Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

The APR across all ID3 PCP products will be set at 4.9%. From the main dealer in Galway city.

Also it’s only the ID3 plus cars they’ll have....!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There is no Max to be had it's only the long range and the plus. Max there saying November and has to be registered by end of December.

There is no Max to be had it's only the long range and the plus. Max there saying November and has to be registered by end of December.

Is it not the same range on all the 1st editions? Give or take a few miles for bigger wheels/spec.

Is it not the same range on all the 1st editions? Give or take a few miles for bigger wheels/spec.

It is just some are longer than others, 409km for Max, 424km for entry.
    I'm guessing the range is better than stated as they've a 64kw/h battery but only being advertised as 58kw/h to give them wriggle room on the battery warranty. I've seen a few journalists hint at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You're going to continue to confuse everyone if you keep going with this long range stuff.... there is no long range 1st edition.

409km vs 424km... an extra 15km does not make it long range!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

KCross wrote: »
    You're going to continue to confuse everyone if you keep going with this long range stuff.... there is no long range 1st edition.
    In fairness the VW material is incredibly confusing/obfuscating.

Would it have killed them to produce a simple table enumerating the different permutations of battery pack size and trim level?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: To avoid confusion, do not refer to the various versions of the ID.3 1st as long range, there are 3 models available ID.3 1st, ID.3 1st Plus, and ID.3 1st Max.

There are future versions of the ID.3 with a smaller (45kWh) and larger battery (77kWh) , these are commonly referred to as the short and long range versions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Lumen wrote: »
    In fairness the VW material is incredibly confusing/obfuscating.

Would it have killed them to produce a simple table enumerating the different permutations of battery pack size and trim level?

They haven't yet because only the mid range is available in 3 different specs.

liamog wrote: »

and ranges...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

This is more of the dealers confusing information. I was told 3.9 for the IDplan and 4.9 pcp.
    the poster you quoted works for one of the VW dealers..

• Advertisement

and ranges...

For the purposes of avoiding confusion, we're going to treat the ID.3 1st in it's various trim levels as having the same range.

shanec1928 wrote: »

That's something to be careful of, my experience doesn't match what's been posted here. Careful of friendly PM's as well.

That's something to be careful of, my experience doesn't match what's been posted here. Careful of friendly PM's as well.

I got an email of the finance person in main dealer this morning saying it’s 4.9% on all pcp packages of the id. Also theres’s only one version, of the 3 trim levels of the 1st available to order for sep delivery, and that’s the €42k plus version.

Except they do make references to the different range variants in the material, e.g. (quoting from one of the ID.3 official brochures)
    However, depending on the usage profile, 80 % of the drivers will be able to drive between 230 and 330 km with the smaller battery variant (45 kWh, net), between 300 and 420 km with the mid-sized battery variant (58 kWh, net) and between 390 and 550 km with the large battery variant (77 kWh, net) without having to recharge

So this isn't some fantasy future model range, this is all well-planned out and WLTP tested, but they're choosing to obfuscate it.

Except they do make references to the different range variants in the material, e.g. (quoting from one of the ID.3 official brochures)

So this isn't some fantasy future model range, this is all well-planned out and WLTP tested, but they're choosing to obfuscate it.

That's just down to the different wheel sizes and weight.
    VW aren't selling the ID.3 1st as the 'long range' version, that's just something people have picked up on because the WLTP range is slightly higher because it has 18 inch wheels instead of the 20s.

When the range difference due to wheel choice is about 15km, it's kind of redundant, especially as in the next 18 months, the range will be 330-550km depending on which battery size you pick.

That's just down to the different wheel sizes and weight.
    VW aren't selling the ID.3 1st as the 'long range' version, that's just something people have picked up on because the WLTP range is slightly higher because it has 18 inch wheels instead of the 20s.

No, read the quote I posted. VW make specific reference to three different sized battery packs: 45kWh, 58kWh, 77 kWh.

I understand they're not taking orders for cars with the other pack sizes yet, but they are referred to in the current brochures.

No, read the quote I posted. VW make specific reference to three different sized battery packs: 45kWh, 58kWh, 77 kWh.

Exactly, whereas the confusion I'm trying to put a stop too, is drunkmonkey referring to the ID.3 1st (58kWh) as the long range edition, because it has a higher range than the ID.3 1st Plus (58kWh), and the ID.3 1st Max (58kWh) due to the wheels sizes.

You've demonstrated exactly the confusion I'm trying to avoid.

Exactly, whereas the confusion I'm trying to put a stop too, is drunkmonkey referring to the ID.3 1st (58kWh) as the long range edition, because it has a higher range than the ID.3 1st Plus (58kWh), and the ID.3 1st Max (58kWh) due to the wheels sizes.

You've demonstrated exactly the confusion I'm trying to avoid.

In this 1st edition thread, the 1st has the longest range of the 3 1st editions. I don't think you can brush they under the carpet as it's within the context of the thread.
    It's more than wheel size, 14k of extras add a bit of weight.

anyway deal done, went for the 1st which goes the furthest:p Delivery August/Start of September, Happy enough with the deal I think.

In this 1st edition thread, the 1st has the longest range of the 3 1st editions. I don't think you can brush they under the carpet as it's within the context of the thread.

anyway deal done, went for the 1st which goes the furthest:p Delivery August/Start of September, Happy enough with the deal I think.

Congrats, is that the €34k one?

Well wear, congrats on placing your order.

• Advertisement

Congrats, is that the €34k one?

Well was a little less but ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

What deal you get?

PCP?

Interest rate?

Trade in, scrappage?

That’s interesting as the main dealer in Galway city has told me the €42k one is only available to order in Ireland for sep. He’s obviously wrong as you’ve ordered your €34k one! Total rubbish from VW!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear drunkmonkey! It would help a lot of others if you could share the details of the deal you did. But in any case, less than €34k on the road is not bad for a decent 58kWh EV!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

As a very very long term poster and contributor I take insult from that post!

shanec1928 wrote: »

Who drunkmoney?

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear drunkmonkey! It would help a lot of others if you could share the details of the deal you did. But in any case, less than €34k on the road is not bad for a decent 58kWh EV!

It would for sure

Not everyone is as open and honest as you Unkel

Don't get the secrecy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

Congrats, best wishes with car whenever..
    Are you the first purchaser on Boards?
    What colour did you settle on in the end?

I am awaiting a price from my dealer, according to him all specs are still available. Only bit of info I could get is that 50 are sold already in country..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Welcome to the club. Ordered the 1st in moonstone grey last Friday myself.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »

I won't do it to the dealer, all I'll say is there is wiggle room. Everyman for himself:)

Advertisement