Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

VW were offering me 32 and 32.4. But couldn’t face a lower spec Id.4 with the price they are asking plus interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

30k from VW 200hp 2021 id3 life against a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Autobuy offered between 21.5 and 23k for my 1st (base version) with 65k on it. There are at least 2 on Donedeal for the same price as when new in 2020, with more mileage than mine. They will be there for a while.

All the VW price increases have reduced the depreciation on my version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dropped off today. Driving this for a day or so.

Anybody pulled the trigger on a facelift car yet ?

• Advertisement

Lol just got my trade in valuation from Tesla,well you have to really don't you ?

I think I'll take the 30k off if Mr VW......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

21 58kwh life 205hp 51000km

PS also just committed to a facelift one,zero options moonstone grey

July delivery supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cost to upgrade....nothing my new pcp terms are within a fiver of my existing ones.unless you want to call the interest I'll be paying this time around a cost?.

I was one of the lucky ones who got the 0% PCP back when the cars were also cheaper.

Lol, of course the interest is a cost. You had none on the original car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭sk8board

Was about to say the same thing. How can interest not be a cost …

my neighbour paid €65k for a model 3 LR in Jan 2022, and almost €5k more on finance over 5yrs.

In other words, it’s a €70k car.

we’ve had 0% vw PCPs for years now on Golf’s, probably this current MK8 which ends early next year will be the last - meaning the interest costs of changing is a big factor in what we choose next.

I guess what I'm trying to say is cost to change won't be apparent until I change the new one again and see how much of the interest charge I "recover" at the end that time around it probably won't be nett zero and I may have to put some cash back in at the start of the following PCP.

But who knows,by then the ev.2nd hand market may have actually established itself somewhat,and the Chinese effect may have kicked in propper,and 2nd hand model three prices may have adjusted to reflect the price cut.

It's all crystalball S@#1te.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I had an email yesterday from the sales department in Joe Duffy Airside, to say that if I'm interested in changing my ID3 they are doing 0% pcp on the current model until they are all gone.

Had a rant at him about the treatment I got from the service department and sent him a picture of my Tesla. 😁😁.

GFYJD

Love it ,that's my kinda style dunno what all the legacy car makers will do when everyone invetibilly ends up with a Tesla like business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭sk8board

I think they’ll all do just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kelvin64

Dropped my car off on Monday to have the 3.2 software update and the battery recall sorted - They gave me an ID.4 to drive at no cost.

Car was ready to be collected 24 Hours later.

3.2 is great, I finally have the features that should have been there on day one:

• App has more functionality:
      • I can see if it's locked from App
      • Location of the car is saved on the map (When parked).
      • Vehicle health (odometer, next service health of major components).
      • Plug and charge setup looks be all ready (Didn't get a chance to test yet)
    • Battery percentage in instrument cluster is there permanently
    • Consumption in instrument cluster
    • App Store with Games - None of them any good 😂
    • You do need to install other stuff from the store for all the new functionality to work in your App
    • User profiles
    • Location functionality looks like it's working again (At least they stay put now)

Finally, my comfort model got a free upgrade to dual zone Air con 😀

^ nice one. We should book ours in.

• Advertisement

@kelvin64

Where do you get the extra stuff for the app?

I dropped mine off Monday morning. Yesterday afternoon it wasn't sorted yet, so I held off til today to collect. Haven't heard a peep today either and the app still looks the same.

Plus they said they'd charge it once the updating was complete but it's still showing as 43% so they either haven't finished or they haven't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Where do you get the extra stuff for the app?

Most of the items kelvin mentions were part of the 3.0 update last year. All you need is to be on the latest app version and you need to install a few apps in the car infotainment itself... then you'll see the detail in the app.

e.g. There is a lock icon at the top (above the car pic) which tells you if the car is locked or not. If you click the car on the map/navigation part of the app it will show you the "last parking position".

I think you'll need to get the car back and install the apps in the car before some of this activates for you.

The extra big ticket items that are in 3.2 (vs 3.0) is plug 'n charge and the boost in charge speed to 125kW (135kW for the Tour).

Just booked my car in!

I was getting 124 kw charging on Ionity last week. Warm weather and low SOC helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

@kelvin64 great news, would it be ok to ask to check the following :

1) Timed charging working ?

2) Battery pre heat from mains before departure ?

Im guessing neither are easy to check unless you have some dongle hardware access but can't seem to see anything online. Mine is mid june.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

So you didn't have to put any money in, monthly payments are the same, what's the settlement figure? Is that the same as it was in the old PCP agreement? What apr are you paying now?

Here's my deal in round figures.

Paid 35700 for car

Put in 8k start of pcp

Got 30k for car

Paid off 21k owed.

New car 39k

Put in 9k " equity" from old car

Monthly payments the same

20k left at the end ie 15k +5k interest

The 5k is the difference to the original deal,and the reason I'll almost certainly have to put in some cash again next time around

P.s. Apr is I think 6.9 which is irrelevant really considering the rest of the deal and pretty much everyone else relevent is the same or highter

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

3.2 installed. All good so far! Enjoying the extra info on displays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

So, if ordering now for July delivery is that still on the €5K grant?

Advertisement