Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

On our first long road trip in the ID.3. 18 months later! We are in Dingle - came down yesterday and back home today. ABRP recommended charging in Tralee on way and limerick on way back. So far so good. 65% on battery at present.

All went smoothly yesterday. Charged in Limerick on ballysimon road on way back. Had a ten minute wait to get on the high powered charger.

first time really using the charging infrastructure and have to agree that it’s a bit pathetic at present. Hopefully things will improve rapidly this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

The outer front sensors on my id3 seems to have stopped working. Anybody else have this problem. Due shortly for first service and have it checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

I just traded my 212 ID.3 Life with 63,000km for an ID.4 Life 77kWh 174hp. I thought people might be interested in the kind of prices I got. My car is in mint condition and I also put alloys and tint on the rear windows (no added value, but perhaps more salable for dealer.) I paid €33,000 for it. The price of the ID.4 was quoted as being 52k in the three dealers I tried. Prices to change were €25,000 €23,500 and €20,800. Even at the €20,800, I wouldn't say I got any kind of a brilliant deal getting €31,200 for my own. New ID.3 is 42k so that would be €5,400 per year to change like for like. But hey, the ID.4 is a great upgrade and you only live once.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Can you query the ID3 as to energy usage over time?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Have put my car on Done Deal and Adverts.ie. I'll see how it goes over the next while.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-id3-1st-plus/33317285

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I've a half eating mars bar and a xbox. Swap with money my way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 midispud

Any recommendations on where to take this and how much it might cost to get it repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭eltoastero

Unlucky with the damage. I've been to Car Cosmetix (Sandyford) twice in the past. High quality work and the owner (Johnny) is a fine fella to deal with.

They'll give you a quote if you send them some pictures and (honest) details about the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What did you hit or what hit you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 midispud

Steering around the back of a pickup truck without seeing that the tailgate had been left down and jutting out, which then caught the side of the car.

Got a quote for about €2200 for repairs.

In nearly 20 years of driving I've never actually had any kind of collision before so this is new to me. I'm assuming it's not worth going through insurance? If that's even possible since the collision wasn't reported - there was zero damage on the other vehicle which also belongs to us and it happened on our property.

As the damage is entirely cosmetic (no issue with the door handle or locks or anything) we've no problem continuing to drive it as is, but were aiming to sell / trade in the car towards the end of this year. Is it usually better to pay to repair the car first or sell it with a discount for the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd definitely repair it before selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I'd definitely get it repaired. Would absolutely kill me driving a car with any damage even if it was a 1000 Euro runabout, and definitely not a nice car like an ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi all. 202 ID.3 1st edition. 12,000km on clock. Planning a road trip to France for the Rugby World Cup in September. A little bit nervous about charging...

Although I've read that the French EV infrastructure is broadly pretty strong.

Has anyone brought their car over to France and could share their experience? Was it manageable? Stressful? What apps are recommended for journey planning your charging stops? Any tips most welcome! We will have a 18 month old with us, which will add another layer of stress...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Here ya go! Same car as you plus I had a roof box on it!

Where exactly are you travelling to.... city/town etc?

What roof box did you use?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Isn’t it typical, my ID.3 is going Friday so today I started cleaning out my stuff and factory reset the infotainment system and now I’m getting two errors. First is dynamic cornering light error is popping up on the small screen and fault light assist when I go to use dynamic light (I have matrix headlights)

Anyone come across these before? I’m trading back to a main dealer and not sure to ring them or the main dealer I bought it from to get it sorted before it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

If it's still under warranty, the dealer shouldn't care. Different I suppose if selling privately.

True. Not sure if it matters but I done the first reset when I was driving. Done another one there now so will drive it and see does that make a difference. Hardly anything to do with the reset but we’ll se.

There’s gonna be no one left here!

not too many buying new ones right now either.

• Advertisement

Over the last month I was in 4 main dealers and only one of them had a new one for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Wow, an insanely detailed breakdown. Thank you so much! Will study this closely and plan accordingly...

We are getting the ferry over, and driving to Paris. Haven't planned much else yet, but this will be a huge help - thanks again for sharing. Looks like all I need to do is register for a couple of cards and verify stops on the way.

Be careful on your route if you come across chargers that have a QR code, I read about this scam on Facebook.

We are taking ours to Dordogne. And I’d say a good few families will be taking EVs to France this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Bye bye ID.3, it was a pleasure driving but moving up to a more advanced car without crap dealers and proper OTA software updates. Def the last new VW I ever bought.

Sold it for 29k so only 14% deprecation over 2.5y and 45k km.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yes, but not a VW one. Wouldn't sell it to them for the same price. Had enough of VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck. Last year the prices were stronger for VW but we weren’t able to avail of the big price drop if changing to Tesla.

You will love the Tesla. Never need to think about charging. Just got the latest ota update and I am in SE Asia for the next few weeks😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Sold it for 29k so only 14% deprecation over 2.5y and 45k km

There's not alot to complain about that! 😀

I know you had issues with a bad battery module though, which was a struggle to get them to believe but they did eventually. Good luck with the new motor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Advertisement