Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Car tells me I have good 4g, tried a few times in a few different places- no dice.

Tonight the infotainment screen just died. Refused to come on, black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭eagerv

Presume you tried long press on screen power button for about 10 secs? Iirc that solved it for me when same happened when I had the car.

i didn't but i will next time, thanks.

it was working this morning. and the car was automatically charged and warmed up which is really the big win from 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

Mine is offline again. Flippin pain in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

mine is online but it still won't activate remote climate control from the app, despite having done the following:

Uninstall/reinstall the app, delete the vehicle from the app, try another phone, reset the infotainment, reset all settings on the car. Very frustrating 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is the car showing as online in the infotainment? The globe icon is active and you have an upward facing arrow?

Do you have green light on the roof next to the SOS button?

Did you try pulling the fuse to reset the comms?

Note, its still working ok for me so its not a general problem.

Yes to all above. Strange that everything ekes in the app is working except fir the the remote climate control. I had to pull fuse 19 after the 3.0 update as it has lost connection to the app completely. I'll try it again now and if that doesn't work, I'll contact VW.

An email to vw and the shop now loads and everything now ‘purchased’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Any word of when v3.0 being in the 'wild' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Id3 trying to be a cupra born.got a great deal on the wheels,mirror caps are eBay specials courtesy of one to many battles with rural roads.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

New pricing & 3 variants added, on Vw Ireland website, back to 4 models, and oddly, the Tour 4, is the only 77kw option:

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/my23/ID.3_MY23.pdf

Not even tinted rear windows for nearly 50k. They can keep them

You can buy a Model 3 cheaper than a base ID.3 58kWh. And a 4 WD LR cheaper than a Tour. What are VW thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

facelifted id3.

Not much of an update, spoke with the dealer yesterday minor improvements to the interior, slightly different front bumper and the black on the bonnet Is being removed. All for a reasonable 43k, should be available in the summer

It’s off the wall. It really is. Nearly 60k for a tour before subsidies taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

It'll stop the dealers using the "Tesla factor " to reduce trade-in and other quotes on 2nd hand cars though.

I'll be selling my 1st Plus edition shortly, so that might keep the market at a decent level.

I don’t know. I think VW are sending a lot of business Tesla’s way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The €48K above is before grant so probably need to knock €5K off it. Still a €10K increase on what we paid for our First Editions.

Yes, I added the delivery and took off the grant, but just roughly in my head.

I love the ID.3. one of the best in its class imo, but VW and others will have to be realistic with prices to remain competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Well I for sure won't be buying another one,mg4,ioniq5,E Megane clear winners

Yes the new pricing has moved it into the class above such as Ioniq 5. Still prefer the ID.3 to the other similar sized cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

At last, garage finally managed to update my ID3 to 3.0.0, Software 363. (Three weeks)

Now only problem, can sign in to the car but app says limited service and "I am not connected to the car". Changed pin on VW website, removed re-installed app all to no avail. ??? Any advice welcome

Nothing else out there really appeals to me yet. Could end up holding on to the tour next year.

Imo there is nothing better in class, but a pity VW made such a clusterxxxx of the software. In fairness though I never had any real problems. Looks like winter efficiency is better now that the battery heating isn't coming on at 8c or whatever, my only minor bug bear when I had mine.

Would be interesting if you gave a Model Y a run sometime, just for comparison..

Oh I’m sure I’d love the teslas. I have sat in a model 3 but didn’t drive it

the space and supercharging are definitely something we could do with for upcoming trip to France.

we will see what’s available to order this time next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

They are selling them new for €42,162, for a new ID3 Life, so, if i’m understanding correctly, that would mean there is an additional €2,183 to come off for VRT relief, which reduces, gradually, as the OMSP increases, between 40k & 50k.

eg: ID3 Life:

-5,000 SEAI Grant

-2,183 VRT Relief

= 42,162 on the road

and thats before metallic added.

It also looks like it will be 4th quarter for deliveries, but, will be the new revised facelifted version:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Quite the jump in the Tour pricing which I assume looses the grant after adding delivery or maybe they drop the service part to bring it below the 60K.

Waiting on our dealer getting back with a price for ours as we have an deposit down on an M3, will be interesting given the price of the new one.

Not fully decided what to do as we really like the ID3 which has been faultless for us and is a great handling car all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Why does there seem to be an increase in the amount of hate towards the ID.3?

I know people have always had issues but now the Model 3 got a price cut all people are doing is bitching more even though they liked the ID.3 enough to order one instead of a Kona or a Leaf at the time. Lots of regret now yet everyone would have put thought into buying a €40k+ car.

You can't be mad that the ID.3 was the best option at the time and now a year or two later prices have changed and the Model 3 is now the more appealing option. Wait for your PCP to be up and your next one will be a Model 3 or if it's that bad, trade it in and get a Model 3 now.

I don't like the ID.3 or Model 3 so I don't particularly care about which one people prefer. It's just exhausting seeing this sudden buyers remorse for a car that served most people's needs up until now...

• Advertisement

Where are you seeing that? Absolutely no buyers remorse with us?

Advertisement