Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Welcome to the club. Ordered the 1st in moonstone grey last Friday myself.

Yes I went for moonstone as well, the dealer has a white on the way I could have nearly had that at the same price.

L-M wrote: »
    As a very very long term poster and contributor I take insult from that post!

Sorry wasn't referring to you...you never sent me a quote via pm..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yes I went for moonstone as well, the dealer has a white on the way I could have nearly had that at the same price.
    I couldn’t get any discount on the price because of the potential trade in. Only got extra €250 for the trade in. If I sell privately will need to renegotiate the discount:)

I couldn’t get any discount on the price because of the potential trade in. Only got extra €250 for the trade in. If I sell privately will need to renegotiate the discount:)

I went straight, no trade in. Over 2mts to sell my own shouldn't be a problem. Trade in catches you on discount alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I went straight, no trade in. Over 2mts to sell my own shouldn't be a problem. Trade in catches you on discount alright.
    He was claiming that they get a fixed fee from VW. No wiggle room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Congrats drunk monkey. Well wear.

I have just ordered mine, went for the Plus in moonstone grey with white steering wheel.

This is probably my first car purchase where I am very nervous about my decision ( having never driven the car)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I think that is part of the new agency model they are moving too. Dealers will be getting a fixed fee to handle the customer relationship so much less wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

did u sign any paperwork? my dealer said there is no need to sign anything now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

Congrats drunk monkey. Well wear.

I have just ordered mine, went for the Plus in moonstone grey with white steering wheel.

This is probably my first car purchase where I am very nervous about my decision ( having never driven the car)

Congrats,

Love the lighter interior with the orange, but not sure if I would be brave enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Same with my guy, though it sounds like not all dealers have the same knowledge.
    I my dealings it’s €42k and that’s it

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Congrats,

Love the lighter interior with the orange, but not sure if I would be brave enough..
    Didn’t go for the orange.. not brave enough either.
    Went with dusty grey dark/electric white.

Same with my guy, though it sounds like not all dealers have the same knowledge.
    I my dealings it’s €42k and that’s it

42 K for e-niro ? not far behind Model 3 SR at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

42 K for e-niro ? not far behind Model 3 SR at that rate.

No for the ID3 Plus

Doesn’t look that there’s much uptake yet.
    I count 3 ordered for the ID3 on this thread.
    Maybe there’s more but I don’t think they will hit the 400 ear marked for the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Doesn’t look that there’s much uptake yet.
    I count 3 ordered for the ID3 on this thread.
    Maybe there’s more but I don’t think they will hit the 400 ear marked for the Irish market.
    Add me to that list, ordered standard in moonstone grey on Friday. No paperwork though...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

McHonda wrote: »
    Add me to that list, ordered standard in moonstone grey on Friday. No paperwork though...

i just did the same. standard in moonstone grey. could not justified €7k more for the plus even though i would love to have it.

no paperwork sign as well. are others the same?

McHonda wrote: »

Congrats McHonda
    That’s 4 so far..

Congrats, is that the €34k one?

Just to clarify this, as you were all taking consumer prices, I said I bought the 34k one, As I'm buying it through my business I don't qualify for the 5k SEAI grant so my buy price is 5k more, I did get a substantial discount off that as I wasn't financing or trading in.
    If you haven't a trade in there's definitely wriggle room with some dealers. I don't want to say the buy price here wouldn't be fair on the dealer.
    I do get 3k off my tax bill with the accelerated capital allowance and including that the car did come in sub 34k..
    I'll let some of the matamicians here work that one out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Guess the moral of the story is if you didn’t get money off your ID ,the dealer did his job and you didn’t do yours.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Add me to the list too. I was intending to get the Max version, but they won't start production until November and you have to register it in 2020 to get the incentives. So went for the Plus in white on the ID Plan. First 3 months free and a good trade in value too. Ordered last Thursday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Guess the moral of the story is if you didn’t get money off your ID ,the dealer did his job and you didn’t do yours.

Not really applicable

Drunkmonkey is comparing apples to oranges

He's buying through his business

B2B and B2C prices are always different

I'd discard this until a regular consumer gets money off

Couldn't even see Unkel getting much off a 58kWh €34,000 ID3

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Not really applicable

Drunkmonkey is comparing apples to oranges

He's buying through his business

B2B and B2C prices are always different

I'd discard this until a regular consumer gets money off

Couldn't even see Unkel getting much off a 58kWh €34,000 ID3

The cost price of the cars is all the same. Mine started off life the same price as everyone else's.
    The SEAI Grant and VRT rebate don't cost the dealer anything.
    It's Apples and Apples when you take the grants out of the equation.

The cost price of the cars is all the same. Mine started off life the same price as everyone else's.
    The SEAI Grant and VRT rebate don't cost the dealer anything.
    It's Apples and Apples when you take the grants out of the equation.

Your buying through a business, that makes it different

If your not going to give a price

Can you give the dealer?

This is why I like Tesla's model

Your buying through a business, that makes it different

If your not going to give a price

Can you give the dealer?

This is why I like Tesla's model

It makes no difference, granted if I was buying 10, but it's a single director company only buying 1 car.

I gave the price give or take €500, you just need to work it out.

This is exactly why I don't like Tesla, couldn't get €10 off. Fixed pricing is anti-consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

It makes no difference, granted if I was buying 10, but it's a single director company only buying 1 car.

This is exactly why I don't like Tesla, couldn't get €10 off. Fixed pricing is anti-consumer.

Stupid question - could you have bought the car privately, got the 5k Seai grant and then sold it to your business next day and still claimed the accelerated depreciation? Guess that type of approach is specifically not allowed?

Casati wrote: »
    Stupid question - could you have bought the car privately, got the 5k Seai grant and then sold it to your business next day and still claimed the accelerated depreciation? Guess that type of approach is specifically not allowed?

I was thinking of it and asked the dealer, he thought there was a catch your have to keep it so long, I think you can claim the ACA if it's under 6mts old...I probably should really check it out...anyone know?
    Would be a cheap car, sub 30k.

Possibly true

B2B and B2C will always be different imo

So the bones of €30,000 for a 58kWh ID3, that is good

Did you add any extra's?

Just the optional diesel generator....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Possibly true

B2B and B2C will always be different imo

So the bones of €30,000 for a 58kWh ID3, that is good

Did you add any extra's?

You may want to take out that calculator again!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement

80sDiesel wrote: »
    You may want to take out that calculator again!

Fishing ;)

Discount wasn't that big then?

Advertisement