Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

What higher price?

Probably referring to the higher price of the 1st in comparison to the base range/battery version. I think it’s unlikely that a non 1st but same range/batt will be cheaper in the future. Also keep in mind that the grants won’t last forever. Who knows what grants are around in 2021, a base ID.3 without grants is going to cost more than the 1st...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Ah cool, guff then, had me going there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

flyguy wrote: »
    Probably referring to the higher price of the 1st in comparison to the base range/battery version.

That.

i.e. lack of choice. Its the mid-range version (with extras you may not want), or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think VW are being a bit blinded by their past about the value of the 1st edition they think the 1st is going to be a collectors item. Maybe the boomers or what ever the current generation is called will be trading them for mega bucks in 30yrs but I can't really see it happening. It's certainly something I won't be keeping in the shed.

I bought one car which was a "first off the line" car and it only broke my heart with issues. I said never again, the second wave is what you want where the manufacturing issues are already resolved. No dead cert, but reduced risk.

• Advertisement

Yea the first 30,000 are guinne pigs should be a serious incentive for pre orders. VW think owning the 1st is the incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

VW think owning the 1st is the incentive.

Have you not seen the cool pedals?

:D

Or the 2 sec quicker 0 to 100. Oh wait a minute that's a good thing.

Ahem the lame value reducing prototype first badges.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

If you are the type of person who tends to like a lot of options on your car, then the 1st has been reported to be better value than optioning the same spec after general release.

If you prefer a bare spec car with just the one or two options that interest you, then you better doing a custom order against the general release.

Reports that delivery date for 1st edition might be delayed to Aug(rather than Jun).... From “Battery Life” YouTube channel who got it from Denmark pre-bookers event.

I suppose a 2mth slip isn’t the end of the world.

Also mentioned single zone climate control and long range version only has 4 seat belts... which we had already heard.

• Advertisement

August is a bit close to the standard one been delivered, you'd be nearly tempted to hang on the extra few months and get the spec and colour you want. Our wonderful registration system is also coming in to play that time of year...how's it work after 201 reg anyway, 2012 then back to 202, I've actually confused myself now I don't understand why people are driving 201 regs when it's only 2020.

August is a bit close to the standard one been delivered, you'd be nearly tempted to hang on the extra few months and get the spec and colour you want. Our wonderful registration system is also coming in to play that time of year...how's it work after 201 reg anyway, 2012 then back to 202, I've actually confused myself now I don't understand why people are driving 201 regs when it's only 2020.

2021= 211 and 212
    2022= 221 and 222

I’d imagine the 2-3 month slip will have a knock on for the standard model deliveries as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It’s fairly simple

Take the last two digits of the decade

Add 1 for the 1st half. 2 for the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nonsense. ID.3 is the size of a Golf on the inside (rear width), except for the longer leg room. Very much your average C-segment small family hatch. Not suitable for 3 adults in the back unless they are size zero. Model 3 is one of the smaller D-segment saloons. A full size bigger than the ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The ID3 is a good 2ft more forward in that pic too.

*edit* bad phrasing. There’s about 2ft of extra space behind the ID3.

The Tesla has a low looking nose, it doesn't look small in the flesh though. ID is kinda closer to a leaf size then, that kinda high look?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

VW have been pretty consistent with Summer 2020 for a while now, this is the first time I've heard a month from a VW source. At the pre bookers event, they talked about the first time we'd see them on the road would be as part of the Euro 2020 event, which is June 12th to July 12th. I'm not that surprised that we'd start receiving the cars end of July/beginning of August.

The rumor about the 4 seat only 77kWh came up again at the DK event.

VW AG have confirmed some of the VW DK info via the pre-bookers Facebook Group. Main points are

1st Editions will only have 1 zone climate control, dual zone available later
    Pro S (77kWh) only 4 seats and no panoramic roof
    No park assist on 1st Edition
    Delivery is Summer 2020 (they are not giving further info than that)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

liamog wrote: »
    VW AG have confirmed some of the VW DK info via the pre-bookers Facebook Group. Main points are

1st Editions will only have 1 zone climate control, dual zone available later
    Pro S (77kWh) only 4 seats and no panoramic roof
    No park assist on 1st Edition
    Delivery is Summer 2020 (they are not giving further info than that)

No Park Assist...????

• Advertisement

Park Assist, is the self-parking feature.
    It will still have the sensors and the camera to help you when parking. There is a guy from Portugal speculating that the car has all the hardware for Park Assist, so it may be a day 2 feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

No Park Assist...????

4 seats is a bigger deal for most people, certainly it would rule it out for a lot of potential purchases as it does with the i3

Is this just an issue with 1st Edition Long Range it will it be an issue with all Long Range cars?

The 4 seat is just for the ID.3 Pro S, which is the 77kWh edition.
    The ID.3 1st, is an ID.3 Pro with a 58kWh battery. All ID.3 1st Editions will have 5 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

The 4 seat is just for the ID.3 Pro S, which is the 77kWh edition.
    The ID.3 1st, is an ID.3 Pro with a 58kWh battery. All ID.3 1st Editions will have 5 seats

Ah right then it’s a non issue

Chatting to someone in the know, sounds like the dealers are only getting theirs in July now, that's a good bit behind schedule. Irish allocation is gone but they must be able to book UK ones while there's still some available. The deposit can be got back right up until delivery, that doesn't surprise me as it's all being booked and ordered online before you can try the car so distance selling rules would apply just like Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I'd be okay with an August/September delivery but if its later probably worth holding back to the new year and get the options you want.

Chatting to someone in the know, sounds like the dealers are only getting theirs in July now, that's a good bit behind schedule

Schedule has been Summer 2020 since at least Frankfurt last year, 1st Editions and dealers are expected at the same time.

Schedule has been Summer 2020 since at least Frankfurt last year, 1st Editions and dealers are expected at the same time.

The dealer was hoping they'd have the demo in March originally. Rumour the allocation in July is 40...I'd say it's all finger in the air stuff at the moment anyway.
    It's March we have to order?

We have to order by March/April, we were told at the prebookers event that dealers would not have them in Ireland during the ordering window.

• Advertisement

so ordering without test drive :(. I didn't get to go to prebookers event as had to work.

Advertisement