Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know what VW are giving us as a thank you, I see some countries getting a free scooter...

105610697-10158293069996585-7460194875782779136-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

L-M wrote: »
    The E Golf executive was dropped to just over 33k this year new.

I would of thought 22 was a very fair price.

I think every egolf owner knew what they were getting into before buying or should have foreseen it at least with the ID3 coming down the line. (2018/2019 buyers worst hit). I also personally don’t think the ID3 is a good enough upgrade from the executive edition especially. Lower trade in value for a car with lower spec. Other than the battery upgrade there is no pull to get an ID3 and if you went for the higher spec I don’t see why you wouldn’t just get a Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Casati wrote: »
    I really think you'd be mad now to get the ID 3 - based on your numbers above your monthly's are going to go up and in return you get the new tech but equally a smaller car that might not have the same build quality as yours.

Unless you've got an issue with the range on your Golf I'd enjoy it till the end of the PCP and then see what options are available

Id3 1st has more space inside then egolf and has bigger boot i believe. From the outside it has simlar dimensions. Also will be faster and as RWD should be nicer to drive than egolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

pearsefitz wrote: »
    Exactly "buyers be aware of this".
    36 months from now who knows what any EV will be worth, VW can't say.
    If VW are saying you have to pay 4.9% they want to get 36 good months of payments or the high cash price now for id.3.

To that point what would be least risky approach to getting car considering the depreciation unknown?
    The ID Plan?

ID3 1st at €34,000 is a fantastic deal

Best in it's class imo

Personally I don't think €12,000 with your own eGolf, for almost twice the range, 2 years newer, 70bhp more and much faster charging, is a bad deal

Pretty good deal imo

You paid too much for eGolf, don't do that with ID3 or other EV's

Not bad alright and with 100Kw charging, if it were November I might have considered one myself.

Hard sell for e-Niro ? I know they're flying out but makes them pretty expensive looking now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

pearsefitz wrote: »
    I have a egolf with pcp payments remaining. Got it when demand was high and stock low. But basically my trade in minus my owed money was crap. Offered 22k trade in on a 182 egolf which was 37k 23 months ago.
    Really considering walking away for this and mentioned 4.9.

Could I ask what spec egolf you have? I have a comfort line 181 and considering having a similar conversation with a dealer and seeing what it would cost me to get an ID3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Not bad alright and with 100Kw charging, if it were November I might have considered one myself.

Hard sell for e-Niro ? I know they're flying out but makes them pretty expensive looking now.

Good point

It has a bit more range, but a 40k Kia vs a 34k VW ain't right, market will adjust that soon

lol at the Kona, Ioniq, Leaf and the supermini's for a few k less like e208 and eCorsa

Great to have some competition in the EV market for once

I slated VW for years, but they stuck to there word and delivered

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Good point

Going to get my ice skates, I think hell just froze over :D

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Good point

It has a bit more range, but a 40k Kia vs a 34k VW ain't right, market will adjust that soon

lol at the Kona, Ioniq, Leaf and the supermini's for a few k less like e208 and eCorsa

Great to have some competition in the EV market for once

Especially when you consider acceleration and it will have tonnes more grip and faster in general and I can't emphasise enough the difference RWD makes to an EV with some power, pulling out of junctions on damp and wet roads or at roundabouts, hard will be a pain in the ass. “Edit” in a fwd ev I meant.

A dogmount and a set of pilot sports goes a long way to reducing wheel spin in a golf. I'm a bit disappointed there's not pilot sports on the ID3 as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Could I ask what spec egolf you have? I have a comfort line 181 and considering having a similar conversation with a dealer and seeing what it would cost me to get an ID3.
    very same for me confortline.
    no digital instruments
    no leather just cloth
    no alloys just the egolf orriginal

And to those saying you payed too much and should have known. FFS !!! how does that assist or even progress the ID3 purchase conversation.
    It was a bit obvious by the information I supplied , (and not to raise frustrations with ye) more a warning others of potential pitfalls.
    bodgerfederer hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I'm an ID.3 prebooker also and I've been following this thread for a while; its been a great source of information.

My dealer has told me 2 things which are contrary to what others on here have said and i don't know whether to believe him or not...

1. He has 2 1st's allocated to him and i just need to pay a €500 deposit so he can place an order. If i am not happy with the car when it arrives that i dont have to buy.

2. The max will be here in December and although VW want them registered in 2020 he will not be forcing that and i can hold out until Jan 2021 to register.

I would love the panoramic roof & HUD but the Max is too rich for my blood and i don't see the additional 7k of value in the Plus so I am leaning towards the 1st but i am a little concerned that the interior will not be the Highline equivalent that was originally promised.

Just be at the ready when someone crashes a Max to snap up the interior there's a few of us waiting on the reversing camera. Seats look comfy like a captains chair. I can't imagine there that bad as VW are doing a good job of hiding them, would be bad form to put crap seats in a 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Happy days, I am back amongst you first purchasers!!:)

Got a call from VW that there had been a bit of a mix up and my order for a Glacier White 1st has gone ahead. Got down to dealer and signed the paperwork and congratulations EMail has arrived from VW at home.

Apologies to VW if I came across a bit hard on them yesterday, but perhaps they deserve it for the 24 hrs of disappointment.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

eagerv wrote: »
    Happy days, I am back amongst you first purchasers!!:)

Got a call from VW that there had been a bit of a mix up and my order for a Glacier White 1st has gone ahead. Got down to dealer and signed the paperwork and congratulations EMail has arrived from VW at home.

Apologies to VW if I came across a bit hard on them yesterday, but perhaps they deserve it for the 24 hrs of disappointment.:D

That’s great, congrats. Somewhat unprofessional of VW to be fair to you.

That’s great, congrats. Somewhat unprofessional of VW to be fair to you.

I will forgive them, I'd say it hasn't been easy on them, but their fault for perhaps being a bit out of touch with pricing for the higher spec models

Anyone know what VW are giving us as a thank you, I see some countries getting a free scooter...

105610697-10158293069996585-7460194875782779136-n.jpg

I really want one..:):)
    I live quite close to my work and that would suit fine, quiet safe road, just a pity they aren't legal yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

I really want one..:):)
    I live quite close to my work and that would suit fine, quiet safe road, just a pity they aren't legal yet..

Interesting, if it’s a campaign by VW surely it’s across the board?

I would imagine only where they have been legalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

SEAT gave away one last gear, it was a very similar scooter but was SEAT branded for the laugh. They’ll be legalised before the end of the year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Skoda are pedalling foldable ( non electric ) bikes at the moment for €695. See what I did there ... pedalling .... !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

That looks like the seat from the product guide all right, is it just me or is the pattern very 90s?! Reminds me of a Citroen zx.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Economy interior. Not on a par with the Golf. Also you can clearly see from that picture that it's only really suitable for 2 people in the rear (or 3 small kids with no car seats)

unkel wrote: »
    Economy interior. Not on a par with the Golf. Also you can clearly see from that picture that it's only really suitable for 2 people in the rear (or 3 small kids with no car seats)

I thought the same before we got our Ioniq, but now quite like the seats, they appear to be very hard wearing.
    Will be strange not having a rear central armrest, but at least I rarely sit there.
    It will feel like I am in the back of a Model S..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Indeed Model S doesn't have a rear central armrest either. And FWIW, it probably has the most economy interior of all cars that have a similar new price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

There doesn't appear to be an arm rest on the drivers seat either, I thought they were standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

There doesn't appear to be an arm rest on the drivers seat either, I thought they were standard.

Armrest not on the standard spec. Only for plus and max

Armrest not on the standard spec. Only for plus and max

Armrest is in the 1st, there should also be a pocket on the back of the front seats. That's a prototype you can tell by the stickers on the side window.
    Screenshot-20200626-090734.jpg

• Advertisement

Rear door cards aren't finished either notice the pattern difference..

Screenshot-20200626-091547.jpg

Advertisement