Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Figured I'd have a look at the Golf 8 spec to compare against the base ID.3 1st.

Comparing against the automatic diesel. The Golf Life has a recommended on the road price of €33,495.
    You do get an auto dimming mirror and a wireless phone charger extra. All in all I think they've not done too bad when compared to the €34,425 for the ID.3, especially considering the ID.3 has the performance upgrade which the Golf Life doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

liamog wrote: »
    Figured I'd have a look at the Golf 8 spec to compare against the base ID.3 1st.

Comparing against the automatic diesel. The Golf Life has a recommended on the road price of €33,495.
    You do get an auto dimming mirror and a wireless phone charger extra. All in all I think they've not done too bad when compared to the €34,425 for the ID.3, especially considering the ID.3 has the performance upgrade which the Golf Life doesn't.

And you get the fuel savings with the ID3. So looks like you have chosen the better deal. I would also think/ hope that the ID.3 would have a better GMFV in 3 years time over a golf diesel.
    I suspect within the next 5 years people buying EVs is going to skyrocket and diesels will be worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

I was quizzing the dealer on the phone today about a few things, including the We Charge free public charging access up to 2000kWh.
    He stated that this offer is limited to Ionity chargers, so it's of limited usefulness unless one is passing an Ionity charger regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

pdpmur wrote: »
    I was quizzing the dealer on the phone today about a few things, including the We Charge free public charging access up to 2000kWh.
    He stated that this offer is limited to Ionity chargers, so it's of limited usefulness unless one is passing an Ionity charger regularly.
    The product info for the ID3 1st says free access at public charging points

The new IDplan PCP is also available with 0% or 10% deposit. With a 10% deposit it works out at €602 pm and €20,300 GFMV after 3yrs. That’s on the €42k plus version.

For how many kms ? 0% interest is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

See enclosed screengrab from a bit of the 1st product guide that I got last week for the 1st.
    From this and my conversation with the dealer, it seems to me that "free" charging is limited to Ionity and whatever other networks are otherwise free anyway at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

pdpmur wrote: »

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/ID-3-1ST-ProductGuide.pdf

That document says it includes ESB points: 'At Volkswagen, we want to thank you for being our customer. As a We Charge customer, buyers of the exclusive ID.3 1st
    Edition receive free access at public charging points for one year or a maximum of 2,000 kWh, whichever occurs soonest*.
    This is accessible through IONITY, high performance charging network, and all public charging points connected with the We
    Charge service including the ESB ecars charging network.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

There was talk of chargers being installed at all VW garages for customer use.

Rapid? Fast? Who knows. :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There was talk of chargers being installed at all VW garages for customer use.

Rapid? Fast? Who knows. :p

Frank Keane Liffey Valley have installed a new rapid charger, I'm not sure of the specs or whether customers are allowed to access it.

On the road mid spec 46K, that's not a long way off a model 3 SR, which has much faster acceleration AP and much faster charging so, I'm just curious as to why People are more attracted to the ID.3.

More range perhaps ? more normal looking inside ?

Range, how much more range ?

Does it seem worth it when the Model 3 seems much better ?

The lowest spec ? how bad is it ?

• Advertisement

On the road mid spec 46K, that's not a long way off a model 3 SR, which has much faster acceleration AP and much faster charging so, I'm just curious as to why People are more attracted to the ID.3.

That's the business price, private price has a ROTR the road of €41,395.

L-M wrote: »
    That’s wrong. You’ll get the money back. Then up to the dealer whether they want another deposit from you (They should)
    Just got an email from Volkswagen congratulating me on redeeming the prebookers code and ordering the car. They will now initiate the refund of the deposit. Let’s see what happens now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭zg3409

JPA wrote: »
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/ID-3-1ST-ProductGuide.pdf

That document says it includes ESB points: 'At Volkswagen, we want to thank you for being our customer. As a We Charge customer, buyers of the exclusive ID.3 1st
    Edition receive free access at public charging points for one year or a maximum of 2,000 kWh, whichever occurs soonest*.
    This is accessible through IONITY, high performance charging network, and all public charging points connected with the We
    Charge service including the ESB ecars charging network.'

Note in the first table on that PDF it says free AC charging, not DC charging. AC (22kW) is free now anyway. but fees will be introduced early next year (delayed from this year due to covit). They mention to download the esb app. ESB did have 'roaming' on other non Irish cards, which stopped working when fees came in.

Theoretically it is possible for a deal to be done with esb or a multinational partner, and comments over the phone from a dealer may not be accurate.

However I would not assume free DC charging at 50kW+ will happen on esb chargers. That said as an EV owner I have given esb less than 20 euro for 50kW chargers since the fees came in, as 99% of topping up is at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

zg3409 wrote: »
    as an EV owner I have given esb less than 20 euro for 50kW chargers since the fees came in

My total stands at €1.11 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Just got an email from Volkswagen congratulating me on redeeming the prebookers code and ordering the car. They will now initiate the refund of the deposit. Let’s see what happens now:)

anything changed on your login site when you login to VW website? did you sign anything with the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    My total stands at €1.11 :D

There's lots of money to be made on charging networks! ;)

kris_2021 wrote: »
    anything changed on your login site when you login to VW website? did you sign anything with the dealer?

VW website says “the voucher has been redeemed, thank you”. Got the order form from the dealer, didn’t sign anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

After a lot of wheeling and dealing over the last 3 days I have finally agreed on buying a Basic Metallic White ID3. Paid 1K deposit, they said my 1K booking fee would be returned by VW. Would have preferred the Plus but couldn't justify the extra almost 7K. At least most of the important stuff for me is there, LEDs, adaptive cruise, lane assist and big info screen.

Was also trying hard on a Niro, there appear to be many available in the country now, even your colour choice could be had. I probably could have got one for about 4.5K more than the ID3, so looks as though there may be a bit of price give with them. (I was trading in)

What am I, No 6 to purchase on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Congrats eagerv
    I think you’re no. 6

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

eagerv wrote: »
    After a lot of wheeling and dealing over the last 3 days I have finally agreed on buying a Basic Metallic White ID3. Paid 1K deposit, they said my 1K booking fee would be returned by VW. Would have preferred the Plus but couldn't justify the extra almost 7K. At least most of the important stuff for me is there, LEDs, adaptive cruise, lane assist and big info screen.

Was also trying hard on a Niro, there appear to be many available in the country now, even your colour choice could be had. I probably could have got one for about 4.5K more than the ID3, so looks as though there may be a bit of price give with them. (I was trading in)

What am I, No 6 to purchase on this forum?

Congrats!

Would you give us an idea how you got on ... what you were trading and what you had to add roughly? Would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Has anybody got a handle on the interior of the 33K model?
    Those who are buying.... apart from colours, have you any feeling for, or info on the seats for example? I'm currently in a Golf Tsi with sports/ bucket seats which I find really comfortable. Some cars I've taken test drives in recently I find not as good or a bit floppy. Hesitant to buy a car without seeing it and sitting in it, but if I knew the seats are as good as the golf, I might be tempted.... Any info appreciated :)

Congrats!

Would you give us an idea how you got on ... what you were trading and what you had to add roughly? Would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi, would rather not go into too much detail at the moment re price.
    I was trading in a 171 Honda Civic 1.5 S-GT Spec.

The first quote I got from VW was similar to what I got from Tesla, ie rubbish. I more or less told them where to go, more or less resigned to the fact that the ID3 wasn't for me. Typical dealers, when they heard I was probably buying a Niro they came up almost as good. (What I reckoned my car was worth- It's almost €35K new now, could be got for €28K when I bought)

Those who are buying.... apart from colours, have you any feeling for, or info on the seats for example? I'm currently in a Golf Tsi with sports/ bucket seats which I find really comfortable. Some cars I've taken test drives in recently I find not as good or a bit floppy. Hesitant to buy a car without seeing it and sitting in it, but if I knew the seats are as good as the golf, I might be tempted.... Any info appreciated :)

No idea, we are really buying a pig in a poke!:)

I would hope from looking at the few Youtube videos that the high driving position (Similar to crossovers) would be comfortable and spacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I would hope from looking at the few Youtube videos that the high driving position (Similar to crossovers) would be comfortable and spacious.

I sat in the car at Weston and it's lower than the e-Niro I drive.

I sat in the car at Weston and it's lower than the e-Niro I drive.

Yes, but more like a crossover than a regular saloon probably

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They look comfy...I'm not sure if the green tinge is for the green car, and grey for the grey car etc...

Screenshot-20200623-170447.jpg

I reckon I know my way around the internet well and that's the most I can find and that's out of the sales brocher...I can't find anything else on Google or YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

For how many kms ? 0% interest is pretty good.

It’s 4.9%, the 0% is the deposit. 20,000km 0.06cent per km over

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Actually the seats must not be color specific, just noticed that's a white car they were taken in you can tell by the door pillar in the first photo..

Info is very scarce for the 1st model. I only sat in the plus and max models in Frankfurt. Not sure whether we’re going to get a split folding backrest. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won’t have illuminated vanity mirrors or handles at back. Apparent absence of the auto dimming mirror is also a let down. I guess we need to wait and see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Hi, would rather not go into too much detail at the moment re price.
    I was trading in a 171 Honda Civic 1.5 S-GT Spec.

The first quote I got from VW was similar to what I got from Tesla, ie rubbish. I more or less told them where to go, more or less resigned to the fact that the ID3 wasn't for me. Typical dealers, when they heard I was probably buying a Niro they came up almost as good. (What I reckoned my car was worth- It's almost €35K new now, could be got for €28K when I bought)

Congrats on the purchase! So you ended up not trading in?

Advertisement