Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

More information coming out of Denmark this time.
    As you may be aware, the ID.3 will be available in 3 battery sizes. These are referred to as the ID.3 Pure, ID.3 Pro, and ID.3 Pro S.
    The ID.3 Pure and Pro come with a 110kW (150hp) motor. The Pro S comes with a 150kW (204hp) motor.

For 1st Edition purchases, the Pro will come with the 150kW motor from the Pro S. In information sent to a Danish customer, this is now expected to be available on the regular cars as the Pro Power versions.
    https://www.electrive.com/2019/12/19/volkswagen-announces-id-3-pro-power/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

tw0nk wrote: »

I'm not sure, they did the same thing with the Golf Mk8, the story that they will build cars store them and perform an update around March/April isn't particularly new news.

All along they've been saying they'll manufacture cars starting around November and release them to customers in Summer 2020. If I was delivering software in that scenario I'd of planned to do the exact same thing. What's the point of artificially setting a deadline of November '19 for the software release, if the cars aren't going to be delivered to customers until June '20. They've also mentioned a few times that the cars will support over the air updates, but that the first update will likely require a dealer visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The more pertinent question: why manufacture cars today if you are going to park them up for 6 months? :eek:

Just been sent an ID.3 1st e-booklet.
    New prices included with the note
    RRP is subject to final type approval and price confirmation and is inclusive of Government subsidies for private buyers
    (VRT relief and SEAI grant).

ID.3 1st - RRP ~€35,000
    ID.3 1st Plus - RRP ~€42,000
    ID.3 1st Max - RRP ~€49,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

liamog wrote: »
    Just been sent an ID.3 1st e-booklet.
    New prices included with the note

ID.3 1st - RRP ~€35,000
    ID.3 1st Plus - RRP ~€42,000
    ID.3 1st Max - RRP ~€49,000
    The standard spec is also included. lane assist, front assist, sign recognition, acc etc
    The plus version seem to be overpriced - 7k for matrix LED lights and rear view camera?

The standard spec is also included. lane assist, front assist, sign recognition, acc etc
    The plus version seem to be overpriced - 7k for matrix LED lights and rear view camera?

7k for
    – 19-inch alloy wheels
    – “Keyless access” with illuminated door handle recess
    – 2 USB-C charging sockets in the rear
    – Center console with cover and illuminated smartphone
    storage compartment
    – Ambient lighting in 30 different colours
    – Matrix LED headlights with automatic headlight control,
    poor weather light, entry lighting
    – LED rear combination lamps with dynamic turn signal
    – Exterior mirrors, power-adjustable, folding and heated,
    with front passenger exterior mirror lowering function
    – Privacy glass for rear side windows and rear window
    – Exterior Style “Silver”
    – Seat trim covers in fabric “Flow”/“ArtVelours” micro fleece
    – Rear view camera system

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

7k for

Is it really worth 7k though? What’s weird is that the folding mirrors as standard but no heating in the 1st trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Best option: 1st €35,000 - Get into an electric car that IMO is better than most electric vehicles out there.
    1st Plus €42,000 - I agree with Rusky, not worth the price increase.
    1st Max €49,000 - The spec I would buy the ID.3 at but not for this price, Tesla M3 SR+ for me at this price.

I was really holding out for Max at 45k, not sure if they will haggle or hold firm on price like Tesla, one potential area for haggling with VW is at the trade-in part as it will be with local dealers, so they can disguise the 'price drop' with inflated trade-ins.

Is it really worth 7k though? What’s weird is that the folding mirrors as standard but no heating in the 1st trim.

I suppose it's a case of, do you think a 20% price increase is OK to for a style pack, matrix LED lights and a reversing cam.

Of course your also comparing that package with the e-Niro at the same price but with 30km more range.
    I think its pretty competitive.

• Advertisement

One thing I've noticed that does seem daft. The ID.3 standard comes with a 32A single phase onboard charger and a 16A cable? Though the ID.3 1st does list a "Power Charging Cable" for some countries including Ireland. Have to assume that's a 32A 3 Phase cable, to account for us more likely having a single phase 32A home charger, whereas 16A three phase is more common on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

35k is amazing price when comparing to competitors. There is nothing really at this price to compare with. Egolf ee is 37k still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

35K is a good price for the standard, was hoping the differences up to the Plus and Max would have been closer to 4 - 5K each.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have I missed something or did they take on board the feedback on price....35k for consumer so that's 40k for business? That also puts it's under the bik bracket. Mmm certainly something to chew on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That 35 k means that a normal ID3 at entry level could still be at 30 k.

That would be decent news

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I presume LKAS, ACC and AEB are all standard on all ID.3 otherwise the car will not get a 5 star Euro NCAP rating.

€35k is not bad, the standard car will quite likely be well under the magic €30k over here (provided we keep the €10k subsidy going into 2021, which is far from certain)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They’re dropping the E Golf by €4.300 from Jan to make it more competitive.

Should get an Exec on 0 percent PCP for under 34k now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

35k for 58kWh and low finance

That's very good

Best value EV imo

Whats bhp and charge rate at that price

Yokes like Kona, Leaf62 will drop in price quickly when VW produce these in volume

Liamog do you have that é brochure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

unkel wrote: »
    I presume LKAS, ACC and AEB are all standard on all ID.3 otherwise the car will not get a 5 star Euro NCAP rating.

€35k is not bad, the standard car will quite likely be well under the magic €30k over here (provided we keep the €10k subsidy going into 2021, which is far from certain)

This price includes VRT discount and SEAI grant - it is already Ireland specific.

• Advertisement

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Whats bhp and charge rate at that price

Anyone following this thread should know that all ID.3 1st Editions have 100kW CCS support and a 150kW (204hp) motor.

Anyway?

Ahh typos, not sure if I can post the booklet publicly, if I find somewhere else that it's been uploaded I'll add here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

One thing I've noticed that does seem daft. The ID.3 standard comes with a 32A single phase onboard charger and a 16A cable? Though the ID.3 1st does list a "Power Charging Cable" for some countries including Ireland. Have to assume that's a 32A 3 Phase cable, to account for us more likely having a single phase 32A home charger, whereas 16A three phase is more common on the continent.
    32A 3-ph is more common on the Continent especially Central and Northern (5-pin red plug - "industrial" 400V plug), this is a European standard.

16A 3-ph is a UK standard (4 pin blue plug - boats & camp sites).

Old diesel wrote: »
    That 35 k means that a normal ID3 at entry level could still be at 30 k.

That would be decent news

It will be 28k as predicted...

Ahh typos, not sure if I can post the booklet publicly, if I find somewhere else that it's been uploaded I'll add here.

It is on vw Irish website. Not a secret.

Anyone following this thread should know that all ID.3 1st Editions have 100kW CCS support and a 150kW (204hp) motor.

Well and how about 11kW (or better 22kW) AC. Hope it won't be 7.4 kW.

McGiver wrote: »
    Well and how about 11kW (or better 22kW) AC. Hope it won't be 7.4 kW.

– Performance upgrade2
    (approx. 2 seconds faster from 0–100km/h)
    – Exclusive design – e.g. 1ST steering wheel clip
    including pedals in Play & Pause
    – One year or 2,000kWh free charging
    – Fast charging capacity - 100kW DC and 11kW AC

kris_2021 wrote: »
    It is on vw Irish website. Not a secret.

Feel free to post the link then, I only have it via my email. In a document with the following written all over it
    The vehicles shown here are near-production prototypes, the vehicles
    available for sale may vary. The images shown in the article may not be
    passed on or reproduced.

• Advertisement

That's an interesting point re pricing, if the 1st Edition with the 58kWh battery and upgraded motor is soming in at €35k, then I wonder what the base battery with the normal motor and 50kW CCS will come in at, by the time you remove battery cells as well, I wonder could we see a 2021 ID.3 match the entry level price of the Golf Mk8 after grants.

Advertisement