Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭fits

I posted an update from vw in ID.3 thread yesterday.

they will restart rollout in April it seems or at least tell us the plan.

mine is on 2.4 since November but didn’t request 3.0. Don’t want my car bricked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

Usable battery is probably around 52kWh so 400km range would be 13kWh/100km which I've never quite seen. I was getting 18.5kWh/100km in the current type of weather doing similar driving to @jogdish. That was giving a range of 280km. In the sub zero temps we got a few days over the winter, I calculated to be only getting 200-220km range. I think the best I ever got, driving to Dublin from Thurles at 110km/h on motorway last July at 30 degrees temps was 14kWh/100km which is about 370km range. That wasn't in my own ID.3, but a loaner from the garage which was brand new and only 145bhp. The lower BHP is not supposed to make any difference to range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

I checked this out.

The €9,110 discount is totally misleading, as its actually only 3k discount. Frank Keane are including both the 5k SEAI grant, and the VRT reduction, in the 9,110 discount.

Other VW main dealers(such as Newmarket VW) are also doing the 3k discount to 40k, for an ID3 Life DX, but they are advertising it transparently, as a 3 k price reduction.

When Frank Keane rang me, i quizzed the discount, and when they revealed the details, i told them it was totally misleading advertising, saying it was €9,110, when in reality, it was just a 3 k discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭n.d.os

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

And the 3k discount is not available if you take the 1.9% PCP that they are offering. So that must be a cash price discount.

Included in the total saving of €9,110 is a discount of €3,000 which is only available if 1.9% finance option is not being availed of.

• Advertisement

Yes, sounds correct. when i was asked, i said only interested in Cash, not PCP.

Always a cost of finance, built in somewhere. I forgot to ask if these cars, had v3 software preinstalled !

Just checking up on the new facelifted ID3, and maybe this was known already, but Right Hand Drive versions, are not getting the new larger 12” screen, just like the Megane E-Tech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

ID.3 1st and still on 2.4. Had the 12v battery fitted at the start of December.

If they would just fix the charging times setting on the car I would be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

1.9% without a €3k discount is around €1,000 cheaper than the car with a €3k discount at 7.9%, if they're using the same rate as new cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭n.d.os

A colleague saw WAREHOUSE SALE and ran into my office shouting deal and ready to trade in his 6-month-old car. I'm sure they will sell plenty of VW's this weekend. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I can confirm the charging timers are partly fixed in 3.0

The timers work, but every time you stop you need to set the charging mode and at times the car will reset to charge immediately 🙄

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Best tyres for ID3? Had bridgestones when new. Careful driver but poor mileage. Ideas?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭eagerv

Goodyear also standard when new, seem to last a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Quick question re: service schedule. I bought my ID3 on PCP in July 2021. It’s started flashing me an alert to say that an inspection is now due (I ignored it for a few weeks). Do I have to get it inspected now, or am I right in thinking it’s a service after 2 years - ie June/July this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

I'm guessing it's counting down from the day it had delivery mode turned off,so the "discrepancy",is the time it spent sitting around at the dealers when new.

Personally 8d take it in now give them one less excuse if you should ever need a warranty job

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭fits

Behind a paywall.

interesting article all the same. I didn’t know the CEO of VW lived in Wicklow

VW chief Thomas Schäfer: ‘Ireland is becoming strongly electrified’

https://www.irishtimes.com/motors/2023/03/29/vw-chief-thomas-schafer-ireland-is-becoming-strongly-electrified/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Interesting alright. You'd think the Germans would want him to be in Germany.

Closing comment is also a confirmation of how car manufacturers are thinking at the moment... its what we already knew but when the CEO says it...

“If we don’t earn money then we can’t invest in the future, so that’s why, at the moment, we’re trying to sell cars as well equipped as they possibly can be,” says Schäfer. “As soon as that stabilises, and you can see the market coming down, in the chip market and so on, then we can also offer entry-level models.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I have one of 1st ID.3's from 2020 and today I noticed in app that door is being reported as open. Is this some kind of new feature of software 3.0 or I just missed it for over two years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Indeed a feature of 3.0 software. you can also see whether the car is locked and whether there are any open windows/doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

To the lady in the lovely black ID5 this morning at Circle K mullamuprhy, you need to be charging to use the charging spot, and when you see another driver (me in an id3) looking and pacing around it might be polite to let them know you are not charging. Got the lower voltage charger then wactehd the car pull away without anyone unplugging anything - i.e definitly not plugged in the 30min i was there. Sorry for the rant, was my first time seeing an ID5 - honestly not sure why you would get it over an ID4, still nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

was my first time seeing an ID5 - honestly not sure why you would get it over an ID4, still nice car

Agree

need to charge and keep seeing 300kwh Porsche dealer chargers, are these legit? Sepcificall the one near belfast port if anyone has any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Hi to all ID3 owners, has been a pleasure to be part of the Fam.. Have decided to move on, and have now taken

Delivery of this Stunning Cupra Born.

Migrated from the VW ID3 Life Pro 58kw.

This is streets ahead of the ID3 both Exterior and Interior wise.

The build quality is superb, and Yes you just put up with the Software and feeling like Woody Woodpecker delving through menu's and sub menu's to get

the right setting for everyday use. It does feel a lot more responsive, and not at all laggy

Driving is totally different and put's a smile on your face when you floor that pedal, very responsive.

Coming from the ID3 basic, I now have lots of bells and whistles, 360 degree cameras, Park assist, Lane assist, Blind spot monitoring, and a whole lot

more, still experimenting.

The Colour in my opinion, has a mind of it's own..Nice and sunny on sat showed the car as Vivid Blue, as the clouds covered the Sun the Colour changed to almost Pearlesent green. Maybe I now need Glasses, but definitely does look different in Bright Sunlight.

So thanks to all that have answered the silly and mundane questions that New ID3 Drivers have asked, and if I can be of the same assistance with the Cupra Born, by all means feel free to post over on the Cupra Born Platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Pity about your boards name now though! 😀

Hello,

So first big big trip, thought I would share some thoughts. Im a 58kwhr, UK trip, in total from home back to home was 1550km, with 27hrs of driving with an average of 16.5kwhr/100km, outside temp was 7.5C ish most of time, dry for the most part. The car held up amazing, sat nav was excellent and such a help with getting into lane on big big roads and junctions. The extra weight in the car seemed to make little to no range difference I could notice.

The charging infrastructure, so Ionity had my back and bar once of needing to wait it did its job for me. One Ionity would not start via my VW app, thankfully worked via my VW card. The other chargers were kind of a mixed bag:

Charge place Scotland (AC) - rubbish app, that needs a DD mandate not a CC, then a phone call to authorise it then a charger that took 40min of me on the phone and the guy turning it on/off remotely. Then the app refused to update, phone call to turn it off. Rubbish app, the one other time I used it, it worked but usual force quit app start again for some unknown reason.

Shell/ Gridserve(50kw DC) - excellent, tap your own contactless card (debit.credit) and take the charger and charge, zero app need, i.e the way it needs to be.

ESB (50kw for mine) - Pretty good, bar the ohh three cables ohh only one really, one is High the other is Fast (naming)

Ionity (100+) - Excellent, easy to use maneuver cables, weird in that the VW app would not start it but the VW card did, had issues vice versa beforebut worked without needing assistance.

If it was not for the waiting, things were fine, but it being my first big trip and being new to many places I no doubt over spend on Ionity and over charged, car gave me 360km at 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Posting here as it's a larger thread, just wanted to mention I'm quite happy with the efficiency of my Born. I still see a good few complaints online about efficiency being poor, even those on newer software with less aggressive battery heating. So far at 15.5kWh/100km over 396km for the month. Getting 14.5-15kWh driving up and down the M50 at 100kph, driving normally, AC on, plenty of overtaking, normal drive profile in D mode.

Getting 12.2 and 12.4kwh/100km driving home from work the last two days. Of course that's in the dry and there's a small hill to help so it's not an indication of overall efficiency just noticing a big improvement as the temperatures gradually change, 14.5kWh this morning with the seat/steering wheel heating on as it was 6-8C.

My worst month was December at 20kWh average. That included a lot of 120kph driving in -2 to 4C weather, cabin at 20C with seat/steering wheel heating and passengers, once off the motorway those trips quickly went down to 18-19kWh. The average was higher as my backroad commute has very little regen braking so I struggled to get less than 20-21kWh/100km in sub zero temps but overall reasonable efficiency.

Everyone's driving is different but with how many people I see getting mediocre efficiency I'm surprised at how efficient the car has been for me with my mixed driving. Again, doing absolutely nothing to drive like miss daisy or conserve battery. None of this driving below the speed limit with the fans off fogging up the windows nonsense. Genuinely thought I'd be lucky to get 15-16kWh at best in Summer but it looks like it should continue to improve over the next few months.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, I was very happy with my previous ID.3, still have a soft spot for the car, my first EV (Though second in the house). Regularly saw 11 to 12kWh/100km on my slower roads 90km commutes home to home. It is at 120kmh where it looses a bit on efficiency due to its' shape.

Advertisement