Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Back on topic ... On the VW.ie website it states the ID3 GVW is 2260 Kgs. I’m presuming they actually meant GVWR ( rated maximum ) rather than unladen weight. If so, does anyone know what the unladen weight actually is. Otherwise if this is the unladen weight the car is one heavy bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The kerb weight is around 1650...

The kerb weight is around 1650...

Thanks for the info.

Sorry I'm wrong, this is the 1st weight from the official German specifications sheet they released the other day..

Weights
    Empty weight min. * 1,794 kg
    Perm. Total weight max. 2,260 kg
    Payload 416 - 541 kg

*The empty weight allows for a 68kg driver and 7kg luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just watched a Polo GTI smoke a BMW i3. How quicker is this than an i3..?

Hard to get decent pictures of the moonstone..here's a raw one and it doesn't look bad.

104533349-2941151895933745-8717665862067444709-n.jpg

Not sure about the colour, but sort of prefer the 18" wheels to the larger ones..

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Not sure about the colour, but sort of prefer the 18" wheels to the larger ones..

I'm not sure about any of the colours the moonstone is growing on me over the white.

The 18’s do look nice I agree. I’d guess you’d gain some efficiency too.

Sorry I'm wrong, this is the 1st weight from the official German specifications sheet they released the other day..

Weights
    Empty weight min. * 1,794 kg
    Perm. Total weight max. 2,260 kg
    Payload 416 - 541 kg

*The empty weight allows for a 68kg driver and 7kg luggage.

That’s super detail. Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

You don't see much of the manganese grey either. The moonstone is growing on me also. Cant see myself in a white car even though I think it looks the best out of all 4 colours. As for the makena turquoise..... I'll leave it at that...

Mike3287 wrote: »

Polo Gti with dsg is a nippy car, 1200kg/200bhp is nice, i3 has no chance at motorway speed against one

i3 with its 170bhp beats 300kg heavier Kona/eNiro off the line up to 80mph from vids I have seen

ID3 has similar power and weight to those 2, i'd expect i3 to beat it up to 80mph as well, underrated car the i3

We have 2 Kona EVs in work and up to motorway speed its very quick, after that a good diesel is a match for it, from my experience.

i3 is notably faster off the line compared to a Kona and E-Soul, probably E-Niro too, and this is the 94 Ah i3 Rex.

A damp or wet road and the Kona, E-Soul, Leaf etc will take forever to gain traction and is a right pain in the ass. This will make the id.3 much better to drive when you pull out of a junction on to a main road or pulling hard out of round-a-bouts where the Kona etc are a joke. Even int he Dry I managed to spin the wheels in the Kona, not impressive.

Polo dsg vs i3, i3 is limited to 140 Km/hr, but polo has a 30 Hp advantage and gearbox so naturally ev is limited at speed but the i3 has plenty of poke to the limit, the i3s is supposed to have a lot more poke than the extra claimed 15 hp would suggest.

• Advertisement

Irishjg wrote: »
    That’s super detail. Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.

Now you have the details what's your 2cent?

Now you have the details what's your 2cent?

I cancelled my pre order many months back because I was disappointed the longer 77kWh option wasn’t available on the 1st. The weight looks good so if they can keep the weight of the longer range in check I’m still interested. Hopefully by the time it’s available I’d imagine the reported software issues will be ironed out. But I would like an option for a heat pump to be included. If I was a first time EV buyer I would more than likely not have cancelled by pre order. Looking forward to what VW offer on the 77 and hopefully it will tick the rest of the boxes for me.

Anyone any idea when we will actually be able to see one?

Not before the ordering window closes, I read this morning they've only sold 10,000 out of the expected 30,000. Could be some deals to be had yet if True.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭daheff

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Almost 50k seems insane.

Why would you buy that over a Tesla?

Or a Niro/ioniq/leaf

So much for this being the price game changer.

Isn't it a lot cheaper than the Tesla, that's 48k while this is 34k.

Is there any pictures of the entry ones interior/seats. Loads for the plus and Max but can't find any for the standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The Renault Zoe is circa €30k new and a lot smaller and older than the iD.

Is there any pictures of the entry ones interior/seats. Loads for the plus and Max but can't find any for the standard one.

Seems to be the way with new cars before they hit the showrooms.
    Can mean either of two things.

1. It looks crap

2. It looks as good as the high spec ones (Probably more likely)

:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

i3 is notably faster off the line compared to a Kona and E-Soul, probably E-Niro too, and this is the 94 Ah i3 Rex.

A damp or wet road and the Kona, E-Soul, Leaf etc will take forever to gain traction and is a right pain in the ass. This will make the id.3 much better to drive when you pull out of a junction on to a main road or pulling hard out of round-a-bouts where the Kona etc are a joke. Even int he Dry I managed to spin the wheels in the Kona, not impressive.

Polo dsg vs i3, i3 is limited to 140 Km/hr, but polo has a 30 Hp advantage and gearbox so naturally ev is limited at speed but the i3 has plenty of poke to the limit, the i3s is supposed to have a lot more poke than the extra claimed 15 hp would suggest.

Yeah the i3 is wicked to drive, no comparison to the Kona, class car, like a hot hatch

Its light too, 1300kg or so

ID3 with 30hp more and almost 500kg heavier won't be nearly as responsive or nippy, will still be alot better than Kona or eNiro because of rwd

• Advertisement

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Yeah the i3 is wicked to drive, no comparison to the Kona, class car, like a hot hatch

Its light too, 1300kg or so

ID3 with 30hp more and almost 500kg heavier won't be nearly as responsive or nippy, will still be alot better than Kona or eNiro because of rwd

Yes the i3 has a little more hp/Tonne, but is also more expensive, I was quoted €42K for one with a few basic extras. It's also a smaller car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Moonstone Grey is available on the new Passat’s in the UK also, might be able to get some better pictures of the colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

road_high wrote: »
    The Renault Zoe is circa €30k new and a lot smaller and older than the iD.

Older? It’s a few months old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Has anyone else got a cash price from their dealer? I was told the price in the product guide is the price, no movement.

The finance deals are poor at 4.9% for the PCP or 5.9% for the HP. Especially when the majority of the cars on the VW site are available at 0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Mr Q wrote: »
    Has anyone else got a cash price from their dealer? I was told the price in the product guide is the price, no movement.

The finance deals are poor at 4.9% for the PCP or 5.9% for the HP. Especially when the majority of the cars on the VW site are available at 0%.

I received a quote for the plus. €42119. Same as the list price plus additional delivery and paint costs. No discount there. Can’t see them giving any either. They will use the 3 months Free payments as the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Mr Q wrote: »

Got the exact same. Think its the way. Best thing ye can do is max your trade in

pearsefitz wrote: »
    Got the exact same. Think its the way. Best thing ye can do is max your trade in

If they can pay you more than your cars worth there's wiggle room with no trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hard to get decent pictures of the moonstone..here's a raw one and it doesn't look bad.

The moonstone does look good overall, but it makes the front grill look cheap.
    The front grill looks much better in all other colours including the white.

A neighbour has a flat darker grey called Uranograu on a mk7 Golf and it looks fine but it is awful mean of VW that the base colour isn't white or red as it used to be.
    The benefit of flat grey is that it will be easier to keep as the car gets old. It will be more successfully detailed, polished, wetsanded, compound than either white or red.
    I'm hoping the base models put pressure on Renault to add CCS charging and pedestrian protection/lane assist as standard and drop the purchase price of the battery. At present they are charging €8000 for both 40 and 52KwH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

To be fair Red/White were always only just free in Ireland. The were a cost option everywhere else.

Urano Grey was always the base colour, and it’s a terrible colour.

Advertisement