed, very solid and good to drive. Build quality is fantastic.

Did the salesman say he's call you when it arrives to see if you're still interested ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

Not worth the elevated blood pressure. Social media 'likes' do wonders for some lads egos .. so whatever floats his boat. The problem with smugness is that there will already be someone more smug than him. A lad was telling me recently that he proudly sent a picture of his new Ford Ranger Wildtrak to a friend who immediately sent one back of his new Range Rover calling the Ranger 'a poor mans truck's.. back in box!!

To clarify, it was VW who cancelled the order, the salesman said that the cable housing (or something similar) is supplied from Ukraine and there are issues with that (understandable, and there are more important things than a cable housing at the moment, without getting political).

The impression I got is that any id3 not already built would likely be hit with lengthy delays.

It's a pity because I was really looking forward to the car, should have been built in December. Then got pushed out further and eventually VW pulled the plug on it (tried to sell me an Id4 but would have been spending more than Id3 Tour on a lower spec Id4).

Disappointed, but I'll shop around and find something else with a similar range and spec, I suppose.

Post edited by Fingleberries on

Sorry to hear that. It’s disappointing that VW can’t supply ID.3s they are a great car. Best car we have had I think and best to drive of anything we tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Porsche have stopped Taycan production as well. I'd imagine the El Born will only see a tiny amount of deliveries this year and feck all Enyaq.

VW are looking to source the parts from other suppliers but the lead time could be 6-12 months.

I'd say the stock of parts they have on hand will be used for higher margin MEB-based models - Id4, id5, Buzz, etc.

I have my eye on something else, though, don't want to jinx in case that doesn't work out too. The move to BEV is still on the cards... Hopefully.

Facebook is toxic that's why I've had nothing to do with it for years, getting rid of it was one of the best things I ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

VW have really be getting it tough lately, with Covid and now the Ukraine Invasion. Also the ship on fire/sinking.

This fella always gives VW and Tesla a hard time, sometimes Hyundai as well. (He drives a Kona EV himself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mpAVL1FSCw

Post edited by eagerv on

First high speed charge...

2 questions...

1 - remind me what the requirements are for anything close to the 150kW?

2 - if someone plugs into the chademo, WIll my charge reduce? Or am I OK since they can only take 50kW and my 80kW is still within the 150kW max?

*update, now at 75% and getting 55kW with a Leaf alongside. Not sure if the drop is due to the Leaf, or my increased SOC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You need to be below 15% and 20 or 30 something degrees on battery temperature.

The highest I ever saw on my ID3 was high 80s I think but I've done feck all public charging outside using up my free credit on local 50KW units.

Advertisement