Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Fcukin' hell, they're crazy figures 😱😱

Me thinks I'll be paying off the aul Superb next year🫣

Or getting a Tesla....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Is a crazy price now when looking at the competition. It is a great car and we really enjoy driving it but they really need to look at the pricing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

I traded in my ID3 Life Pro 58kw..Basic model, no bells and whistles..2021, august....

Bought a Cupra Born..Got a trade in of..30,500 for my car..Considering I paid 33,000 , I think I done pretty good.

Felt like Right Time to change, Considering the Rumples about the Grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

They were really having a laugh with the trade in we were offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

60k for a Golf Estate, don't know what to say.

Yeah the Tesla looks good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You may change your username 😊

They didn't kill themselves with their trade in offer, how much are 212 cars selling for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

You'd want to be getting at least €40K for it, but saying that, a new Tour makes no sense now when you can get a 77kWh ID.4 Life for €52k. That's the 174bhp model though, with no reversing camera.

Post edited by Comer1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

so its essentially the end of April, did VW promise an 'update' on 2.4 -> 3.0 during april ? I think it was mentioned on the FB group (im not on FB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

could they not send out USB sticks with the update on it. Plug it in and leave it over night

• Advertisement

@hold my beer Where is this on a webpage, I can't seem to see it under faq

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

Got this from VW following email query...

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services and for your inquiry regarding the software version 3.0 for your Volkswagen ID.3.

Currently we are still in the process of rollout of the ID. software 3.0, and unfortunately, we do not have any specific information as to when the Over-The-Air (OTA) update 3.0 will be available for your Volkswagen ID.3.

Please note that your vehicle will notify you in the infotainment system when the download is available. Meanwhile we kindly ask for your patience and understanding.

@Gal22 Thanks, well today is the last working day of April and no word yet? anyone here seeing any questions asked on the FB group re the no April information update?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Back to the workshop. Looks like they’ve given up on OTA for the earlier cars

Dear all,

As announced on March 27th, we are coming back with the latest news regarding the upcoming software updates for your ID.

After analyzing the technical circumstances and the general feedback from our customers, especially here in the ID. Drivers Club, we have come to the following decision:

1. All vehicles with a software version OLDER than ID. software 3.x will be invited to receive an update in the workshop. Those affected will be contacted by their service partners to make an appointment.

Please understand that we will be updating a large number of vehicles and that the scheduling of appointments depends primarily on the capacities of the individual service partners. Therefore, it can take several weeks. However, you will then receive the latest available ID. software version 3.2.

Please keep in mind that WITHOUT an appointment, your service partner may reject your request to install the update. Please save yourself the effort and wait for your service partner to contact you, which should happen soon.

2. We will also update vehicles with ID. software 3.0 or NEWER. Our goal is always to bring your vehicles up to the latest software level as quickly as possible so that you can benefit from the many new features. Therefore, it only makes sense for us to prioritize those who are still on version 2.x.

Besides the already known features of ID. software 3.0, you can expect the following new features and improvements with the new ID. software 3.2:

• Plug & Charge

• Improved route planning and calculation + full route import from the app

• Display of charging power [kW] in the infotainment screen

• Vehicle health report in the app

• Various improvements in stability and performance

Best regards,

Your ID. Drivers Club Team

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I found the link below on a German forum. If I enter my vin it tells me I’m part of the 3.2 campaign. Looks like I’m also part of the battery module recall :-(

My car was in the first batch delivered in September 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Thanks for that - entering my VIN also tells me i'm part of the battery module recall.

Has anyone had experience of this in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Just checked mine and it also mentions a battery module. September 2020 car also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I have completed 93P7 last year and this page still shows it outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

And was it many modules or did they tell you? I have only had the 12v battery replaced, unless they did other work and did not say.

It was one module, but it was a much larger job than 12v/2.4 upgrade. Garage needs to have technician certified for high voltage work and some dedicated tooling. Smaller dealers might not be able to handle this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm down for that battery module too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I see I’m on the list too. What does the recall cover?

and why are we not been notified?

just off the phone to VW Wicklow. They says the updates are not ready for another 2 weeks. They have to reschedule everything they have booked in and gave me a date towards the end of June to get the upgrade.

I’m to drop in next week and they’ll check the battery module and if needed they’ll order it and have it done with the upgrade

i tried FK, they have no details on the software update. And for the battery it takes 3 days. They only have 1 guy in the group who can do it and can only do 1 a week. She said they basically replace the battery. 😂😂

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Joe Duffy told me something similar in February. Said they would need the car for a week. Someone else's problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

Holy crap! 😳

don’t have our vin to hand. Has anyone checked and not down for battery recall?

Login to the VW site and you’ll get the VIN

It took them weeks, because they were struggling to get tooling from VW. There must be some work being done on the traction battery to replace this module.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I wonder is that recall just a recall to check the modules rather than "they all have a known problem and the battery needs to be opened up".

I think they will just put diagnostics on it, check if the battery is healthy, and if it is the recall is done.

@Rusky rusky had modules replaced on his but it was obvious in his case as he had really poor range and there were dramatic drops in state of charge etc.

If you are getting the same range from your car today as you did in 2020 I'd say there will be no module replacement, but every car in 2020 probably has to be checked at its next service interval which is why they all show up as requiring the recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

If you calculate the battery capacity from the distance travelled and consumption and you get a figure of ab 44kWh - you'll def have 1-2 modules to be replaced. Last September VW announced that ab 10000 ID cars have faulty battery modules. Mine was one of them but I got my dealer to check the battery before the campaign was announced. I moaned in here for almost 2y that smth was amiss with my battery and thanks to @KCross I was able to prove it. Likely it's now someone else's problem. I get to use the full available battery capacity with amazing efficiency in the new EV:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tom0

Collecting mine on Tuesday, Life DX at 1.9%. As far as I’m aware. Yesterday was the last day at 1.9 but they keep pushing it back. Might go to end of May now as they want rid of this model

Advertisement