Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,

Can any of you explain in simple terms what effect 145HP versus 204HP would have on day to day running of the ID3? Contemplating buying a 2022 model, 145HP.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Appreciably better mid range acceleration,no range penalties whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

That’s what I was hoping! Thanks so much @adunis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Perhaps someone else could confirm, but does the higher power motor allow for greater re gen ability before needing to use brake pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Anyone know what this is “outer ambient lighting (variant 3)” on the id3?

• Advertisement

There's only two variants either the basic led lights front and back with the eyebrow DRLs.

Or

Full matrix led lights/taillights with the full length light bar DRLs what car is it ?

Thanks for reply. It’s the facelift pro, I added the matrix lights as an extra the “outer ambient lighting variant 3” comes with that added package. The dealer didn’t know and thought it maybe the lights on the door handles. Just wondered did anyone know on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

There is a recall on 2021 factory fitted Goodyear tyres. We had a blowout when inner wall failed last September. Paid for two new tyres

https://www.id3forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2950

Just coming back to this.

there is a recall on factory fitted Goodyear tyres. It appears there have been several reports of the inner sidewall failing. This happened us last October when we had a blowout and we were asked to pay for two new tyres.

potentially serious safety issue so do check to see if your car is affected.

we were lucky not to be travelling at full speed when it happened but had a nasty 90 minute wait with two five year olds behind the barrier in wet grass until we were rescued.

• Advertisement

I replaced all 4 Goodyears for Michelin after about 10k as I found the grip dreadful on them in the wet. The Michelin are a vastly better in my experience. Fingers crossed the new one doesn’t come with Goodyears!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Seriously dangerous looking failure for a top brand tyre;

Yep great fun on an exit off a motorway with kids in the year old car. I’m glad nobody was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Did VW give you anything for the tyres you had to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe. I’d have to see if we have evidence of the damaged tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A receipt should do. There’s a recall on them. So didn’t need to see damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Is the recall on just the 19's or on the 18's also?

The link from @fits only mentioned 19's I think and the image is also of one.

• Advertisement

Just 19s as far as I know.

I doubt it, they’ll say they want to inspect the faulty tyres which presumably you have already disposed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

After 3 years and 50.000kms my ID.3 58kWh has for first time showed 423km of predicted range and I think this would be doable. It seems that last software upgrade has genuinely improved range more than battery age has reduced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Comer1

Very impressive, my 77kWh ID.4 wouldn't do much more than that.

Well we have two new tyres and no Goodyears. Charged 200 for a service. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

My 2011 58kw ID3 shows 430kms of predicted range today. In with dealer on 10th july fo 5 days for 3.2 upgrade and battery module replacement. Will be interesting to see if modules are faulty. Mileage of 33.000kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users Posts: 12,290 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone ever had issues with this particular charger type?

I was almost stranded last night. Had to make 2 unplanned trips from Donegal to Coleraine last night and then went for dinner in Portrush.

Slow charger beside the restaurant had been in use for almost the 8 hour limit so I decided to go to the rapid after dinner.

Arrived to the charger and it wouldn't start. Another driver told me that his wife drove an ID4 and her car would never charge there and he had heard it was an issue with all IDs.

When you put the plug in, you normally hear that little buzz/click as the car locks the plug. With this unit I'd hear the buzz but no click, then it would try again half a dozen times and then fail.

I eventually got it to work after about 20 attempts by holding the plug at various slightly different angles, pushing it in tight, holding it a fraction out etc.

Otherwise I was screwed. I realised as I was about to give up and go wait for the slow charge that I had taken the cable out of the car and forgot to put it back...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I eventually got it to work after about 20 attempts by holding the plug at various slightly different angles, pushing it in tight, holding it a fraction out etc.

I haven't used that particular one but its a general problem that some chargers are sensitive to bad contact on the pilot signal that causes it to not be able to start the session.... wiggling/moving it, like you did, at the start to get it to complete the handshake is the solution.

They should be made more robust to not be so fickle. Some Ionity chargers suffer from this too. I dont think its an ID problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I bought a 145 bhp version in 2021. Honestly it's great and I don't ever have a point where I wish I had more hp. Very good acceleration around the city and on longer trips I'm more concerned about conserving the range so no issue there either. So day to day absolutely no issue. But if you want more acceleration in the mid range, sure.

Advertisement