Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

it is because the difference in wheel size boys. nothing else.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You can see it in the product guide pdf

ID.3 1st - 15.5-16.9 (375km to 343km)
    ID.3 1st Plus - 15.7-16.9 (369km to 343km)
    ID.3 1st Max - 16.1-16.9 (360km to 343km)

Not sure how they can quote lower consumption but the same range, I especially can't figure out how the top end of the consumption doesn't change, that's just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I have it correct your just taking me up wrong.

Well, in the context of an EV in an EV forum if you say its "the long range model" it means something very different to what you are saying.... there is no long range 1st edition.... one battery size.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

So ,34 grand is comparatively very good value esp. 204 bhp and t8 kWh battery.
    As previously pointed out the difference in the pricing between trim levels us nuts.
    Again I really want to see the pricing on the too spec small battery on when that becomes available.
    Re financing hands up who's even any ev with 0 %
    It's a non issue ,as far as I know Renault's 2.02% is the best out there.
    As ever bottom line cost to change is what matters how you pay for it really has nothing to do with the car.
    Anyway I still aiming at a tesla....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

liamog wrote: »
    You can see it in the product guide pdf

ID.3 1st - 15.5-16.9 (375km to 343km)
    ID.3 1st Plus - 15.7-16.9 (369km to 343km)
    ID.3 1st Max - 16.1-16.9 (360km to 343km)

Not sure how they can quote lower consumption but the same range, I especially can't figure out how the top end of the consumption doesn't change, that's just odd.

I assume the difference is the wheel sizes, and the top end consumption would be for low speed driving, where it makes little difference, while the low consumption would be high speed driving, where it has some effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

But can you order the car?

Yes got a documented quote for PCP for the Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

adunis wrote: »
    So ,34 grand is comparatively very good value esp. 204 bhp and t8 kWh battery.
    As previously pointed out the difference in the pricing between trim levels us nuts.
    Again I really want to see the pricing on the too spec small battery on when that becomes available.
    Re financing hands up who's even any ev with 0 %
    It's a non issue ,as far as I know Renault's 2.02% is the best out there.
    As ever bottom line cost to change is what matters how you pay for it really has nothing to do with the car.
    Anyway I still aiming at a tesla....

Kia are doing 0% on their EVs at the moment. And 0% is often one of the perks of VW so I was expecting it, especially when they want to make a splash with the 1st edition models.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KCross wrote: »
    Well, in the context of an EV in an EV forum if you say its "the long range model" it means something very different to what you are saying.... there is no long range 1st edition.... one battery size.

What do you want me to say, one has longer range than the other two. Even though the WLTP is now wrong on the Max as it's dropped the subwoofer and some speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

quokula wrote: »
    Kia are doing 0% on their EVs at the moment. And 0% is often one of the perks of VW so I was expecting it, especially when they want to make a splash with the 1st edition models.

I love the kia except for the looks, the e soul is a really well specified modern car, it's why I'm surprised VW didn't go to 0% to match the urban car of the year.
    Kia is 3.9% on pcp.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I love the kia except for the looks, the e soul is a really well specified modern car, it's why I'm surprised VW didn't go to 0% to match the urban car of the year.

It's possibly their way of "capturing the excess demand" without making the sticker price terrifying.

They can cut the interest rate if/when the supply is stronger and initial demand has been satisfied.

Works out fine for people who don't need the credit!

On which subject (of credit vs cash), I wonder what are the projected demographics of the ID.3 buyer. I know the ads are all full of young beautiful people, but those people tend to take public transport, taxis and bicycles whilst desparately trying to pay their extortionate rents. It's the oldies that pay cash.

I think Johnny (carpervert) was saying that the Honda Jazz was originally intended as a youth car but ended up being geriatric.

I'm not that far from "last car" age myself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So based on €34k on the road for the 1st 58kWh, what price are people now expecting for a bottom of the range 45kWh on the road early next year? I'd say my guess of €27-28k from ages ago won't be far off? That's about the same as the cheapest 1l petrol Golf BTW...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

unkel wrote: »
    So based on €34k on the road for the 1st 58kWh, what price are people now expecting for a bottom of the range 45kWh on the road early next year? I'd say my guess of €27-28k from ages ago won't be far off? That's less than the cheapest 1l petrol Golf BTW...

I think that's spot on. A very competitive price against an entry level PSA supermini, with option packs available to customise it based on your requirements.

A game changing price alright. Why on earth would anyone buy a Golf if you can buy an ID.3 for similar money? And before someone mentions range, if you do a high annual mileage and you do need a big range, you can opt for a high range model at extra cost, which should be offset by fuel savings alone. Never mind lower maintenance and much lower depreciation. And then there is the torque, the performance, the RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

So based on €34k on the road for the 1st 58kWh, what price are people now expecting for a bottom of the range 45kWh on the road early next year? I'd say my guess of €27-28k from ages ago won't be far off? That's about the same as the cheapest 1l petrol Golf BTW...

I don't think we will see an ID3 much under €30K but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

What price is a new Golf Diesel these days? €31K plus? And only 115HP.

Makes the ID3 1st not badly priced IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eagerv wrote: »
    What price is a new Golf Diesel these days? €31K plus? And only 115HP.

Makes the ID3 1st not badly priced IMO

The entry level Golf diesel, the last time I looked, had a €28k OTR price. VW have always said that the ID.3 would be priced like an equivalently spec'd diesel golf..... so hopefully they will hit that mark.

Add on metallic and a few options and you should have the short range ID.3 for around the €30k mark

If the 1st edition is €34k and it has the 58kWh battery, the 45kWh with less toys is surely under €30k.

EDIT: Having looked at their website now, the new entry level diesel Golf does seem to be €31k so they have increased the price of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

A game changing price alright. Why on earth would anyone buy a Golf if you can buy an ID.3 for similar money? And before someone mentions range, if you do a high annual mileage and you do need a big range, you can opt for a high range model at extra cost, which should be offset by fuel savings alone. Never mind lower maintenance and much lower depreciation. And then there is the torque, the performance, the RWD.

Game changing haha

It will be available 5 years after a Hyundai Ioniq that cost even less, with similar motorway range and charged faster

Good one Unkel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Game changing haha

It will be available 5 years after a Hyundai Ioniq that cost even less, with similar motorway range and charged faster

Good one Unkel

Good luck I suppose, if a 5 year old ioniq is your thing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

I doubt there’ll be that much of a gap - they don’t actually want to sell you the entry level spec one, just like Tesla and co.

We’re 6 months into a 3 year pcp on a 1.5tsi golf r-line, so it’s great to see this as an option in 2.5 years time from vw and step sideways into a similar EV.

KCross wrote: »
    The entry level Golf diesel, the last time I looked, had a €28k OTR price.

That was the previous model Golf. Current Model starts at over €28k or so on the road for the 1l petrol, see my post above. Diesel several grand more and hopefully taxed out of existence soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A new Golf 1.0 Petrol in the standard trim will be €24,750, available later this year.

@Unkel as for the comment “Why would anyone buy a diesel over electric” I think you sometimes forget people don’t have access to charge their car at home/work.

Also at a €10,000 premium, people don’t want to go electric. Just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

That was the previous model Golf. Current Model starts at over €28k or so on the road for the 1l petrol, see my post above. Diesel several grand more and hopefully taxed out of existence soon.

“Taxed out of existence soon”
    You do realize most diesel owners have a diesel for a reason eg. long commute to work and pay plenty of tax as it is, not everyone can afford an EV.

L-M wrote: »
    A new Golf 1.0 Petrol in the standard trim will be €24,750, available later this year.

So just like an ID.3 with a smaller range available early next year, which unkel and I are speculating will be around €28,000. Most first owners will break even on choosing a base ID.3 vs a base Golf over the first 3 years, unless they are doing exceptionally low mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yes got a documented quote for PCP for the Plus.
    I got quotes in the evening too. Dealer is waiting for the confirmation of the 3 month offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The market will quickly sort out that interest rate.

It's like the way the Zoe expects you to go midspec AND still pay 750 extra for CCS.

Fully expect the market to give Renault it's verdict on that idea when you can get into an e208 or Corsa E at similar money.

Same with this 4.9 percent APR.

Awkward if you actually had an ID3 on order expecting a lower interest rate though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

So just like an ID.3 with a smaller range available early next year, which unkel and I are speculating will be around €28,000. Most first owners will break even on choosing a base ID.3 vs a base Golf over the first 3 years, unless they are doing exceptionally low mileage.

Price is good to be fair

Still dont see the

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My initial point of people not having access to charge at home is more than valid.

Im really on the fence on what to do. Buying it will save me money as I'm not filling up the tank.Not as much as savings as I hoped due to the exorbitant interest rate.The 3 months payment offer will save me about 45€ pm of the monthly's for me if I spread the reduction over 33 months.(trying to justify the cost....every little helps:)

I was really enthusiastic about changing ,now I don't know. I think the interest rate deterred a hell of a lot of people from switching to electric .

Im really on the fence on what to do. Buying it will save me money as I'm not filling up the tank.Not as much as savings as I hoped due to the exorbitant interest rate.The 3 months payment offer will save me about 45€ pm of the monthly's for me if I spread the reduction over 33 months.(trying to justify the cost....every little helps:)

I was really enthusiastic about changing ,now I don't know. I think the interest rate deterred a hell of a lot of people from switching to electric .

If the interest rate was lower, the purchase price would be higher. Look at the monthlies, calculate your fuel savings and see how you do over the 3 years.
    We budgeted €350 per month before choosing the Ioniq, ended up paying €560. Over the three years we broke even, ended up keeping it, so far we're on 6 bonus months of getting the €200 back (though we would probably have saved that on petrol anyway due to not using the car due to Covid)

• Advertisement

If the interest rate was lower, the purchase price would be higher. Look at the monthlies, calculate your fuel savings and see how you do over the 3 years.
    We budgeted €350 per month before choosing the Ioniq, ended up paying €560. Over the three years we broke even, ended up keeping it, so far we're on 6 bonus months of getting the €200 back (though we would probably have saved that on petrol anyway due to not using the car due to Covid)

I can't see myself saving all that much.
    Current monthly's are 420€ with 80€ per month for fuel. so 500€ pm

ID.3 PCP offer is 495€ pm minus the 3 month payment offer.

Advertisement