Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Week number 4 of the 3.2 update and battery module fix.

The seat, born, cupra is growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Why is it growing on you post update?

I don't notice any difference apart from "there are new settings available" message doesn't appear anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He is in a loaner Born while his ID3 is in getting the update. I think Hand is saying he liking the Born more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I love mine. I'm driving my son's diesel today, can't wait to get out of it🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Ah ok thanks I thought he was in a born anyway, my own born was in for 3.2 recently so confused myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Right lads.

Wind deflectors and a sunglasses holder for the ID.3. Anyone come across any?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

AXA renewal insurance on my ID3pro 378euro. Saw on line a guy across the pond got a quote for his tesla model Y for 6 grand. 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

I have been reading or hearing reports of that a last while. Hopefully that doesn't happen here. UK historically have always been cheaper to insure a car than here. As someone said those Teslas have performance car figures for speed and there may have been a fair few crashes that we haven't heard about which is leading to higher premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

Is this a good buy? The ad details Donedeal show says style medium trim what ever that means. And then the guy says 1st Edition and then another ad I was looking at said 1st plus which is the better trim level?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Th 3 trims of the 1st edition's were

1st (€33,625)

1st Plus(€40,595)

1st Max(€47,545)

Main extras in the 1st plus were

» 19” Alloy wheels with Airstop tyres

» Folding exterior mirrors,

» Matrix LED Lights front

» Rear view camera

» Keyless Access Advanced

Main extras in 1st max (on top of the 1st plus) were

» Pneumatically adjustable lumbar support with Massage function in front seats

» 20” Alloy Wheels with airstop tyres

» Fixed Panoramic roof

» Sound Insulating Windsheild

» Augmented Reality Head-Up Display

» Travel Assist

» Wireless smartphone charging

» Additional sound system speakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

This should help with the older model specs

Send on the done deal links-

Great detail in those posts above, I think I’d run with - if it doesn’t have matrix and the light bar I wouldn’t bother. Ask them to send a photo of the car with daytime run lights and you’ll know- nice elliptical led outline.

Unless paying the minimum is an absolute priority.

I see that Tour is Roscommon is still for sale, up a long time now.

And this one, not sure if it’s a bit too cheap …up a while ..

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35119382

Volkswagen ID.3 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would also be making sure that all the extra stuff works

My auto dipping has not worked for the past 2 years

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

From what I've seen Tesla insurance group is 46 (50 is the highest) - so presumably reflecting the performance and possibly also repair costs. For comparison Cupra Born has an insurance group rating of 25 and I assume the ID3 is probably the same.

Do they use insurance groups in Ireland? Looks to me like they just pick a number and hope they'll get away with it. They added 60 blips onto mine for the remaining 10 months when I bought the Born, cheaper insurance when you go full EV, yeah sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

Don't know what rating system if any is used here. You would think though that it should be based around driver risk profiles / car power ratings / car repair costs. I will be going through AA for my insurance in December- best of 3 quotes - so will see what happens. I do wonder though that EVS seem to be getting more powerful as new versions are being released- up to 300bhp and even higher. What is the need for this? - that's higher end sports car territory? Surely in reality any car with 150bhp or so is fast enough for safe overtaking and normal road use at the speed limits. I find the 204bhp of the Cupra is more than enough and don't actually use the full power potential the majority of the time.

I've never floored mine as I never needed to, it certainly isn't lacking passing out power. Let us know how you get on in December, I'm not out until May.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Paid my ID3 insurance today. 340 euro. Same as last year.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Proof they're pulling insurance numbers out of their arse. My girlfriend has 1 year NCB, on the Golf with Liberty it was €490. I just did a quote there for €501 and I have 6 years NCB.

Got the car back 1 month later. Went in for 3.2, don’t really know what was going on with the delay.

Now the app doesn’t work and the car has no option for timed charging.

Any ideas on how I get things back to me being able to start the charge/air con from the app ?

My heart is broke from this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

@handpref There is a discussion in the "Volkswagen ID. Drivers Club" Facebook group about this. If your online-services contract expired before 3.x update was performed, then you have issues trying to add the connect app - which will extend your online-services contract.

I notice your contract period says it was extended in one of your screenshots. Others said they waited a few days. Others contacted CS. I'm still on 2.4 with an expired contract.

Here are the steps from that discussion, if you avoid Facebook:

1. Delete the app from the phone.

2. Google ‘we connect Vw’. From a COMPUTER. Hit the first link which is for you country, and login.

3. Find your car in there, and delete it.

4. Go in your car, drive at a place that has good 4g connection.

5. Perform a full factory reset in the car, from the infotainment.

6. Download the latest app at your phone.

7. Login in the app.

8. The car will welcome you with the qr code so as to add it in your app. Do it.

9. Add a user in the car

10. Go to your COMPUTER again and login to your website connect account. Now your car will be there. Scroll down, and ‘buy’ all the FREE services. These will be the ‘We connect plus’ 3 year contract, games, service, etc.

Thank you @coward for that super detailed info, I will persevere- it really shouldn’t be this hard 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

You've just been unlucky. Never had any such issues

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

I login to volkswagen.ie to check the charging status of the car when charging in work. From what I can see, it only gives "current range", which obviously increases while charging.

Am I missing a setting somewhere where I can see the current charging rate and/or percentage full?

@coward I got it using the lap top to enable the app purchases -

It didn’t help that after 28 days when collecting the car today they hit me for €108 …

The parking sensor was throwing an intermittent fault and I asked could they sort it.

Then they tell me it’s going to be €350 to fix the sensor, not covered under warranty as it’s a ‘stone chip’ so I said no thanks. Quick google shows it’s a common fault, so common vw don’t offer warranty repair and service bulletin states it should be put down as stone chip damage - no warranty.

Then they hit me for the €108 because they had to run diagnostics but nobody told me it would be €108 to run diagnostics that tells me what I already know, the car tells you which sensor is broken. I refused to pay and eventually 20 minutes later they said it would be wavered.

Then I get home and realise all the app stuff is wiped, and timed charging doesn’t exist. Il give that another go tomorrow. Stone Age stuff.

Glad to have the car back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

AHH it's just like trying to get the app/connectivity to work on the original Zoe ,one misstep and you have to go throught a very specific series of hoops to get it to work,foremost amongst those being to use a computer NOT your phone....

Re parking sensor take it out read the part number go to scrap yard and start checking other VAG cars it's not going to be unique

Or just ignore it absolutely s@#ite after sales is not unique to VW btw

I hear ya, been there with Zoe to.

Buddy of mine runs a body shop and said he has a bucket of vw parking sensors so a free fix 👍🏻

I got the app working after following the advice above, you can’t buy the free apps on the phone ..needed a laptop, by chance we have one ..

Anyway I’m back to the charging quandary, there is nothing for timed charging, just the screen pictured below.

Anyone got any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

@handpref I see the same screen and issue posted in that Facebook group. The poster did follow up later with a comment "All settings returned to normal after returning to my car after work." So maybe just time!? Earlier in the year, people were reporting that the 3.x update at the dealer was installing 3.1 and that 3.2 was delivered shortly after via OTA. Not sure if that is still the case.

@Soarer Can you add the app to your phone? That will show you charge level etc. I do have the app on two phones using same login / pwd.

Somebody on the Cupra Born thread had the same issue after getting updated. He went back to the dealer and they told him they rebooted the infotainment system and it's now working as it should. Now I know that's what they all say they did to fix it but maybe try rebooting it yourself and see what happens. It used to be leave your finger on the power button for a long time until the logo reappeared, would do no harm at this stage...

• Advertisement

Still no timed charging option/can’t select locations but I got all the app stuff working and plug & charge (allegedly) il try that when passing IONITY. New tiles on the home screen, games, two zone climate, front camera now swivels and info tells me it’s 3.2. I’ve highlighted it to vw through the app for what it’s worth.

I will pull fuse 19 to see, power down reboot didn’t do anything.

The original contact in Western Motors is on holidays, it wasn’t him that tried to sting me on the parking sensor, he also said the car was getting a battery module but the service person said it didn't require any parts when I collected it a month later. I’m reluctant to deal with Western again, and I’d say they feel the same, even though they slipped up repeatedly. It’s due a service in 214 days so may just leave it till then and try JD vw in Swords, app support may yet come back to me.

Good news on the parking sensor - my buddy said take as many as I need ..

Thanks for the advice to date 👍🏻

Advertisement