Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

85050570_247343439591840_2031370786970039130_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-vie1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=XEylLeRS8fMAX82ZtgD&oh=1bacd510b2b72467b48e332444724489&oe=5EEBA7A9

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Some info on the options for both the ID.3 and ID.SUV (Probably ID.4)

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/f7f0nq/picture_shows_range_and_acceleration_stats_for/

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Some more information from Spain regarding the various models of the ID3

(Source - https://www.diariomotor.com/noticia/volkswagen-id-3-acabados-potencia-autonomia-espana/ )

volkswagen-id3-gama-0220-01

Interestingly, it looks like the 58kWh model with the "upgraded" motor will be about the sweet spot for performance and charging.

FWIW, in the last bit of the embedded video the presenter seems to suggest that VW is aiming for the cheapest version of the general release model to be priced at under €30k before incentives. Given the price of the 1st edition is this wishful thinking? Unless of course VW foresees a lot of upcoming competitors with lower priced products, in which case in hindsight will the 1st edition be viewed as over-priced?

We all know the car manufacturers are milking the public subsidies and are inflating car prices so I would say yes it is possible, it could also be the case that VW are prepared to loose some money to try repair their image from the diesel gate scandal though as far as I'm aware the id.3 won't be sold in North America which is a shame.

The 58 Kwh with upgraded motor which is what 200 HP this should be a lot of fun in RWD how much is it ? and it comes with 100 Kw charging ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The 1st Edition was given an indicative RRP of €35,000 in the Irish booklet. I think the only extra the 1st has over the series ID.3 Pro Power is the upgraded navigation pack, so my guess is the series ID.3 Pro Power will start about the same.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    The 1st Edition was given an indicative RRP of €35,000 in the Irish booklet. I think the only extra the 1st has over the series ID.3 Pro Power is the upgraded navigation pack, so my guess is the series ID.3 Pro Power will start about the same.

Does it come with Adaptive cruise and lane keep assist or whatever VW call it ?

All well run companies will price to what the market can bear for a product and the market up to now has been one for innovators and early adopters who will pay a premium and put up with shortcomings.
    In that respect I cannot blame manufacturers for what ever pricing structure they choose. After all, we customers can just choose to take our business elsewhere.
    In an Irish context, the current incentives would appear to be both very good for the customer and unsustainable in the medium term, so on thinking about it maybe the current expected retail price for the ID3 is good from a customer viewpoint?
    In relation to North America sales, I understood that VW decided to bring their larger ID4 model to market first given that this is the dominant segment in that particular market, followed later by the ID3 introduction, so it's just the reverse of the european market approach.

Does it come with Adaptive cruise and lane keep assist or whatever VW call it ?

Yes, according to the booklet that VW sent out in December.

I'm not sure the average cost of a car in Ireland would be anywhere near 35 K ?

The Quashqai starts at 27.5 K

Sportage from 29K

Golf around 25 k ? can't see easily on their website which is a cluttered mess.

Focus from 22 K

Corolla from 26,300 K

All quite popular cars in Ireland.

35 K is a lot for an average car I'd say in Ireland.

If they can get the cheaper id.3 for below 30 K then I'd say it will sell well but I'm not sure a lot of People realise how much they would save on petrol or diesel and think more about ( will it run up my electric bill, that's expensive enough )

• Registered Users Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm not sure the average cost of a car in Ireland would be anywhere near 35 K ?

It's about 30k.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    It's about 30k.

Didn't think it was that high was expecting it to be more like 25K.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Didn't think it was that high was expecting it to be more like 25K.

You do realise of all the “average” cars you quoted, only one started below 25k????

The performance of the ID.3 Pro Power is comparable to the Golf GTD and GTE. I can't find a price anymore for the GTD, but the GTE is listed as €42,225. So it's about 7k cheaper for comparable performance.

The 1.5 TSI Golf's are listed as €31,550, I think the ID.3 Pro (i.e. without the power upgrade) will probably end up at a very similar price.

conor_mc wrote: »
    You do realise of all the “average” cars you quoted, only one started below 25k????

Yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Don't forget those prices you quote for the ID.3 are net of government grants (10k) for EVs, the corresponding ICE cars have no subsidies at all.

Still ... VW have spent a lot of capital in R&D and infrastructure to get the plant setup for this MBE platform, with projected output of 100,000 EV Cars per year, they need the public to begin adopting the concept in large numbers. I'm not really sure that's going to happen straight off the bat.

Yes the Pre-Booker numbers are impressive in Europe, but there has been many cancellations, hence it's open again in many countries. Maybe a sign of the era we live in, the hype, marketing, new technology adopters, many have put their name down with a fully refundable booking fee. The proof will be in the pudding come April when you'll have to commit your deposit and it's no longer refundable.

I suspect the ID3 will be well received, pre-book people will happily pay the premium for the upgraded battery and motor, but the general car buying public might be a harder sell, VW are asking a lot if they expect people are going to flock in droves to adopt not only electric, but given the choice out there VW is not the only game in town.

I suspect we'll see further reductions in the ID3 once initial demand is met, perhaps even better value then they are currently indicating.

Still ... VW have spent a lot of capital in R&D and infrastructure to get the plant setup for this MBE platform, with projected output of 100,000 EV Cars per year, they need the public to begin adopting the concept in large numbers. I'm not really sure that's going to happen straight off the bat.

The plant in Zwickau is the first to switch fully to the MEB platform, and once fully switched over should be producing 330,000 MEB cars per year. This includes the ID.3, El-Born, ID.SUV and the Skoda Enyaq.

The ID.3 1st starts at around €40,000 which has turned into a €35,000 indicative RRP in Ireland due to our grants. The series model (ID.3 Pure) is due to start at €30,000 so it will be interesting to see what price it enters the Irish market for.

A 330km base model ID.3 for €25,000 with a 0% PCP due to backing from VW Bank could prove to be a very popular seller.

The ID.3 1st starts at around €40,000 which has turned into a €35,000 indicative RRP in Ireland due to our grants. .

The ID3 1st edition starts at €45,000 less €10,000 = €35,000

5 RRP is subject to final type approval and price confirmation and is inclusive of Government subsidies for private buyers
    (VRT relief and SEAI grant).

The ID3 1st edition starts at €45,000 less €10,000 = €35,000

5 RRP is subject to final type approval and price confirmation and is inclusive of Government subsidies for private buyers
    (VRT relief and SEAI grant).

The indicative European price is under €40,000. There's a difference between VRT relief and the SEAI grant. The net effect is that the ID.3 1st is roughly around €35,000 in Ireland.

€40,000 + 14% = €45,600
    €45,600 - €5,000 VRT - €5,000 SEAI comes in at €35,600

So if VW achieve an ID.3 Pure for under €30,000. The Irish price will effectively just be €25,000 as there will be €0 VRT due.

35 k for how many Kwh again and is that usable ?

35 k for how many Kwh again and is that usable ?

ID.3 Pure is 48kWh (45kWh usable) for 330km WLTP
    ID.3 Pro is 62kWh (58kWh usable) for 420km WLTP
    ID.3 Pro S is 82kWh (77kWh usable) for 550km WLTP

All ID.3 1st's have the 58kWh usable battery.

• Advertisement

The VRT is built into every new car you purchase on the forecourt ie the RRP in ireland

It's semantics, loose your grants ... it'll cost you 45k doesn't matter what VW says the European price is, our Government adds another €5k to the purchase price and we have the pleasure of the adjusted "Irish Price",

Currently there is 10K in subsidies bringing it back to 35k Just because they give you 5k back on the VRT doesn't reduce the initial cost of the base 1st edition here in Ireland to 40k, it is 45K

Budget 2021 will be telling .... will they keep the subsidies, who knows!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

The VRT is built into every new car you purchase on the forecourt ie the RRP in ireland

It's semantics, loose your grants ... it'll cost you 45k doesn't matter what VW says the European price is, our Government adds another €5k to the purchase price and we have the pleasure of the adjusted "Irish Price",

Currently there is 10K in subsidies bringing it back to 35k Just because they give you 5k back on the VRT doesn't reduce the initial cost of the base 1st edition here in Ireland to 40k, it is 45K

Budget 2021 will be telling .... will they keep the subsidies, who knows!.

Going to be hard to convince people to buy a golf for 35k

How much is the id4 going to cost? I just bought a Tiguan for 42k...sounds like the id4 will be 50k?

It's semantics, loose your grants ... it'll cost you 45k doesn't matter what VW says the European price is, our Government adds another €5k to the purchase price and we have the pleasure of the adjusted "Irish Price".

It's actually a really important distinction, we only have the €10,000 in grants for vehicles sold for more than €35,714. Any vehicle sold between €20,000 and €35,714 pays €0 VRT and receives a grant of €5,000.

Being precise here, also helps people to understand why a car with a €40,000 price tag and a €10,000 subsidy ends up with an Irish suggested RRP of €35,000.

That's only for the upgraded power and mid-size battery. The Golf currently starts at €25,795, which is roughly inline with what I expect the ID.3 Pure to start at here.

:Yes ... but we're comparing the base ID3 1st edition's price to other ICE cars in this thread a few posts back.

I've made no mention of the series production ID3

Just to be precise :p

That's only for the upgraded power and mid-size battery. The Golf currently starts at €25,795, which is roughly inline with what I expect the ID.3 Pure to start at here.

What's the range of pure edition 330km?

Yes, 330km on WLTP. As a rule of thumb, I find taking 2/3 of the WLTP to be a reliable indicator of bad weather winter motorway range. That way your less likely to be disappointed.

Yes, 330km on WLTP. As a rule of thumb, I find taking 2/3 of the WLTP to be a reliable indicator of bad weather winter motorway range. That way your less likely to be disappointed.

I guess in 3 years when I'm due to change the picture should be a lot clearer.

According to VW, between 230km (bad weather, bad tempered commuting etc) and 330km (summer sunday afternoon amble).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How much is the id4 going to cost? I just bought a Tiguan for 42k...sounds like the id4 will be 50k?

The GTE, GTD, GTI and Golf R are all priced north of a 42k Tiguan, people won't have a problem spending 35k+ on a Golf, the question is why would you spend it on one with less range and smiles than all of the above.
    Like who will spend 61k on a T-Roc I bet someone will https://m.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2499270&r=s.php%3Fm%3D93%26o%3D2661%26f%3D1%26g%3D0

In fairness to the ID3, it's 200bhp, RWD straight out of the gate, it's how they feels in real life is going to make or break this car.

Advertisement