Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's still 5k interest.

I wish more people would realise this. What a waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It's still 5k interest. I wonder are they reviewing it after feedback yesterday, a few cancellations would make them rethink it..when you can get 0% on a diesel this has to be the same or your being penalised for going electric.

That's capitalism unfortunately, as long a EV demand outstrips supply they can charge whatever they want

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

How did you decipher that total?

http://www.pcp-calculator.com/PCP-loan-calculator.html

put your numbers in there and will calculate for you

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's still 5k interest. I wonder are they reviewing it after feedback yesterday, a few cancellations would make them rethink it..when you can get 0% on a diesel this has to be the same or your being penalised for going electric.

I'd doubt it, a car sold by a manufacturer with a bank likely has holistic pricing set with the financing profit built in.

They'll sell you a car for 25k with 0% finance, 6 months later they'll sell the same car with 5% finance for 20k, it just depends where they want to allocate the profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

unkel wrote: »
    I wish more people would realise this. What a waste of money!

Same could be said for all loans, unfortunately if you want a new car these days, it's almost impossible to afford one without some sort of loan

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

4.9% is disgraceful, only the Touareg has interest that high, every other car of theirs has either 0% or 1.9%.
    They are giving with one hand and taking with the other.
    The no tow bar or roof bar options are something i could stomach although it is something would be lacking when compared to my current car. This high interest compared to their other offers is enough for me to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

End payment of 30% seems a bit extreme, given that VW's other PCP offers seem to end with 40% implying less depreciation

Every time I've worked it out, the regular PCP with max deposit comes out better for the Max trim

Here's what I got:

Max trim OTR price = €48,345

ID PLAN:
    Max 10% deposit = €4834
    End payment 50% = €24,172.50
    APR = 3.9%
    Term = 36 months

Monthly payment = €667.13

PCP PLAN:
    Max 30% deposit = €14,503.50
    End payment 40% = €19,338
    APR = 4.9%
    Term = 36 months

Monthly payment = €525.60

If I plug in 30% residual value into the PCP calculator then the ID Plan is a lot closer

PCP PLAN:
    Max 30% deposit = €14,503.50
    End payment 30% = €14,503.50
    APR = 4.9%
    Term = 36 months

Monthly payment = €654.61

I think the big selling point of the ID plan is no deposit, making it accessible to folks who don't have a valuable car to trade in

The only thing we may want to consider is if the Irish market is getting the 1st movers club.
    Example: You calculate €660 per month for 36 months
    But 3 month X €660 is €1980 made free.
    As a result the remaining 33 months is €21780 can can be though of as 33 payments (just your personally budget it)
    Resulting in €21780 / 36 which is 605 per month

Not sure if makes a huge difference as it will still be 660 but just worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Same could be said for all loans, unfortunately if you want a new car these days, it's almost impossible to afford one without some sort of loan

I can buy it straight, I wouldn't buy a new VW EV straight through as it's bleeding edge technology so a high risk investment especially in a car that doesn't work fully out of the box, there's not even one decent review.
    Manufacturers will be falling over themselves with deals this year, the ID3 with 5k interest unfortunately isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Was that for ID Plan, or PCP, or HP or all the above?

Pcp. He didn't have figures for the ID plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

I can buy it straight, I wouldn't buy a new VW EV straight through as it's bleeding edge technology so a high risk investment especially in a car that doesn't work fully out of the box, there's not even one decent review.
    Manufacturers will be falling over themselves with deals this year, the ID3 with 5k interest unfortunately isn't one of them.

The fact that you can still per book one of these says a lot. I personally know two ppl who have cancelled because of price/spec/holdups. I kept with it, just to see what the final deal/finance would be! I personally wouldn’t pay 4.9% interest on a car when there’s any amount of 0% offers out there. This looks like a nice car and ticked a lot of boxes for me to change to EV. But looking at these prices, this car will be more expensive to own/run than a new golf. Pretty sure vw will be offering much better deals on these cars next year when they’re releases properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

The fact that you can still per book one of these says a lot. I personally know two ppl who have cancelled because of price/spec/holdups. I kept with it, just to see what the final deal/finance would be! I personally wouldn’t pay 4.9% interest on a car when there’s any amount of 0% offers out there. This looks like a nice car and ticked a lot of boxes for me to change to EV. But looking at these prices, this car will be more expensive to own/run than a new golf. Pretty sure vw will be offering much better deals on these cars next year when they’re releases properly.

Yea, surprised that you could still book the 1st, would be interesting to know what the uptake was/is europe wide.

Likewise, the car ticks a lot of boxes for us. The basic 1st I think I could live with though would have liked a few items such as reversing camera.

All depends on how much I have to pay on trade in, I have a good idea what my car is worth on other deals. (Except for the Tesla insult):)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

On RTE.ie today:

Linky

The car will arrive in Ireland in September and will have an engine capacity of 204 horse power from a 58 kWh battery. Pricing, after grants for private buyers, will start at €33,625

Is that the official price for the cheapest of the three 1st edition cars available this year? I can't remember the detail, but is that significantly cheaper than suggested previously? Doesn't seem too bad for a 58kWh EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Akabusi wrote: »
    4.9% is disgraceful, only the Touareg has interest that high, every other car of theirs has either 0% or 1.9%.
    They are giving with one hand and taking with the other.
    The no tow bar or roof bar options are something i could stomach although it is something would be lacking when compared to my current car. This high interest compared to their other offers is enough for me to cancel.
    I was told that it’s still cheaper than bank finance...

On RTE.ie today:

Linky

Is that the official price for the cheapest of the three 1st edition cars available this year? I can't remember the detail, but is that significantly cheaper than suggested previously? Doesn't seem too bad for a 58kWh EV.

Yea that's for the long range, you've to add 800 delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

On RTE.ie today:

Linky

Yes price of the Basic 1st less delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yea that's for the long range, you've to add 800 delivery charge.

The medium range you mean.... there are 3..... 45, 58 and 77(i think).

The 1st edition is the 58.

I for one expected it to be a few grand more so Im pleasantly surprised its coming in at €34k OTR.

It bodes well for the entry level pricing on the short range model, I think.

What is disappointing though is the large gap in pricing between the trim levels of the 1st edition.... €34k, €41k(Plus) and €48k(Max)

If any items in the Plus are must haves for you its a bit of a deal breaker to have to stump up €7k for that privilege.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

KCross wrote: »
    I for one expected it to be a few grand more so Im pleasantly surprised its coming in at €34k OTR.

What is disappointing though is the large gap in pricing between the trim levels of the 1st edition.... €34k, €41k(Plus) and €48k(Max)

If any items in the Plus are must haves for you its a bit of a deal breaker to have to stump up €7k for that privilege.

I agree very much with this post, the entry ID.3 1st has some packs on top of the ID.3 production model (performance upgrade, navigation upgrade). It bodes well for the a cheaper ID.3 58kWh, and definitely for the smaller battery 45kWh versions.

I think the jump to the ID.3 1st Plus is very steep for a rear view camera, matrix LED's and mostly cosmetic upgrades.

The price jump between trim levels is far too much for what you're getting alright. The dealer said that you should be able to pick and choose between extras when the online ordering starts. It'll be the same as a configurator, with 10 steps, and you'll actually order the car you've configured.

I saw his list of pre-bookers and half of the 27 on the list were crossed off. He says he'll still get the cars and will be able to sell them for immediate delivery.

The medium range you mean.... there are 3..... 45, 58 and 77(i think).

The 1st edition is the 58.

No the long range 1st is the cheapest one. The Max is the short range. All the 1st have different ranges.
    Max is 409km the long range is 424km.

• Advertisement

No the long range 1st is the cheapest one. The Max is the short range. All the 1st have different ranges.
    Max is 409km the long range is 124km.

No, all the 1st cars are 58kWh, with 3 trim levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Confirmed by the dealer they are giving 3 months of payment free as part of the offer.

No, all the 1st cars are 58kWh, with 3 trim levels.

Yes but the range differs depending on spec.

It doesn't.

With WLTP, you know have to specify the range with the spec, the extra weight from the equipment reduces the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Confirmed by the dealer they are giving 3 months of payment free as part of the offer.

But can you order the car?

liamog wrote: »
    With WLTP, you know have to specify the range with the spec, the extra weight from the equipment reduces the range.

All of the three 1st trims are being quoted as the same kms range.

All of the three 1st trims are being quoted as the same kms range.

Yea the release VW gave us yesterday is wrong.

Max is 409km the long range is 424km.

You have it wrong.
    The 1st edition has one battery size.... 58kWh. No choice in that.

The different ranges only come into play when series production starts and you can pick 45, 58 and 77.

The differences in range you are talking about is only a few km for the different trim levels.... thats not what people consider the long range model.... thats just WLTP bulls*it.

• Advertisement

I have it correct your just taking me up wrong.

Advertisement