Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

Hi Folks,

After 3 days of the car being offline, I decided to go ahead and pull fuse 19 (first time). Connectivity restored almost instantly, but unfortunately am now getting on the driver cockpit screen "Error airbag". This error doesn't show up on vehicle status in the main dashboard screen.

@Sam the Sham posted on this last March "My understanding is that the airbag warning light turns on if, when pulling fuse 19 or while it’s out of its socket, the car is on. This can happen if, for example, you sit in the driver’s seat. From reports in other ID forums, I gather that the only fix is to take it to the dealer. Doesn’t mean there isn’t another solution, but I haven’t seen it."

Naturally I'd like to avoid the dealer if possible. Has anyone come across a solution since?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Have pulled Fuse 19 multiple times, never had an "Air Bag Light" come on.

I presume you followed the proper instructions.

Exit car, fully power down, wait 10 mins at least..Open car do not sit on seat, Pull fuse, lock up again wait, 10 mins,

Open car, Stay off the seat, refit fuse, Lock up, wait 10 mins or more...

This is what work every time for me..Maybe go through that procedure and the light may go out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Just pull the fuse again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi

Happened to me - sat in drivers seat Eventually brought it to the garage. When they plugged in the diagnostic machine message /fault disappeared. Couple of minutes job.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Whatever the Germans did yesterday didn’t work. But they tried again today with success apparently. Got the call to say the car was done and 3.0 installed. Was too late for me tonight but hopefully I’ll collect and drive away to scheduled charging good times tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Good to hear. But no word on mine. Hopefully tomorrow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Anyone thinking of moving (or have done so already) from their ID3 to a Tesla 3? How would you compare them overall? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Moving from ID.3 1st to MY RWD. Even better value now with a 6k price drop on Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you had asked me three years ago I would have answered that the VW is a lot better built than the Tesla, but that isn't true anymore. The two are well made cars, but the Tesla has a far better UI (And I liked the VW compared with the Koreans).

Software, updates etc also far superior than VW.

Performance good on the two cars but Tesla has the edge, both on acceleration and road holding. Took me a while to get used to the single regen (Quite strong) on my Model 3, but now used to it. Loved the auto regen at the time with my ID.3.

The Tesla feels more premium inside, with more or less everything standard. App also better with more features. No need for dashcams, sentry is built in with new features in last update a few weeks ago. Space wise not a huge difference. Tesla wider but lower. Storage better in Tesla M3 but no hatchback.

I got great range in warmer months from my ID.3, but Tesla winter range would be similar, heat pump seems very effective and overall car is more aerodynamic. I drive my Tesla probably a little faster particularly on motorways, knowing that the range hit will not be as bad.

Both are great cars, really up to the individual. I was lucky when I sold my ID.3 last Feb, they were in great demand at the time. Car cost me nothing. Unfortunately cannot see that continuing.

Brilliant eagerv. Thanks so much for that. I’m thinking of the M3LR version but love my ID3. I need a test drive.

• Advertisement

The LR at €52972 is certainly better value after the price drop today, gets the grant now. But a lot of advantages also with the RWD 60kWh which I have. €44370 is a great price considering the range and equipment. We have solar, so often leave plugged in if at home during the longer days, the battery likes to be charged to 100% as often as you wish.

Apart from size is the battery different in terms of design/chemistry between the RWD and LR? Can you charge th LR battery to 100% all of time?

The Tesla LR uses traditional Chemistry similar to VW, the Tesla RWD uses LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate). The LFP batteries like to be charged to 100%, have almost zero fire risk, use no Cobalt, and are reputed to have a far longer life. However they are a little heavier and less energy dense, so are more suited to already efficient cars.

Probably not much range difference between a LR charged to 80% and a RWD charged to 100%.

I think it's more than 6K. Looks more like 9K.

Edit. You are probably right with the Y RWD. The 9K is for the Model 3.

Even more of a drop for the LR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm realllllllly tempted now that the M3 has dropped in price.

I wonder what my 212 Tour is worth these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

Keep us posted Phil! The Tesla prices are very tempting alright but I’m going to max out our 0% pcp before moving anywhere and it won’t be to Tesla unless they get rid of musk.

@DrPhilG I wonder what my 212 Tour is worth these days...

Unfortunately, less than 2 days ago. The Tesla massive price drop will have an effect on all new and secondhand prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I can't stand him either. I had to laugh when they got the guy to throw a metal ball at the window of the truck. He didn't even throw it hard and the window smashed. You'd think they would have tried it off camera first rather then testing it during a live event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I've 2 Continental EcoContact 6+ 215/50 R19 93T ContiSeal, tyres for a VW id3 in my shed.

Changed to a Niro so they're for sale.

One has ~3k/kms on it and the other is brand new. Never even seen a garage.

€150 the pair.

Based in east cork. Can deliver within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I've just put down a deposit on the M3LR after that price drop. Had no intention of changing the ID3 but it was too hard to resist.

Will wait to see about lead time, Jan to Mar in the order, so will start testing the water to get values for the Tour model. As rare enough spec so hopefully prices hold up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah if I only had a time machine I'd have flogged the ID3 6 months ago for €40k and drove a banger for a while.

Such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

Two questions.

Is there an issue with remote air conditioning since update 3.0? This morning was the first time I needed to use it since the update and it wouldn't send it to the car. Error message saying it can't connect to the car despite the fact that I can see the cars location in the app and also send it an eircode from the app. Also, on the app it keeps going back to "Lo" as can be seen on the capture below. This always worked fairly well well for me before this update.

Second problem is an issue with what sounds like distortion from the centre speaker behind the infotainment screen. My dealer is going to change the speaker but I'm not sure if this will fix it as it's not there all the time. When I start the car it will play fine and then after some time (varies from a few minutes to half an hour) it will start to sound distorted. If I stop the car and turn it off/on again, it plays fine for a minute or two. This is from any source and even on the beeps when pressing a button on the steering wheel. Has anybody else come across this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I have had no comms issues with v3.0. Remote a/c worked a treat this morning.

No issue with speakers either. It probably unrelated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

Thanks for the response. I know the issues are unrelated, I'm not going to get too caught up with the speaker issue until we see if the dealer changing it fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

I'm now on 3.0 but can't connect to the 'shop' in car. I get told to try again later but it never works. Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

My ac didn’t work this morning. On 2.4 here

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Had that after updating but tried it the next day in a location with better 4G and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

For those looking for a permanent Visible on screen Climate Control Tile.

Works a treat to see a visible climate screen to hand, instead of touching the "Climate" button and going through the menu's.

Done through the Tile EDIT feature.

Just edit any tile by touching the screen, edit Pencil pops up, with a list of available icons..Touch the "AC" icon, you now have permanent view of heated seats and all the Climate control features on 2 screens...On main tile ..Heated Seats..slide that tile to the left and the Climate feature's are there..I found it way better than the main Climate button that disappears after a few seconds

Can even adjust the fan by Number..Hope this helps someone as frustrated with the Climate system as I was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

Thanks - Afraid I didn't follow the correct instructions.

Just for reference for anybody else, I didn't have any luck clearing the error by redoing the correct steps, tried a few times. As per @J_R post looks like only a trip to the dealer and getting plugged in the diagnostic machine clears the error.

Advertisement