Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s it. Why did they change something that didn’t need to be changed? Seem a to be the common query when a Manufacturer does something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭eagerv

I don't know, but wasn't for cost savings imo. Suited me because rarely anyone in back.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Ahh the window switches,I personally like them...

The haptic buttons zero issue with them either ......

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

And I'm not bothered in the slightest by the lack of illumination on the heating controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

To be honest they are only saving 1 button. As it’s 2+ rear.

but in most cars I normally end up

pressing the wrong button and opening the back. So the ID is a better setup

• Advertisement

Most owners will say that now as they are heavily invested in their car. I suppose it goes to show how different people like different things and value different things.

When some owners of other cars mentioned they like certain set up in their car, no buttons or binnacle display for example, they were ridiculed.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Utuber news from across the water. Large increases in insurance premiums of 50% plus. Even larger for tesla models. Rear window for tesla model Y costs 3000 sterling 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

I read in some forum that some Infra Sensor is used for gesture control - swiping between screen menus- I rarely used it and for many people seen as a gimmick. Apparently the presence of this Sensor prevents an easy fix to the backlight. Backlit screen coming with the new ID7 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

First thing I did was turn off gesture control, a more annoying feature in a car you couldn't find🤬🤬🤬

I had a 172 Octavia and a fly crossing the rear window would set it off, it drove me stone crazy.

I'd rather have no backlight than have that stupid feature 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

Take your point as I regularly do a return Sligo to Dublin trip and Applegreen would be an ideal location for a multi bay of chargers for both M4/M2 users IMO. Salivating over the new Esb installation in Monegal - 4 proper double chargers capable of charging 8 EVs at once. Please esb - please put the same somewhere on the Sligo (and Donegai) to Dublin run!!!

• Advertisement

I turned off gesture control in my 530e too. There was no consistency in getting it to work!

Insurance is gone strange in the UK in recent times. I seen people getting 50k quotes 😳

The 3k price, is that the rear window or the panoramic roof glass?

Terrible just terrible, put your hand on the indicator stalk and the book I was listening to goes back to the start🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Weirdly mine actually works ok,but tbf an utter gimmick,wave in front of the screen versus touch the thing and make the exact same gesture......hi figure

Rear window, not sunroof. See utuber RSSYMONS

Yes I don’t think Richard goes through any insurance claims to replace the glass as he is the garage.

€3k sounds mental 😳

Thankfully it’s free to us here under insurance policies.

What’s that like compared to other cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Have my departure time set for 9am, charge 0-50% immediatly and 50-80% for departure with preferred times between 22:00 and 08:00

So get home at 16%, plug in and it gets to 50% as expected around 8pm, then at 10pm I see it start charging again! - it will be at 80% by 1am easily, I assumed it would time it to get it to 80% just before 9am? Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Gesture control is dumb but I do like that even with it turned off it will still use the proximity sensor to detect when your hand is near the screen so some on screen menus will minimise when not in use giving more visibility to what's on screen, then increasing the menus when you're going to use them.

Anyone having issues with timed charging and the 'immediately charge to 50%" part ? Mine just goes all the way to 80% regardless of the timed departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

I never bother with it as just use the scheduling in the zappi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

well i got the shop update a few months ago, so 3.2 yes (sorry going off memory here, it was 2.3 then got the big update )

Do you have a location setup for home?

when you get out of the car did you check that the exit screen shows “preferred time” rather than “immediately”

Yes, so I have home saved, and it set with charge immediatly to 50% and then 50-80. I set the departure for 9am and when exiting tapped charge for departure. So I left the car, and checked it a whle later still charging away at 66%, I got in, looked at the settings, tapped away as if i was changing and kept them the same, exited the car and now its charge port is blinking and app says waiting to charge.

Am I doing something wrong?

On the screen where you have the 50-80% setup, if you scroll to the end are there preferred times configured and turned on?

in the main infotainment screen do you have a tile called “ID software”?

So I have the preferred times unticked, and in my ID software say 3.2, pictured is my set up, just checked and the car is at 56% at 8pm, so it will reach 80% way way ahead of 9am Friday

ok, I've no answer for you.

One thing worth trying is don't use departure time. Use the preferred time. That definitely works for me. Presumably you want the car to charge on night rate and just have a guarantee that its at 80% by early morning?

So, just set the preferred time to 0:30-08:00, turn off departure time and it will always be during night rate and should be at 80% by morning every night you plug it in.

I use preferred charging time using ESB night rate. Best rate 2 to 4 am. I just set itup to start charging at 2 am until 80%. A bit more between 4 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got car serviced a couple of weeks ago, and just noticed on the Android app 'You currently have no contracts for online mobile services'. So, I called support and they say it expired on 04Sept. Went through some troubleshooting incl. restarting infotainment system, 15 min drive, enabling/ disabling privacy options, refreshing the website etc. Call center person advised to look out for 'We Connect Plus' as an option to configure from either the car itself, or the myvolkswagen.net website. No luck so far, asked me to send some photos...

Driving to FRANCE tomorrow, which is the worst timing to notice this! I cannot monitor charging from the app, AC, start/ stop charges. Worst case scenario if they can't help me today, I presume I can still START and STOP a charge in France without the app? E.g., Connect charging cable to car, and use the infotainment system/ in car screen to kick off a charge?

Any help appreciated! Will update with what customer service suggest next... Of course this would happen before I take the car overseas for the first time!

• Advertisement

Have you got a paid up working we connect contract now? What's your status according to your VW online portal? Did the phone agent ask you for payment?

Advertisement