Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

New car is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Mk7.5 Golf had it as a separate button below the window switches.

Seems to make more sense on the top on the ID.3 as you're less likely to press it by accident, just like the rear window switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I'm experiencing a couple of software glitches, my first since the 3.2 update.

1. Even though I have charging set to 80%, it sometimes charges to 100%. Battery care ode is enabled and I don't have any location or timers set in the car. This has been happening for a few weeks after the last time I set charging to 100% for a journey (after which I set it back to 80%).
    2. The volume control switches to Telephone, with no option (that I can see) to control radio volume. When this happens (intermittent) the radio is muted. Reseting the infotainment by holding the power button for 10 seconds fixes it.

Has anyone else noticed either of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Neither of these but my scheduled charging is acting odd immediaty chharge to say 50% seems to never work just continues to 80% disregarding the planned depature time (posted previous about it here )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Curses, the dreaded unlockable charge flap has struck. Call to the dealer in the morning then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Can anything be done to reduce the sensitivity of the parking proximity sensors? Trying to back into a space between 2 cars sets the beeps off every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

There are no settings for this in the car but it may be possible via an ODBII app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

They get more intense the closer you get. I find them great

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Any luck with this Phil ?

I have a loaner Born and I can’t charge it, charge port door won’t open, tried it about 50 times …

Local dealer had to break off the cover to get me charging, now waiting for parts to repair it.

• Advertisement

Shocker !

Il keep trying, if I can’t get it in the next hour and I’ll drop it in for them to remove it 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hope parts don't take too long, doesn't look very elegant..😮

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is that the inner cover that's on the body coloured flap? Doesn't it use the locking mechanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It does, but with the cover off its easy to just pop off the latch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I was able to pop mine open without breaking the cover.

Its hard to describe the process.... I used a piece of string and holding both ends I was able to get it in at the top left corner and then work it down the side and across the top so that the string was eventually inside the cover by the latch and one end was at the top of the cover and the other end at the bottom and then I was able to pull it hard enough to get it to pop out of the latch without breaking anything.

They only had to replace the already broken latch then. The replacement unit seemed to be much larger than just the latch mechanism itself as all the plastic around the port itself also seemed to be new/replaced so I'd say its an expensive enough part to replace if doing out of warranty.

That's to release the cable, not the flap.

There really should have a release mechanism for the flap too. This solenoid/latch that goes seems to be a common VW issue, not just the ID cars, and its important that you can refuel without having to go to a dealer to open the flap! Its a stupid design, I dont know why it needs to lock at all... nobody is going to be syphoning off your electrons!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

I saw a video showing someone using a suction cup (satnav holder, kids toy arrow, etc.) to open the charging door. They stuck it to the door and were pushing / pulling whatever you used while pressing the unlock button on the key at the same time. They made it look easy and wouldn't cause any damage.

Not in for 3.x update for a few weeks, but my online subscription has expired after 3 years. So no ability to stop/start charging or heating from the app. If people got the 3.x update earlier, did you get an extension or do we just have to pay about €150 per year going forward to have those features in the app.

If anyone uses the API, I'd be curious what expirationDate you see in the userCapabilities section, if you still have online features after 3.x and your 3 year period has expired.

Thanks lads, got it with a bit of levering with a plastic trim removal tool - broke the lollipop stick !

@coward is this for real ? No app control after 3 years ? Wtf

Even the 2016 i3 has app access, never mind the Tesla that updates itself on the driveway…

Heading into week 3 now with the Born, no sign of 3.2 and battery module issue being sorted.

@handpref I hope we get a bit longer! I rely on using the API (same as what the app uses) to start the charging via cronjob as I have a simple charger and still waiting on 3.x to finally get scheduled charging working after a 3-year wait.

The API car details response has always shown an expirationDate of +3 years from when I bought it for all the capabilitiesStatus (climatisationTimers, trafficInformation, mapUpdate, charging, + many more). Now that I've reached that date, my app and API calls no longer work. Same screen as @Liam2021 shows a page back.

I hope they might extend it after the 3.x update, but then they do have a We Connect pricing page to extend your services after your initial contract period. I have no experience with VW to know what length of time they give for online services on new cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Mine got sorted after a few days no longer have the message on my app. I am running 3.2 so maybe once your xsr is updated to 3.2 it should sort its self out

I’m in the same boat, dumb chargers and no chance of the wife waking up at 2am to start the charge on the app 🙈

Timed charging is working on the born, but it’s temperamental, if the i3 is plugged in first it grabs priority and does it’s sequence, but then the i3 grabs it back as it checks it’s sequencing again, born thinks the charger is faulty as it can’t find signal, faults after one go. If the born goes first the i3 figures it all out and does it’s thing…

The born only had 250km on it when I got it, stacking 800kms a week on it now ..glad I insisted on an ev loaner, and to be fair they made sure I got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Next time anyone is complaining about getting a T-Roc as a loaner it could be worse, Born owners are being given an Arona which isn't even the same size car.

Paddy spec too, manual climate controls, no folding mirrors or reversing camera! Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

Android Auto

Have a new circa 2 month old VWID3 Pro, if possible i would appreciate if someone could post as to how to get Android Auto on the Infotaintement system, Apple car play is on an app on system, can i get Android auto on an app on display ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I'm in the same boat with the app now. Pretty annoying alright. I haven't seen any pricing info anywhere but i definitely wouldn't pay 150€ a year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

Getting a bit concerned on rising insurance costs for some EV owners in the UK. This generally means it could well hit Ireland in the coming months. Tesla owners particularly affected with some very large premium increases being reported - although some ID3 owners have also experienced substantial increases also. Why? - for Tesla - very high insurance group ratings with very high replacement parts costs? For Non Teslas - high repair costs and apparently relatively minor collision damage can result in write- offs due to bent battery trays - also maybe the much higher performance > 200bhp . Some newer EVS coming out with > 300bhp performance! Maybe a separate question but why the need for such high power performance?..............with static speed limits/speed cameras/increased traffic levels you are going nowhere fast. My insurance is up for renewal in January- Oh Oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

The car manufacturer’s emphasis on SUVs and going 0-60 in 4 seconds is driving me bats. You’d swear we were rallying everywhere.

Advertisement