Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

pdpmur wrote: »
    German prices and specs for ID.3 1st edition have apparently been published

Link grabbed from speakev: https://www.speakev.com/attachments/gemran_euro_id_pricing-jpeg.124222/

Only the €50k model gets a heat pump. I think that's definitely taking the michael!

What battery size will the car have at launch?

Edited to answer my own question: 45kWh

Not clear if that is the actual or the usable?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,167 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

liamog wrote: »
    Are many people cross-shopping a €78,500 sedan versus a €50,000 hatch?

Cross-shopping BIK, Free to drive the VW, €180pm to have the long range model 3. There's not a lot in it.

I really think VW have messed up by not giving people a choice of battery and launching a 1st edition that hasn't the range of it's competitors. There seems to be no bonus for getting a 1st edition. Pricing is all wrong. The mid and high spec are the price of a GTI and R.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's like comparing a BMW 3 Series and a VW Golf, yes the 3 series starts at €45,000 and you can spec up a Highline Diesel Golf to around the same number.
    Just because it's got an electric drivetrain doesn't make it any different from a normal car.

Prices are differentiated by marque and options. There is no such thing as one car to rule them all, it's a big market!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Cross-shopping BIK, Free to drive the VW, €180pm to have the long range model 3. There's not a lot in it.

I really think VW have messed up by not giving people a choice of battery and launching a 1st edition that hasn't the range of it's competitors. There seems to be no bonus for getting a 1st edition. Pricing is all wrong. The mid and high spec are the price of a GTI and R.

You've pretty much nailed it, the ID.3s competitors are the Niro/Kona/e208/Leaf where a 430km range is quite good. It's a compact family hatch with a strong set of options. Comparing a top-spec family hatch versus an entry-level luxury car is always going to lead to some trade-offs. Most people in the family hatch market are more interested in the utility of the vehicle than it's straight-line speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

I really think VW have messed up by not giving people a choice of battery and launching a 1st edition that hasn't the range of it's competitors. There seems to be no bonus for getting a 1st edition.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree. I cancelled my deposit for 3 reasons. One of those was no option to buy the 77kWh version from launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

What you going for instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

tw0nk wrote: »
    What you going for instead?
    I got a Kona instead. I seem to get the impression that it’s a hated car around these parts so I need to keep my head down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

tw0nk wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see it in the flesh on Wednesday and talk to the hopefully knowledgeable VW staff there but the more I learn the less I like, 99% sure I'll be triggering the refund option tomorrow.

I hope they're a bit more knowledgeable the VW dealers...the better half took our e-golf for a service today, they tried to charge her a lot more than usual (€190 vs €115); service person insisted it was for an oil change & filter...couldn't make it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

https://insideevs.com/news/383004/volkswagen-id3-cheaper-to-build-e-golf/

40% cheaper to build than e-golf.

They will make money on this car just by selling them.
    They will scoop up co2 offsets to allow them to sell their other ICE cars in Europe.
    It may be an unimpressive car from an car owner perspective but if it does what they expect it to do then it will secure the prosperity of VW in Europe for years to come.

There is an analyst I follow on Twitter. Reckons VW need 4% BEV in 2020 and 8% BEV in 2021. Mostly due to them using super credits in 2020.

https://twitter.com/auto_schmidt?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

embraer170 wrote:
    Edited to answer my own question: 45kWh

57kW net first. 45kW net and 75kW net come second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

glynf wrote: »
    I hope they're a bit more knowledgeable the VW dealers...the better half took our e-golf for a service today, they tried to charge her a lot more than usual (€190 vs €115); service person insisted it was for an oil change & filter...couldn't make it up :D

Sure they told me my poor heating was probably a faulty or stuck thermostat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    There is an analyst I follow on Twitter. Reckons VW need 4% BEV in 2020 and 8% BEV in 2021. Mostly due to them using super credits in 2020.

VW will need to sell every single BEV and PHEV they can manufacture to hit their emissions targets in 2020/2021. They'll be looking at large fines otherwise.

The optimist in me hopes that drives them to offer deals on them in the latter half of the year(and into 2021) when they know how sales are going and how far off target they are.... i.e. lower interest rates from VW finance and/or scrappage deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Add 4% then take off 10k of grants. Those prices aren't anything different to what we already know it was always sub 40 or 50.

What are they using instead of a heat pump, resistance heater, storage heater?

The really need to get a review of this car out there, I think there hiding it at this stage.

Is this correct <€50,000×1.04-€10,000=€42,000. Less than €42,000 for the top spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Is this correct <€50,000×1.04-€10,000=€42,000. Less than €42,000 for the top spec.

Add ab 7k of vrt on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Or is it this:
    German price (before incentives) €50k
    Less German VAT @ 19% -€42k
    Add Irish VAT @ 23% - €51.7k
    Add Irish VAT @ 14% -€58.9k
    Less €5k VRT rebate - €53.9k
    Less €5k SEAI grant - €48.9k
    Add import costs - say €1.5k

So price on the forecourt here would be about €50k too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Anyone else going to the Reveal event tonight at 6pm ??

There won't be 7k of VRT on top of the prices above, from what I understand those prices will be roughly the full price. Then take off your grants. So id top spec should come in around 40k here after grants. If it's 50 after grants they'll be lucky to sell 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Thanks, that makes more sense.
    There won't be 7k of VRT on top of the prices above, from what I understand those prices will be roughly the full price. Then take off your grants. So id top spec should come in around 40k here after grants. If it's 50 after grants they'll be lucky to sell 1.

Sorry replied to wrong post. I think vrt should be added as grant is only €5k, with vrt reduced by upto €5k. So if we are knocking off €10k, that should be the price including unreduced vrt. I could be wrong as I've only a passing knowledge.

The latest email from the vw was stating the ID 1st edition will start from <40k after all grants so our prices will be similar to german prices or higher because german prices are before their incentives

• Advertisement

Thanks, that makes more sense.

Sorry replied to wrong post. I think vrt should be added as grant is only €5k, with vrt reduced by upto €5k. So if we are knocking off €10k, that should be the price including unreduced vrt. I could be wrong as I've only a passing knowledge.

So yes, +7k on the top of 42k

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Don’t know how to link to it on my phone but someone has a photo of a slide from the Dublin presentation on the ID Europe pre bookers Facebook page with prices of <40, <45 and < 50 net of grants. Final price In February, orders March and April, delivery “summer”

Nicked from FB

Don’t know how to link to it on my phone but someone has a photo of a slide from the Dublin presentation on the ID Europe pre bookers Facebook page with prices of <40, <45 and < 50 net of grants. Final price In February, orders March and April, delivery “summer”

Looks consistent with what VW have been saying for a while.

50k Net, so 60k for the max before grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

Just one car here in weston, by the look of things so far. Thought we might get to see a few colours. Hidden under a cloth for now, so don't know what colour. Hopefully more hidden away somewhere else.. &#55358;&#56596;

50k Net, so 60k for the max before grants?

Yup. They have always said that the 1st edition starts from <€40k before incentives in Germany. That is about €38k here after grants and you work up from there to the max version.

Were you expecting the max for €40k net?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Lads, which one of you is the priest at the event? Vow of poverty is obviously more of a guideline than a rule.

There’s. A car under a drop cloth in the centre and four stands, Charging, pre booking, finance and product insights.

40,45 and 50 with grants is coming out exactly where I expected it to. Given they've been saying the first will be under 40 in Germany and the smaller battery will be under 30, I think the Irish pricing bodes well for the entry level small battery coming under 30k here.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    Yup. They have always said that the 1st edition starts from <€40k before incentives in Germany. That is about €38k here after grants and you work up from there to the max version.

Were you expecting the max for €40k net?

Yea now I'm expecting a model 3 long range, €1200 difference in the bik a year based on those prices. Tesla is a no brainer, still have my VW deposit down was expecting them to make the decision a little harder. Kia eSoul looks like a steal compared to this.

Advertisement