Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Did anyone get any solid delivery date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Did anyone get any solid delivery date yet?

Joe Duffy Airside said possibly the end of August but more likely will be the start of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Buying through a business is different as the manufacturer is supporting “Fleet discount”, it’s not applicable to private consumers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

L-M wrote: »
    Buying through a business is different as the manufacturer is supporting “Fleet discount”, it’s not applicable to private consumers.

Thank you

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

I couldn’t get any discount on the price because of the potential trade in. Only got extra €250 for the trade in. If I sell privately will need to renegotiate the discount:)

Hoping to trade in aswell. Only extra €250 sounds like a good deal. Can I ask was that for PCP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Congrats McHonda
    That’s 4 so far..
    To those that have ordered, has anything changed on your pre-booking page? Is this supposed to change or do we cancel the pre-booking to get the deposit back?

McHonda wrote: »
    To those that have ordered, has anything changed on your pre-booking page? Is this supposed to change or do we cancel the pre-booking to get the deposit back?
    The dealer told me it will take a few days to get confirmation of the order with VW.
    When this is confirmed VW will initiate the refund of €1000. Takes up to 10 days for refund to hit your bank account.
    I assume you will then see the pre booking page change.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

The dealer told me it will take a few days to get confirmation of the order with VW.
    When this is confirmed VW will initiate the refund of €1000. Takes up to 10 days for refund to hit your bank account.
    I assume you will then see the pre booking page change.
    My dealer claims that the €1000 will be transferred to the dealership. I asked to write a €1000 as a cash deposit them. All seem to be really weird and unprofessional from VW.

heron_joe wrote: »
    Hoping to trade in aswell. Only extra €250 sounds like a good deal. Can I ask was that for PCP?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My dealer claims that the €1000 will be transferred to the dealership. I asked to write a €1000 as a cash deposit them. All seem to be really weird and unprofessional from VW.

That’s wrong. You’ll get the money back. Then up to the dealer whether they want another deposit from you (They should)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was told VW will refund it. Gave a separate deposit.

L-M wrote: »
    That’s wrong. You’ll get the money back. Then up to the dealer whether they want another deposit from you (They should)

I agree VW always stated that the €1000 prebooking deposit was not part of the downpayment for the car. You will receive it back. It will not go to the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Anyone talking to dealers without reserving online or is reserving online a mandatory step?

Is the GMFV definitely set at 30% for PCP?

Do EV's have an OBD port? Just wondering if you'll be able to connect to it and change functions/features like a normal VW...

heron_joe wrote: »
    Anyone talking to dealers without reserving online or is reserving online a mandatory step?

Is the GMFV definitely set at 30% for PCP?

I'd say just talk to a dealer..

51% I thought for PCP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do EV's have an OBD port? Just wondering if you'll be able to connect to it and change functions/features like a normal VW...

They do.
    To do anything useful you usually need an app specific to your EV though.

Scanmytesla, leafspy etc which decodes the data.

I’d imagine you’ll need to wait a while for an ID.3 to be deciphered and an app released.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Pondering the question before I order,
    Is the plus version worth the extra €7k?
    It seems a lot for extras that don’t hold their value. There’s only about a grands worth of them I’d like. Coming from a golf with self park to no reverse camera is annoying.

I'd say just talk to a dealer..

51% I thought for PCP
    42% for 1st anyway. On Facebook there’re reports of ab 40% for plus and 37% for max

It seems a lot for extras that don’t hold their value. There’s only about a grands worth of them I’d like. Coming from a golf with self park to no reverse camera is annoying.
    Self park is a gimmick. Have it on my golf estate but most of times it’s faster to do it yourself. I couldn’t justify 7k for the extras which I believe are not worth that much.

I agree VW always stated that the €1000 prebooking deposit was not part of the downpayment for the car. You will receive it back. It will not go to the dealer.
    We will see. I def knew more ab the car than he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Pcp final value is 14k for standard and for plus is 16k so there is your answer...

Self park is a gimmick. Have it on my golf estate but most of times it’s faster to do it yourself. I couldn’t justify 7k for the extras which I believe are not worth that much.

I find it handy tbh, I’d pay a few hundred for it. I think the winking lights and play /pause pedals are more gimmicky. I agree with your post about knowing more about the car than the dealer, same here.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

KCross wrote: »
    They do.
    To do anything useful you usually need an app specific to your EV though.

Scanmytesla, leafspy etc which decodes the data.

I’d imagine you’ll need to wait a while for an ID.3 to be deciphered and an app released.

You can use OBDEleven which is the VW equivalent of Bimmercode on the e-Golf and e-Up.
    It will probably take a little longer on the ID.3 because of the new platform.

Is the rear camera still under the VW badge on the boot? Might be straight forward enough add the reversing camera like the MK7 Golf if so. Probably cost about €700/800. Still leaves €6.2k for pimpin.

83218352-3519992714681770-4526809203089310283-o.jpg

Is the rear camera still under the VW badge on the boot? Might be straight forward enough add the reversing camera like the MK7 Golf if so. Probably cost about €700/800. Still leaves €6.2k for pimpin.

83218352-3519992714681770-4526809203089310283-o.jpg

That would be great

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Pcp final value is 14k for standard and for plus is 16k so there is your answer...

At how many kms per year ?

that seems drastically low and this just makes PCP unattractive because the idea of PCP is that you put as little money into the car as possible.

With a PCP GFMV that low the monthly payments will be high and deposit will probably need to be higher.

So after year 3, if you have 14K balloon you are more likely to pay off than if you have say 20 or 25K and this is the stick that gets you locked in to PCP after PCP. not that I suggest this but it's a good option for someone who wants to change every 3 years.

At how many kms per year ?

that seems drastically low and this just makes PCP unattractive because the idea of PCP is that you put as little money into the car as possible.

With a PCP GFMV that low the monthly payments will be high and deposit will probably need to be higher.

So after year 3, if you have 14K balloon you are more likely to pay off than if you have say 20 or 25K and this is the stick that gets you locked in to PCP after PCP. not that I suggest this but it's a good option for someone who wants to change every 3 years.

20kkms per year. On other hand you should get good equity for your next pcp cycle to use as deposit?

kris_2021 wrote: »
    20kkms per year. On other hand you should get good equity for your next pcp cycle to use as deposit?

Not always, giv eyour car into a non vw dealer and they'll tell you " we won't sell it, we'll sell it to the trade" and give you rock bottom price so I wouldn't bet on it unless you go to VW dealer and start a new PCP but either way that is a gamble, at such poor pcp deals I'd rather save up more and just pay HP for half the value of the car and save a some thousands in interest.

Very poor PCP deals, seriously, on Kia E-Niro and ID.3 but the only value anyone should expect at the end is the GFMV, no more, it's a real risk to take if someone is depending or hoping on getting more than the GFMV at the end.

Not always, giv eyour car into a non vw dealer and they'll tell you " we won't sell it, we'll sell it to the trade" and give you rock bottom price so I wouldn't bet on it unless you go to VW dealer and start a new PCP but either way that is a gamble, at such poor pcp deals I'd rather save up more and just pay HP for half the value of the car and save a some thousands in interest.

Very poor PCP deals, seriously, on Kia E-Niro and ID.3 but the only value anyone should expect at the end is the GFMV, no more, it's a real risk to take if someone is depending or hoping on getting more than the GFMV at the end.

I would be shocked if eniro or id3 first is not worth more then 14k after 3 years... I would imagine they should be still worth 20k min.

• Advertisement

The new IDplan PCP is also available with 0% or 10% deposit. With a 10% deposit it works out at €602 pm and €20,300 GFMV after 3yrs. That’s on the €42k plus version.

Advertisement