Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Wallbox have issued a new software version 5.11.14 which fixes the charging issue. Power boost is now can be turned back on. Hooray:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

The June price change now has a Tour and T5 at €50,023 & €46,293-

When are these price increases going to stop ? Maybe when all the well spec’d models are sold and they can focus on the not so equipped dx version at an eye watering €40,587… wasn’t the original life at 33k once upon a time ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

The fuel cost for my annual miles is about €1k, versus about €200 in electricity for similar miles in an EV.

putting the EV prices up this much makes it more likely that people will just sit tight and see where EV’s trash out once things like chip shortages end, even if that’s another year or two. we can’t avoid it forever of course, but the cost of doing nothing isn’t enough yet, even with €2.20 petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Can you adjust the rear wear seat belt indicator? I'd left my bag on the backseat and for some reason set it off today, thought it would switch off after a minute but just kept going and it seemed to turn of the console (just showing a clock) so I couldnt use the radio, it was fking annoying I actually had to pull in.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

ICE juice will be 3 euro by Xmas, plus fuel rationing

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I think sk8board has a point, I know two people who were considering a change to an id4 and id3, but knowing that

1. a T5 went up by over 5k in 12 months made it unaffordable- they had no interest in a 58kwh car.
    2. Poor spec’s on the id4 with the new entry dx and business model not qualifing for grant.

Its making more sense for them to stay loan free and spend a little more on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone wired an ID3 with a dual dash cam?

I can find details youtube vids showing how to do the front cam and wire it to the fuse, but I can't see anything for the rear cam.

I know these route past airbags etc so don't want to take any chances on dicking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I had it done, bit nervous doing it myself. Permanently wired in so would work if need be even when parked up.

Rear camera is powered from front camera.

Link to details..https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/115256360/#Comment_115256360

• Advertisement

Same - €150 professional install for front & back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ouch.

I'll keep looking for YouTube vids lol. Already ordered the bits and bobs for the fuse & usb connection. Just need to pick the route from front to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I fitted a front and rear Thinkware. Running the cable front to rear was easy enough.

The trim on the B and C pillars comes off easy enough and the one at the rear of the roof lining.

I have seen some videos showing them running the cable along the floor behind the sill trim but it must have been very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Whats the cheapest way to use ionity charger now? I saw somewhere that there are cheaper options than we charge?

Priced not to sell, obvious really, they want People to stop buying electrics + with the Gas situation Germany could find itself in some serious trouble, sanctions only end up hurting Europeans and it certainly is and the Winter could be a very bad one for many!

I left work Friday evening with 100% charge from Ballycoolen ind Est Dublin near the Airport, got home to Carlow, next day went to Rathwood and back around 40 Km round trip then a trip to the Airport this morning and back, total 301 Kms, car reported 21%, EVNotify said 26.6% remaining.

Apart from the 40 Kms to Rathwood and back the rest of the trip was done at legal limits or more.

I can get 85 Kms per 16-18% battery ( not driving easy or slow ) so I could have got around 380 (236 miles ) Kms at the speed I usually drive but at 100 km/hr I could see 400+ kms being achievable.

That was my furthest distance to travel so far in an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

It shows me €0.8 per kWh on plugshare. Doesn't feel cheaper to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

Collected my car yesterday 😀. Ordered end of July 2021

Well wear, love the colour.

Thought I was bad ordering Feb 21 collected Mid October !

I think those of us who have the cars are lucky because I think the parts shortage along with possibly devastating gas restrictions may mean new electrics will be much more difficult to get and new cars in general. I can't beging to think what will happen the German Auto Industry and industry in general if gas gets supplies dwindle further.

What version is it, battery ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

All ID 3’s, for all trims are 58kw usable battery, (204 hp & 145 hp variants) except the “Tour”, and “Tour 5”, which are both 77kw, and 204hp.

I don’t believe the smaller 45 kw battery was ever made available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Love the colour ! Which colour is that ?

It looks like a variant of the Makena Turquoise Metallic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Did a long run in France in the 58kWh ID.3. 550km from Roscoff to Bordeaux.

3 stops for quick (~15-20 mins) topups. Car was ready each time before we were and it charged at 101kW each time.

Used Ionity twice (WeCharge) and TotalEnergies once (plugsurfing).

what I was really pleased about was the kWh/100km figure…. 20kWh/100km… that was a fully loaded car (5 on board) plus a roof box and driving at legal limit on the motorway all the way.

I’ll post pics of Ionity Kergoet and Ionity Vendee (Edit: Cant seem to post the pics, maybe later.... tan to work on now!)

Kergoet was empty while I was there. Vendee was full but one left a minute after I arrived so no actual delay. Tesla SuC’s we’re busy too

Post edited by KCross on

My head would melt trying to figure out all the charge points in a foreign country + if they are available when we get there etc.

Though I was happy to see yesterday that I could get around 380 kms on a charge at legal limits in the Tour 5 or possibly at 100 Km/hr 450 +.

I reckon this time of year off the motorway at 14 Kwh/100 Kms the tour 5 could get 550 Kms on a charge or more realistically 500 kms or 341 miles before you'd need to be plugged in, I was easily able to achieve 14 Kwh/100 kms off the motorway the other day.

How do you fit a roof box to the id3 ?

That's about what I used to get most of the time non motorway in my old 58kWh. What's looking good though is that the winter range should be shortly much improved providing you don't want to be in a sauna..😁

Since I got 2.3 update I noticed much improved efficiency on shorter trips, I don't remember seeing the battery heater come on at all but will keep an eye on it in the cooler months.

I'd really like to see the option to pre heat for fast charging, I actually haven't fast charged since I got the 2.3 update to see if it made any difference.

I find the heat in electrics not accurate as in ICE cars, any ICE car with auto climate control I could set to 21 or 22 deg and it would be plenty warm in electrics I have to set it higher + electrics seem to blow out cold air once "warmed" up kind of counterintuitive really instead of just ramping down the fan, I hate the way it constantly blows cold air out the front vents, the I3 and Leaf were the same.

I had said a long time ago that I wouldn't expect existing cars to get 3.0 software in 2022, possibly end of 23 at the earliest and possibly never. So much for having a car with OTA update capabilities, VW have failed miserably but at the end of the say the car is performing well and I am quite happy with it and the range so there really isn't much to update, the only real update that would do wonders is allowing proper fast charge and decent charge curve even my old i3 could take full power all the way to 85% that was 2016 tech though a cold i3 battery could charge at as little as 22 Kw because as usual the battery couldn't be warmed up prior to fast charging which was another major reason I was delighted to have the Rex.

When you get the future big update isn't battery heating supposed to only start at 0c, compared to 8c atm? It would then rarely come on at all for me even in the colder weather, because I rarely used car early in morning when frosty. It should make winter driving a much better experience, similar to my Model 3, where the winter and summer difference is not that big. (especially on short trips).

My head would melt trying to figure out all the charge points in a foreign country + if they are available when we get there etc.

Ionity for the win. Nothing to figure out really as it’s a network you are already signed up to.

• Advertisement

I had said a long time ago that I wouldn't expect existing cars to get 3.0 software in 2022, possibly end of 23 at the earliest and possibly never.

2.4 is what you need, not 3.0, for the BMS fixes and timed charging

2.4 rollout is starting this month. VW have confirmed it via the owners group a few days ago.

Advertisement