Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Those countries have not more ice and snow on the road than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Basilio

And even more affordable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Anyone else had this- id3 would not release charge cable this morning, started throwing multiple faults. I pulled the release cable and got the charge cable out. Car refused to start and lit up like a Christmas tree. Called VW breakdown who sent the AA- I had left the car outside after waking neighbours to help me push it because it was blocking the garage door.

AA lad who was very nice rang me and said the car started ok first time. It was the 3rd ID car he'd been to since 6am..its on 3.2.

Anyone else experience anything similar ?

He advised locking it for 10 minutes and restarting. Total fiasco of a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

I noted that car the other day although it's the 145bhp version. I'm looking to possibly buy a 204bhp ID3 in January 2025.

It'll be interesting to see at what price range three year old ID3's will be in 12 months time. I have a feeling the way things are going a 221 205bhp will be less than €20k in January 2025.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Heading that way alright but demand will certainly kick in at these lower values and may stabilise prices a bit.

I do firmly believe a lot of people want to go EV but aren't going to spend 30k plus for one.

But then again the likes of the BYD Dolphin brand new with warranty at 25k will put downward pressure on used EVs out of warranty. But overall, yeah, prices are going to drop for a while yet. Which is ok once the prices of the likes of what I want to buy next drops too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What year car is it? It usually points to the 12V battery failing, the cold nights has killed off lots of 12V batteries not just in EVs my son's fiesta needed a jump from me I got him a new battery. Battery place is out the door replacing batteries 🫣

2022, with a new 12v from the 2.4 campaign-

Ive disabled the charge port lock now.

Going by the AA guy if this happens stop with locking unlocking trick- just lock it and leave it for 10 minutes, easier said than done trying to get everyone out the door and the car is blocking the other car from getting out-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'd get the battery tested all the same, it could be a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

For anyone looking to trade in an ID.3 they might be in for a shock.

I got a value today of 16k for mine. The same dealer offered 22k 5 weeks ago.

Every one I contacted 5 weeks ago offered 21/22k.

I expected the trade in value to keep dropping but 6k in 5 weeks is crazy.

What's the details of your car? And what are you looking to trade into?

• Advertisement

ID.3 1st into a Cupra Born.

I don't need to change so will probably just keep it now based on the reduction in trade in value.

Anyone looking to buy a used ID.3 should be seeing some very good offers soon.

What was cost to change? The cupra born is due a price cut alongside the ID range pretty soon. Might make it more manageable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

yeah in the market now. might wait till january and see prices hopefully drop 2nd hand

A month ago 14/15k for any colour/spec I was interested in. Today 19/20k.

I'm happy enough to keep the ID.3 but would have changed for the right deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

A few years ago my 3 year old Golf was valued at €22k, approx 70% of the RRP. By that logic my €40k Born would be worth €28k.

I can't understand these EV prices. What's going on? A petrol Golf is €40k, are people being offered sub €20k for them now? Even with prices dropping, you'd still expect low 20s if you had a new €35k ID.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭joe1303l

All tying into inflation, interest rate hikes and the extortionate costs of cars resulting in demand now falling off a cliff that early adopters of EVs have, by and large, made their purchases now and are looking at market disruptor brands in big numbers.

Huge market correction underway now with halted production, 10k reductions, interest free finance offers, all of which are positive. God knows what'll happen if governments remove grants.

I paid top dollar for my cupra born so I will suffer here, or I would if I was selling, but we offloaded the missus 530e for decent money only about 6 weeks ago, which may not be possible now or in the new year. You win some, you lose some. We are just keeping the Born as a 1 car household for now and I'll keep an eye on the market for something I see as good value in 2024 or 2025. We looked at keeping the 530e and offloading the Born but no dealers were interested, they knew what was coming. A private buyer bought the 530e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think people are afraid to buy EVs second hand. The balloon payment on our tour is 23k. Looks like we will be paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I asked about a trade in today and they’re giving me 23k for my tour 5, down from 29k a few weeks ago! My PCP finishes next year and at this rate I’ll be handing it back and using my balloon savings to buy elsewhere.

20k to go into a car that’s pretty much the same as what you have, and then to loose the matrix lights on top. I couldn’t live with the Born because of the lights.

Ive had a lot of time with the Born over the past 6 months and it’s a great car, but so is the id3- 20k is a large wedge to drop for something that’s not bringing anything new to the party. M3 highlander or the BYD Seal maybe…20k for the Born is too much ..

Also the car may be worth more to you than the dealer- @fits and @electricus being offered 23k. The Tour is a beast of a car and I wouldn’t be giving it away. We will keep the Tour long term, it will then become the second car, I won’t be giving it away to a garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

It’s a great car and I’d prefer to keep it, but if the market value turns out to be less the GMV, wouldn’t it make sense to let it go and buy back for less than the final payment? Or something else used but maybe still under warranty? (General warranty, battery warranty is 8 years)

Post edited by electricus on

I’d love to hold on to ours so I think we will for time being. It won’t work as second car in our house as the second car needs to tow other beasts around.

It’s the best car I’ve ever had by some distance.

Are there less software issues and glitches with the 3.2 software? Considering a 1st edition id3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Generally its fine once its on v3.x

3.2 is the latest for the 1st editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

Similar type story here. Traded my ID3 Style (211) back in February for close to 33k. My new Born cost me 44k with 3k of extras. Did well on the trade in but paid up fully for the Born. My old ID3 is up for sale for a good while now and has dropped pricing a couple of times and is currently at 30k approx. Using "normal" depreciation of say 40% over 3 years the car should be valued at say 22k with the dealer asking maybe 25k...................so price has to drop quite a bit yet. Average pricing of 3 Yr old ID3s' is still too high by some margin. As to my Born I expect it will depreciate fully at normal levels. Depreciation may though be even higher given the entry of numerous high quality cheap Chinese EVs but not overly worried as I can keep the Born for longer- really like the car.

Herself will keep the Born forever, she's not into cars really but does appreciate them and she really likes the Born. Well, she wouldn't be into buying and selling them at any rate.

So we'll remove the depreciation worry on it by just keeping it and I'll keep an eye on the used market for something tasty over next while, let depreciation work for me which in fairness I always did in the past, I always bought used premium stuff like A6 and 5 series. If value appears, I'll do the same again. But we'll see how we get on with 1 car for a while.

Absolutely- minimum outlay all the way. As long as you have a deposit to go again. Cars are money and depreciating assets at the end of the day, an expensive hyper focus 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Missus says the ID3 is her favourite car that we've owned, that combined with the probable crap trade value means I'll most likely be keeping it.

Final value/payment is €18.5k. It's a Tour with (by next Aug) probably 70k km on the clock.

PS I do like the ID3, but I have a soft spot for my old i3. Sometimes I think I should have kept it.

• Advertisement

Seeing 2020 id3s for 22k now, does that mean its too expensive?

Advertisement