Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

pdpmur wrote: »
    Absolutely. The smartest/luckiest companies set-up their schemes so that people can just roll over into a new PCP with the same make and new model without having to pay any additional deposit. No decision needed by the customer come the end of each PCP, just sign on the dotted line sir/madam and we'll have you on your way in your new car....

Yes indeed and if there is a deposit at the end it's usually paid for in the monthly payments and the GFMV calculated a bit lower.

However, I'm on my 2nd PCP and it worked out well because I had no intentions on keeping the 24 Kwh Leaf but I might just keep the i3 and finish paying for cars for a few years because apart from the id.3 there's nothing coming out that would interest me in the next year, I might get a 2nd hand model 3 in a few years.

But anyway, PCP has allowed me to think about it rather than be tied into a full 3-5 year loan, anyway I still have a year to think about it more.

L-M wrote: »
    The whole point of higher GMFV is so that you don’t have worry about equity at the end. With that new style they’re making the deposit a max of 10 percent (or as little as 0). That way you have little input, and no risk at the end of what equity you’re going to have.

Not a bad product in my eyes as it takes out any current PCP worries.

Yes it's all calculated to make it very attractive, any value over the GFMV is usually guaranteed but as I said not to be expected as I experienced with the Leaf 24 there was nothing over the GFMV in fact Nissan would have lost on it.

Any value over the GFMV is usually clever calculation by the dealer, the buyer pays more than the need to to get that deposit meaning, you get nothing for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The biggest battery car is a 4 seater. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

They ask to give feedback to your dealers so please do. Maybe we can change few things before it is to late. Specially everyone should critic the prices! Here is my feedback given:

Great looking car
    Lots of room inside. Boot could be bigger though.
    Like the idea of having just one vw card for charging anywhere
    Like the home charger and connectivity through app
    Like the Id finance plan (although no specifics off rate or final price)
    Like the setting up of a new energy company
    Did not like that u cannot change anything in the spec like wheel size or that u cannot to add something from higher grade
    Did not like that Heat pump is only on Max spec - should be standard on 1st edition same as in norway
    Did not like indicated prices 40k 45k 50k - it means prices before grants are are 50k, 55k and 60k for the car which according to vw boss should be 40% cheaper to manufacture than e golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

KCross wrote: »
    The VW finance options are interesting.

10% deposit and €409 x 36 + 50% GMFV with a 1.9% APR which is attractive.

So, lets say the cheapest one is €38k you could put in €3800 + €14724 for a total of €18524 over 3 years... €6174/yr
    And then of course decide if you want to buy out that 50% GMFV or not.

50% makes it very attractive

Very fair

That's all it will probably be worth after 3 years anyway

Kia,Hyundai, Nissan are a disgrace with 30% gmfv, taking no risk at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,167 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

50% of what? The price before or after grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

After grants price. The GMFV will also be based on what the car is actually sold for.

gmfv on pcp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Assuming that PCP monthly is 429, interest 1.9%, 10% initial deposit, 50% GMFV - then final price is just shy of 35500

September1 wrote: »
    Assuming that PCP monthly is 429, interest 1.9%, 10% initial deposit, 50% GMFV - then final price is just shy of 35500

I'm getting €38,250

GMFV €19,502

• Advertisement

September1 wrote: »

Those figures were completely indicative (Anyone at the event should of been told that):

Also for anyone who can’t attend the event the car will be on Granton street I believe Friday and Saturday (Locked)

There was also a comment on the interior quality, the car was pre production so again not the final product. Expect Golf quality interior on the final version.

L-M wrote: »
    The whole point of higher GMFV is so that you don’t have worry about equity at the end. With that new style they’re making the deposit a max of 10 percent (or as little as 0). That way you have little input, and no risk at the end of what equity you’re going to have.

Not a bad product in my eyes as it takes out any current PCP worries.

It makes alot of sense

Fair play to VW

Usually slate them here, but compared to Nissan etc it's a great deal

Nissan the thieves are offering scrappage on Leaf62

Sounds like a great deal at €34,000, but the bastards are doing 8.9% apr, Leaf will cost over €40,000 if you go with low deposit

VW option is very good at 429pm and works for the average driver, not crazy commuters in here

I have an old pre 08 car

I pay

20pm road tax
    200pm diesel
    100pm maintenance/pass nct every year

I'm guessing about 350pm to keep that car on the road

With €4000 and 79pm I can drive a 200bhp brand new EV and after 3 years, pay another €4000 and 79pm for a brand new model

Road tax, fuel, maintenance is practically free on a new EV, tyres and pads only expense

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I thought the car looked good in the flesh. The negatives were the boot seemed smaller than I expected, lots of legroom inside but a bit tight in width for 3 adults in the back. I wasn’t overly wowed by the hud. Nice to have but I can’t afford it and feel less bad after seeing it.

The driver arm rest seemed on the high side for a shorty like me. I forgot to check if it was adjustable. Apple CarPlay is the wireless version. Ports are usb c.

They were vague about delivery but when pushed said later summer, probably August.

The one charge card to rule them all seems like a gear idea. Stories of people on here with multiple accounts were getting confusing.

They mentioned they were looking into the possibility of pre bookers being able to test drive earlier in Germany. I’d go for that if they gave a cheap package.

On the I’d plan finance I get 429 x 36 = 15,444 plus 10% deposit of 4,000 plus gfmv of 20,000 adding up to 39,444 which looks about right. Using the same math gives 500 a month for the plus version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Yep and only top spec model comes with a heat pump!

I was there and told no version of the 1st that will be sold here will have a heat pump. And need to buy the 45k version to get a reversing camera, which might be needed with that rear window

Mr Q wrote: »
    I was there and told no version of the 1st that will be sold here will have a heat pump. And need to buy the 45k version to get a reversing camera, which might be needed with that rear window

Yes, heat pumps only included on the 1st edition in Germany, Nordics and other cold spots

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭zoom_cool

That's a joke no heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Yes, heat pumps only included on the 1st edition in Germany, Nordics and other cold spots

Will not having one affect the range here in the winter months? Most other evs come with them included as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

zoom_cool wrote: »
    That's a joke no heat pump.

At that price it is. And the VW guy tried to spin it in a way that we would have no use for it.

Nice car though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A small family hatch, costing €60k (before incentives) that costs 40% less to manufacture than a Golf (which will make it feel like an econobox) and it doesn't even have a heat pump?

unkel wrote: »
    A small family hatch, costing €60k (before incentives) that costs 40% less to manufacture than a Golf (which will make it feel like an econobox) and it doesn't even have a heat pump?

40% less than an eGolf

They probably lost money on that yoke

It was always going to be expensive, making EV's aint cheap

Even if VW are getting batteries at €100 a kWh at cell level, pack level is probably more like €125 in 2020

Battery alone on that 58kWh will be €7,500, another €7,500 or so for a 150kW PM motor, inverter, controller, charge port etc

What's does a 2.0tdi and a diesel tank cost them to produce €5000 tops?

€10,000 more expensive like for like and then the billions upon billions they have reinvested to tool plants etc, that's another €5000 added to each car

€15,000 like for like for difference now

We will have to get used to those mental prices or else bye bye autogiants, they'll all go bust

Change costs money, big money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Mike9832 wrote: »
    40% less than an eGolf

They probably lost money on that yoke

It was always going to be expensive, making EV's aint cheap

Even if VW are getting batteries at €100 a kWh at cell level, pack level is probably more like €125 in 2020

Battery alone on that 58kWh will be €7,500, another €7,500 or so for a 150kW PM motor, inverter, controller, charge port etc

What's does a 2.0tdi and a diesel tank cost them to produce €5000 tops?

€10,000 more expensive like for like and then the billions upon billions they have reinvested to tool plants etc, that's another €5000 added to each car

€15,000 like for like for difference now

We will have to get used to those mental prices or else bye bye autogiants, they'll all go bust

Change costs money, big money

Vw have managed to build new engines and cars over time most recently t cross and t roc which would of required new plants and tooling and didn't need 15k added to price or subsidies (paid for by taxes) to make them economic.

No need to make economic when the tax payer will bank roll the cars first 5k or more. Easy money for them.

Lantus wrote: »
    Vw have managed to build new engines and cars over time most recently t cross and t roc which would of required new plants and tooling and didn't need 15k added to price or subsidies (paid for by taxes) to make them economic.

No need to make economic when the tax payer will bank roll the cars first 5k or more. Easy money for them.

To be fair Troc is built off the platform of the Golf and the Tcross is built off the Polo, the engines in them are used across the entire Vw, Skoda Audi and Seat range.

The ID is a completely new set up from the ground up and using no common parts from the “bin”.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

This probably sums up the best how they are going to position the ID.3 in the market.

0uqXzH2.png?1

The comparison was a base level ID.3 1st vs a 1.0l Highline Petrol Golf with an auto DSG box. RRP €31,439
    Ignoring all the other TCO savings, they are basically using their financial arm to make a €40,000 ID.3 cost €30/month less than the €31,439 ICE. (Granted you'll need an extra €850 deposit.

liamog wrote: »
    This probably sums up the best how they are going to position the ID.3 in the market.

0uqXzH2.png?1

Bank of VW

Losing now but winning late :pac:

I wanna change

Shefwedfan for all his waffle was right

Bank of VW is the ace

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Bank of VW

Losing now but winning late :pac:

I wanna change

Shefwedfan for all his waffle was right

Bank of VW is the ace

That was always going to be their ace card. When Hyundai/Kia sell you a car they only make money on the purchase. BOI make the money on the finance. The pricing will suck for those who like to buy a car outright.

Between, finance, service plans (including consumables such as tyres), and public charging subscriptions, it seems they really want to take car ownership down to one monthly number. Heck, they're even going to get involved in home energy through their new subsidiary Elli.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The comparison was a base level ID.3 1st vs a 1.0l Highline Petrol Golf with an auto DSG box. RRP €31,439

Is the spec comparable? I haven't a clue, but traditionally the highline is the higher spec level in VW cars and we all know the spec of the base model first edition ID.3 is pretty poor

Also, the toll is only valid for someone commuting daily through a toll twice

And is the APR 1.8% on both cars? If so, how come the monthly payment is so much less for the ID.3 (which costs at least about €7k less, not more)? It must be that the GMFV on the Golf is really low compared to the ID.3?

Got to give it to them, that is a slick looking comparison :D

unkel wrote: »
    Is the spec comparable? I haven't a clue, but traditionally the highline is the higher spec level in VW cars and we all know the spec of the base model first edition ID.3 is pretty poor

Also, the toll is only valid for someone commuting daily through a toll twice

And is the APR 1.8% on both cars? If so, how come the monthly payment is so much less for the ID.3 (which costs at least about €7k less, not more)? It must be that the GMFV on the Golf is really low compared to the ID.3?

Got to give it to them, that is a slick looking comparison :D

I think it's mostly the new ID.Plan product they are playing with the GMFV. They want a max of 10% deposit and are setting the expectation that you'll either get 10% or nothing back. This is owning a car as a service.

As to comparing specs, most of the things missing from the ID.3 1st vs the ID.3 1st Plus (LED Lights, Rear View Camera) are optional extras even on the Highline Golf. Would def be interesting for someone to try and build a like for like spec.

The specs are close enough. 40k ID has a few more electronics. Highline golf has leather seats. The golf is a manual. Change that to a 2.0 diesel auto on the same spec and the golf price goes to over 38k so actually the ID 1st and similar spec diesel golf are pretty much in the same ballpark on list price.

The specs are close enough. 40k ID has a few more electronics. Highline golf has leather seats. The golf is a manual. Change that to a 2.0 diesel auto on the same spec and the golf price goes to over 38k so actually the ID 1st and similar spec diesel golf are pretty much in the same ballpark on list price.

The comparison they used for the 10% Deposit ID.Plan slide was a Highline Golf with the DSG 7-Speed Auto (according to the guy presenting to us), it's also 54hp less, but we will let that slide!

• Advertisement

The comparison they used for the 10% Deposit ID.Plan slide was a Highline Golf with the DSG 7-Speed Auto (according to the guy presenting to us), it's also 54hp less, but we will let that slide!

Yeah, I was at the 14:00 session and he said the same but I don’t see that option on the configurator.

I asked if non 1st edition pricing would be available before confirming an order and the guy said probably but wasn’t sure. Only 1st editions would be delivered in 2020. I’d be curious to know what they’ll charge for the power upgrade. I assume it’s just software. They mentioned that some options could be pay as you go, eg if you hadn’t the navigation option you could rent it for the weekend.

For the we charge plan they also mentioned options for pay as you go or subscription for heavier users.

Advertisement