Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭eagerv

Info is very scarce for the 1st model. I only sat in the plus and max models in Frankfurt. Not sure whether we’re going to get a split folding backrest. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won’t have illuminated vanity mirrors or handles at back. Apparent absence of the auto dimming mirror is also a let down. I guess we need to wait and see..

Yes it will be missing a lot of bits that I have had to over the last number of years (And probably rarely needed or used). However expecting it to be a good drivers car with nice power and range.

heron_joe wrote: »
    Congrats on the purchase! So you ended up not trading in?

Incorrect. I did trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

eagerv wrote: »
    Yes it will be missing a lot of bits that I have had to over the last number of years (And probably rarely needed or used). However expecting it to be a good drivers car with nice power and range.

Congrats. I’m exactly the same. More than lightly will go for the basic 1st this week. I really hope the quality of the finish on the seats/dash/doors isn’t like a treadline spec....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Incorrect. I did trade in.
    Cool, hoping to do similar if the quotes work out.

Congrats. I’m exactly the same. More than lightly will go for the basic 1st this week. I really hope the quality of the finish on the seats/dash/doors isn’t like a treadline spec....

Best of luck, if you are trading fight hard!!
    The only thing I can add is that they told me colour choices will become more difficult on the basic model. ( Probably the best seller at the moment)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

On the road mid spec 46K, that's not a long way off a model 3 SR, which has much faster acceleration AP and much faster charging so, I'm just curious as to why People are more attracted to the ID.3.

More range perhaps ? more normal looking inside ?

Range, how much more range ?

Does it seem worth it when the Model 3 seems much better ?

The lowest spec ? how bad is it ?

There's a 14k difference between the 1st and the Model 3, are you sure your not looking at the price of the Tesla after they've fudged it by taking the fuel savings off the cost price. You can't use the price of the plus for comparison it's not fair.

Range, we just don't know the difference if any yet.

Model 3 doesn't seem much better, it's one of the worst interiors I've ever seen in a car. You can't even open the glove box without going at the screen. As for the plastic door handles and crap finish I've seen better built hotwheels. So the expectation is the VW will be better.

The lowest spec, how bad is it, seriously now your just having a laugh.

The only thing I can add is that they told me colour choices will become more difficult on the basic model. ( Probably the best seller at the moment)

It's why I kinda panicked and ordered Monday just in case they ran out of colours. I presume they only made so many of each based on the initial feedback from deposit holders.
    The 1st will definitely be the best seller I reckon but how many of us told the dealers we'd be going plus or Max last year.

It's why I kinda panicked and ordered Monday just in case they ran out of colours. I presume they only made so many of each based on the initial feedback from deposit holders.
    The 1st will definitely be the best seller I reckon but how many of us told the dealers we'd be going plus or Max last year.

Yes I told them I prefered a white plus last year..

There's a 14k difference between the 1st and the Model 3, are you sure your not looking at the price of the Tesla after they've fudged it by taking the fuel savings off the cost price. You can't use the price of the plus for comparison it's not fair.

Range, we just don't know the difference if any yet.

Model 3 doesn't seem much better, it's one of the worst interiors I've ever seen in a car. You can't even open the glove box without going at the screen. As for the plastic door handles and crap finish I've seen better built hotwheels. So the expectation is the VW will be better.

The lowest spec, how bad is it, seriously now your just having a laugh.

I think Mad Lad is at work and shouldn't be thumbing away on that mobile..:D

Yes I told them I prefered a white plus last year..

There could be a fire sale on white plus yet.

• Advertisement

Not trading. I had a look at Manganese grey on a Passat or something at dealer, it’s basically black. I’ve had two black cars recently, I’m not a fan of white and as for the green/blue.....so I’m going to go for the moonstone, as it’s a new color, hopefully it looks good🀞

Not trading. I had a look at Manganese grey on a Passat or something at dealer, it’s basically black. I’ve had two black cars recently, I’m not a fan of white and as for the green/blue.....so I’m going to go for the moonstone, as it’s a new color, hopefully it looks good��

It's my second choice, and may actually be what I get. They have booked me for the white but will not be able to confirm until tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It's my second choice, and may actually be what I get. They have booked me for the white but will not be able to confirm until tomorrow..

You can never tell with sales people, but for what it's worth, I was told country is allocated 50 firsts and there should be no problem ordering plus versions right up to the end of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

You can never tell with sales people, but for what it's worth, I was told country is allocated 50 firsts and there should be no problem ordering plus versions right up to the end of the window.
    I was also told that there are only 50 1sts allocated to Ireland. They’re banking on the plus version.

As you know it’s not metallic, so it could save you €700.

Possibly true, I would say many have gone for the Basic rather than the Plus.
    Price wise I was a bit disappointed with the plus and pleasantly surprised with the basic.

I was also told that there are only 50 1sts allocated to Ireland. They’re banking on the plus version.

Surely all prebookers will get a 1st if they order within the 4weeks? I thought that was the whole point of putting the €1,000 down last summer!

As you know it’s not metallic, so it could save you €700.

€724 and they know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Surely all prebookers will get a 1st if they order within the 4weeks? I thought that was the whole point of putting the €1,000 down last summer!

Perhaps, but maybe not in September.

Perhaps, but maybe not in September.

I’ll have to say this wasn’t mentioned as a possibility to me, but could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭yer man!

Been tracking these cars for a while now and checked to see what they will cost here in The Netherlands, €38000 for the ID.3 1st, the cheapest one :-(

The grant is only €4000 here, Ireland is getting a fairly good deal with the ~€34k price on the same model. Will probably still buy one in a few years anyway, but still.

It’s 4.9%, the 0% is the deposit. 20,000km 0.06cent per km over

I'd be pretty fecked at my mileage around 35-40k Kms a year, Still I don't think that's terrific pcp deal.

I think Mad Lad is at work and shouldn't be thumbing away on that mobile..:D

You're right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I'd be pretty fecked at my mileage around 35-40k Kms a year, Still I don't think that's terrific pcp deal.

The deal is not great, but with the 3 months for free we reduce the interest by almost 50%. With comparable deposit, Pcp at 4.9% is ab €500 more expensive than hp at 5.9%. That balloon payment on pcp racks up a lot of interest over 3 years.

You're right! :D

Hi Mad_Lad

In my limited time on this Forum but I have loitered and learnt a lot over the years often from contributions from yourself and others including the doyen of this parish, unkel!

I looked long and hard when deciding to buy the ID3 after recently dipping our toes in the water with a second hand Ioniq which has proved ideal for most of our local and medium length driving. However we think the ID3 should mean most of our longer trips will also be covered. I feel the VW should serve us well for a long time if we so wish and should have a very good total cost ownership as I don't expect massive depreciation in the short/medium term. (But who knows whats around the corner).

For €34425 incl delivery etc for the basic 1st 58kWh and over 200HP with many nice extras included (And a few omitted) it is certainly better value than most of it's competitors. And hopefully should be a nice car to drive.

Wish we could go back to calling it the 1st or long range, basic is just wrong. 1st, Plus and Max...

Wish we could go back to calling it the 1st or long range, basic is just wrong. 1st, Plus and Max...

Shhhhhhhhh...:D

Hi Mad_Lad

In my limited time on this Forum but I have loitered and learnt a lot over the years often from contributions from yourself and others including the doyen of this parish, unkel!

I looked long and hard when deciding to buy the ID3 after recently dipping our toes in the water with a second hand Ioniq which has proved ideal for most of our local and medium length driving. However we think the ID3 should mean most of our longer trips will also be covered. I feel the VW should serve us well for a long time if we so wish and should have a very good total cost ownership as I don't expect massive depreciation in the short/medium term. (But who knows whats around the corner).

For €34425 incl delivery etc for the basic 1st 58kWh and over 200HP with many nice extras included (And a few omitted) it is certainly better value than most of it's competitors. And hopefully should be a nice car to drive.

Thanks eagerv! :D My time is very limited these days so I can't do much research any more + my Amateur Radio Hobby the last year distracts me a lot from reading about electric cars but I do try keep up + I no longer work shift and don't have the nights to spend the time on the subject haha but making contacts into North, South and Central America with 100 Watts of RF power is just amazing especially with modest equipment, when I got to Sydney I almost fell off my chair with excitement and conditions have been good the last couple of weeks I'm making contacts to South America up to 10,000 Kms away with a simple antenna. Just amazes me.

Anyway, well done for taking the leap to the id.3, no doubt you'll love it and it looks good inside. 200 HP RWD you'd never want to go back to an Ioniq. :D

You're right, 34K is indeed good value for that kind of Spec, RWD and 200 HP will be a blast and it's got a nicer interior I think than the Model 3.

What I will get next is anyone's guess, I may even decide to keep the i3, nearly 90,000 Kms on it now from 9,500 when I got it, hard for me to decide, my mileage is too much really for new cars and it will be more now that I have a new job and not working shift any more.

When do you expect to get the id.3 ?

Thanks eagerv! :D My time is very limited these days so I can't do much research any more + my Amateur Radio Hobby the last year distracts me a lot from reading about electric cars but I do try keep up + I no longer work shift and don't have the nights to spend the time on the subject haha but making contacts into North, South and Central America with 100 Watts of RF power is just amazing especially with modest equipment, when I got to Sydney I almost fell off my chair with excitement and conditions have been good the last couple of weeks I'm making contacts to South America up to 10,000 Kms away with a simple antenna. Just amazes me.

Anyway, well done for taking the leap to the id.3, no doubt you'll love it and it looks good inside. 200 HP RWD you'd never want to go back to an Ioniq. :D

You're right, 34K is indeed good value for that kind of Spec, RWD and 200 HP will be a blast and it's got a nicer interior I think than the Model 3.

What I will get next is anyone's guess, I may even decide to keep the i3, nearly 90,000 Kms on it now from 9,500 when I got it, hard for me to decide, my mileage is too much really for new cars and it will be more now that I have a new job and not working shift any more.

When do you expect to get the id.3 ?

Possibly end of Aug/early Sep according to dealer but not really sure. Apparently cars being built at the moment but may have to wait for some software updates even after delivery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRAXnQGVwI
    Best wishes with your hobby, I always enjoyed radio,
    And stay away from the redeyes, did it for almost 10 years and had no life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It is not long range.
    1st, 1st Plus and 1st Max should be the names used.

Advertisement