Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Davy wrote: »

Thanks for posting

35k model looks good

Only reverse camera on 42k model is useful really, for 7k extra nó thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

liamog wrote: »
    That's an interesting point re pricing, if the 1st Edition with the 58kWh battery and upgraded motor is soming in at €35k, then I wonder what the base battery with the normal motor and 50kW CCS will come in at, by the time you remove battery cells as well, I wonder could we see a 2021 ID.3 match the entry level price of the Golf Mk8 after grants.

Of course it can

Bit of a pointless version anyway, 45kWh battery size will be superminis in 2021, its way too small imo

If 45kWh is 28k and 58kWh is 33k

Can't see many buying former

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    That's an interesting point re pricing, if the 1st Edition with the 58kWh battery and upgraded motor is soming in at €35k, then I wonder what the base battery with the normal motor and 50kW CCS will come in at, by the time you remove battery cells as well, I wonder could we see a 2021 ID.3 match the entry level price of the Golf Mk8 after grants.

Isnt that what VW have always said though? Same price as an entry level Golf diesel.... i.e. €28k here.

Am I reading their brochure correctly.... page 3 looks like the spec of the entry level small battery model?
    i.e. the one that will be <€30k.

I like the spec of that if it is...

ACC
    LED lights
    LKAS
    Heated seats and steering
    Automatic wipers

I was expecting alot of that stuff to be a trim level up.

When they say "Keyless start without SAFELOCK"... what is "SAFELOCK"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yep that seems to the ID.3 base spec.

I googled VW safelock, apparently its their system for disabling interior door handles when the car is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

kris_2021 wrote: »
    – Performance upgrade2
    (approx. 2 seconds faster from 0–100km/h)
    – Exclusive design – e.g. 1ST steering wheel clip
    including pedals in Play & Pause
    – One year or 2,000kWh free charging
    – Fast charging capacity - 100kW DC and 11kW AC
    Why they don't make "Fast charging capacity - 100kW DC and 11kW AC" an option? Or at least the AC.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

McGiver wrote: »
    Why they don't make "Fast charging capacity - 100kW DC and 11kW AC" an option? Or at least the AC.

It may be, they've only published the details of the ID.3, ID.3 1st, ID.3 1st Plus, ID.3 1st Max. Details of option packs etc will be published much later.

Hang on, if I read it correctly then the following is an "extra" for free for all teh 1st edition trims.
    – Performance upgrade (approx. 2 seconds faster from 0–100 km/h)
    – Range power 58 kWh
    – One year of free charging up to 2,000 kWh
    – Exclusive 1st edition design features
    – 100kW DC & 11kW AC charging capacity

If that's true then the 1st ID3 standard trim with 100kW DC and 11kW AC is a really good deal at 35k. Quite a lot of tech.
    The ID3 plus for 7k more makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If you order an id3 1st now, would you get it in 2020?

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    If you order an id3 1st now, would you get it in 2020?

Probably, a good few cancelled so their is likely a few Irish preorders open.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

KCross wrote: »
    Am I reading their brochure correctly.... page 3 looks like the spec of the entry level small battery model?
    i.e. the one that will be <€30k.

I like the spec of that if it is...

ACC
    LED lights
    LKAS
    Heated seats and steering
    Automatic wipers

I was expecting alot of that stuff to be a trim level up.

When they say "Keyless start without SAFELOCK"... what is "SAFELOCK"?

Safelock basically means if you lock the doors, someone sitting inside can’t open the doors, from the inside.

Without it, if you locked someone in the car they can just open it and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

McGiver wrote: »
    16A 3-ph is a UK standard (4 pin blue plug - boats & camp sites).

My understanding is the colour denotes the voltage i.e. yellow 110v, blue 230v, red 400v. I've never seen three-phase that didn't use red plugs/sockets.

Interesting we're now looking at €35k for a decently specked ID3 1st. Glad I kept my hat in the ring.
    I could have sworn people on here said it was €40k & cancelled their reservations as a result :confused:.

VW even DHL'd me a model, socks & few other bits & pieces after I visited their stand at IAA.

200bhp, 100kw CCS, rear wheel drive, good speck, good platform (MEB - liquid cooling etc.) & 58kWh usable at €35k - I'm in :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Kramer wrote: »
    I could have sworn people on here said it was €40k & cancelled their reservations as a result :confused:.

Still no problem preordering now, they lost a lot of original pre bookers and have openly said the will welcome more pre bookers

Kramer wrote: »
    My understanding is the colour denotes the voltage i.e. yellow 110v, blue 230v, red 400v. I've never seen three-phase that didn't use red plugs/sockets.

Interesting we're now looking at €35k for a decently specked ID3 1st. Glad I kept my hat in the ring.

VW even DHL'd me a model, socks & few other bits & pieces after I visited their stand at IAA.

200bhp, 100kw CCS, rear wheel drive, good speck, good platform (MEB - liquid cooling etc.) & 58kWh usable at €35k - I'm in :).

At that price could be tempted myself next November, might even be able to pick up an Ex demo for a few K less. I had sworn my next EV would have to have 100 Kw DC charging at least but we don't yet know how long it can sustain 100 Kw.

Kramer wrote:

Oh yeah it's voltage based but the red is typically 32A (in Europe) and the blue typically 16A (in the UK).
    Kramer wrote:
    200bhp, 100kw CCS, rear wheel drive, good speck, good platform (MEB - liquid cooling etc.) & 58kWh usable at €35k - I'm in .
    Big time. I'm actually considering this let's say in 2 years, newish second hand.

I wonder why the Plus is so badly priced though. Or are they subsidising / undercutting the basic trim price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

The new preorder one nearly seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you upgrade any part of the car, like putting a sunroof in the base model when your ordering.

Can you upgrade any part of the car, like putting a sunroof in the base model when your ordering.

There will be option packs for the regular ID.3 release, no details yet. The ID.3 1st is a factory locked order. Basically VW are making 30,000 cars with one of three specific specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

There’s some interesting info ab climatronic being shared on the prebookers fb group. Guys in Denmark got an official response from vw confirming that the 1st edition ID3 in Europe (not only in Denmark) will only get a one zone climate control. It’s a bit hard to believe tbh as all the ID3 I sat in at IAA had two zones. New golf with seemingly identical info system has at least 2 zones. The booklet we got yesterday, however, doesn’t specifically say it’s a two zone system. For me it’s not a big deal as the 2 zone climate I have in my golf is always in sync mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

VW ID.3 has to fight with "massive software problems"

https://ecomento.de/2019/12/19/vw-id-3-soll-mit-massiven-softwareproblemen-kaempfen/

Google translate:
    According to Volkswagen, the ID.3, which is coming to its first customers in just under six months, heralds the electric car offensive by Europe's largest automaker. The compact car has been in production since the beginning of November , but according to a media report, the developers are still struggling "with massive software problems".

According to information from Manager Magazin , the ID.3 will continue to be built for months without a complete software architecture. The cars would then be parked in specially rented parking lots, according to company circles. In spring, service teams with mobile computer stations should install new software for the first 10,000 ID.3.

A second wave is planned for mid-May, a total of more than 20,000 ID.3 should be reworked, according to Manager Magazin . Only then could the new electric car be installed with the latest software via “over-the-air” updates, as had been the case for a long time with US industry leader Tesla.

thos wrote: »
    VW ID.3 has to fight with "massive software problems"

It's from the same original source as was certain that VW was buying Tesla earlier this year.

We discussed it a few pages back, can be summarised as industry reporter doesn't understand modern software delivery.

The TL/DR is Volkswagen have started producing cars in November, and will finish the software in around April. Cars will be updated prior to delivery to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭User1998

There’s some interesting info ab climatronic being shared on the prebookers fb group. Guys in Denmark got an official response from vw confirming that the 1st edition ID3 in Europe (not only in Denmark) will only get a one zone climate control. It’s a bit hard to believe tbh as all the ID3 I sat in at IAA had two zones. New golf with seemingly identical info system has at least 2 zones. The booklet we got yesterday, however, doesn’t specifically say it’s a two zone system. For me it’s not a big deal as the 2 zone climate I have in my golf is always in sync mode.

The entry level mk8 golf is coming with single zone climate control, similar to the mk7. So its likely the ID3 will follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Single zone climate is the greatest pain, if you’ve already had Dual zone.

Surprised as the E Golf is standard with Dual Zone.

This second price drop of E Golf just goes to show the push they’ll be putting on ID

Some interesting points in this vid from a VW Q&A session:

Some highlights
    - Alot more than 30k of the 1st editions will be made!
    - Showed an Ionity charge session. Charging at 66kW @ 70% SoC. Averaged close to 91kW for the session
    - 1st edition will do 0-100km/h in ~7.5s with 150kW motor
    - Standard model will do it in 9.5s with only a 110kW motor! :(
    You can option in the 150kW motor so will be interesting to see what the premium for that is
    - All demo cars so far have dual zone climate but he wasnt sure if that requires "comfort climate package" or not.
    - You need "comfort climate package" for pre-heat without plugging in. That will be an important option, imo, will be watching the price of that.
    - Data plan in 1st edition included, but you can use your own Wifi too for Spotify etc
    - It will heat/cool the battery to maximise charge speed like Tesla do.
    - 2yr warranty, 3yr on paint(12yr rust), 8yr battery, 6yr Over-the-air updates.
    I'm surprised they are sticking with a general 2yr warranty. Thats quite low these days.
    - Service every 2yrs... unlimited mileage. So, drive it at much as you like and only service it every 2yrs. Thats good!

KCross wrote: »
    Some interesting points in this vid from a VW Q&A session:

Some highlights
    - Alot more than 30k of the 1st editions will be made!
    - Showed an Ionity charge session. Charging at 66kW @ 70% SoC. Averaged close to 91kW for the session
    - 1st edition will do 0-100km/h in ~7.5s with 150kW motor
    - Standard model will do it in 9.5s with only a 110kW motor! :(
    You can option in the 150kW motor so will be interesting to see what the premium for that is
    - All demo cars so far have dual zone climate but he wasnt sure if that requires "comfort climate package" or not.
    - You need "comfort climate package" for pre-heat without plugging in. That will be an important option, imo, will be watching the price of that.
    - Data plan in 1st edition included, but you can use your own Wifi too for Spotify etc
    - It will heat/cool the battery to maximise charge speed like Tesla do.
    - 2yr warranty, 3yr on paint(12yr rust), 8yr battery, 6yr Over-the-air updates.
    I'm surprised they are sticking with a general 2yr warranty. Thats quite low these days.
    - Service every 2yrs... unlimited mileage. So, drive it at much as you like and only service it every 2yrs. Thats good!

2 year warranty is crap, same as i3. Really German cars are not known for their reliability.

66 Kw at 70% is shyte if you ask me.

7.5 seconds with 200 Hp ? RWD will be fun though.

You need "comfort climate package" for pre-heat without plugging in.

That's utter bollocks ! comfort package for heating without being plugged in , that's a pretty standard feature , scum bags and probably charge someone 400-500 for this feature to be enabled.

I'd like to know how they intend heating the battery for a fast charge if I set off with 20% to the local DC and the battery is 2 Deg C ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

66 Kw at 70% is shyte if you ask me. ?

It would seem to be similar to Model 3 according to fastned https://support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/articles/360012178313-Charging-with-a-Tesla-Model-3 so while they are cars that do better this is not the worst result.

September1 wrote: »
    It would seem to be similar to Model 3 according to fastned https://support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/articles/360012178313-Charging-with-a-Tesla-Model-3 so while they are cars that do better this is not the worst result.

Anyone know how long the id.3 can sustain 100 Kw or close ?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Anyone know how long the id.3 can sustain 100 Kw or close ?

You might be waiting until uncle Bjorn tests the car to find out an accurate answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

2 year warranty is crap, same as i3. Really German cars are not known for their reliability.

2 years? I just had my i3 end of warranty check in October, when the car turned 3 years old.

Advertisement