Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Another thought/question.

On LHD models the gear selector yoke is on the right of wheel. On RHD cars will it be on the left or right?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Rear door cards aren't finished either notice the pattern difference..

Screenshot-20200626-091547.jpg

My biggest worry about this car, is the interior finish. In hoping to be pleasantly surprised rather than seeing the interior of a base treadline golf.

eagerv wrote: »

I knew it was a prototype but it's just to get an idea of the seat material/pattern. I don't mind it, a bit old fashioned maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had a deposit down on one of these originally and it was the look of the interior that convinced me to get it back when the car was launched last year. €34k on the road for the base model looks a pretty decent deal but it would be nice to be able to just spec your own options on top of that instead of paying another €7k to go up a trim level. Swapping those seats out for leather like you can on a golf would probably be the first thing I'd do.

McHonda wrote: »
    That looks like the seat from the product guide all right, is it just me or is the pattern very 90s?! Reminds me of a Citroen zx.

I knew it reminded me of some car I had, a 00 Peugeot 406.:)

• Advertisement

I had a deposit down on one of these originally and it was the look of the interior that convinced me to get it back when the car was launched last year. €34k on the road for the base model looks a pretty decent deal but it would be nice to be able to just spec your own options on top of that instead of paying another €7k to go up a trim level. Swapping those seats out for leather like you can on a golf would probably be the first thing I'd do.

I think all the 3 levels will look a bit cheap inside, but the two higher levels at least will be a bit less boring with the colours.
    In 3 years at the next refresh the car will probably be modernised.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There won't be leather in an ID3, there trying not to hurt animals making the interior. They'll probably offer some leather looking Vinyl like the Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

My biggest worry about this car, is the interior finish. In hoping to be pleasantly surprised rather than seeing the interior of a base treadline golf.

The orange is only on the max, so not guaranteed the first will be same.

The seats are all the same shape it's just the plus and Max get leg bolsters with an alacanta covering the Max also gets massage seats.

There doesn't appear to be an arm rest on the drivers seat either, I thought they were standard.

I would hope it's not missing. The spec sheet is a bit unclear, they just say armrest I think, which could just mean the one on the door.

I hate not being able to rest my left arm, especially with an auto. If not there I hope after market ones are available quickly..

• Advertisement

There 100% two armrests in all the 1st's.

The seats are all the same shape it's just the plus and Max get leg bolsters with an alacanta covering the Max also gets massage seats.

Don't think the plus gets the leg bolsters

Don't think the plus gets the leg bolsters

It does. The Max gets the massage in addition.

The orange is only on the max, so not guaranteed the first will be same.

Think the orange is only on the plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Think the orange is only on the plus

Just looked at the first edition product guide (hopefully attached). Yes, the orange is option on the plus, not the max. Also, arm rests are shown on the pic. of "base" model trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Armrest is in the 1st, there should also be a pocket on the back of the front seats. That's a prototype you can tell by the stickers on the side window.
    Screenshot-20200626-090734.jpg

Apologies I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

The dealer mentioned with the ID Plan you had 20K KM per year allowance and then you get penalised Does anyone know what that penalty per Kilometre is? My average Mileage is closer to 30K.

Akabusi wrote: »
    The dealer mentioned with the ID Plan you had 20K KM per year allowance and then you get penalised Does anyone know what that penalty per Kilometre is? My average Mileage is closer to 30K.

Excess Distance Price (Euro/km) € 0.08

What no leather ?

Not a fan of that drab upholstery, looks like something from the 90s.

Akabusi wrote: »

You should know your average mileage and base your pcp plan on this. If you go over a small bit, maybe 5-10 K Kms and hop into a new car on pcp again it should not matter much apart from less value maybe but if you have 30,000 + Kms you might have to pay something.

If you walk at the end they will charge you per kms over, something like 8c per km but check this first.

• Advertisement

What no leather ?

Yes no vinyl:D. Unfortunately I can just remember when you paid extra for fabric seats..

What no leather ?

You can blame Elon for that one and his wokey vinyl. Could always get them retrimmed most garages offer that service if you decide not to go with the factory option.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

@ Akabusi ... based on your 30k per annum after 3 years your excess will cost you €2,400. Ouch !

Mad_Lad if you are there, just a question re the gear selector knob seeing you have an i3 with a similar device. I notice on the i3 it's on the right of the wheel on RHD models (Not sure which side on the RHD ID.3.)
    Does this feel natural considering we have all been used to selecting gears with our left hand on manuals and autos?

Mad_Lad if you are there, just a question re the gear selector knob seeing you have an i3 with a similar device. I notice on the i3 it's on the right of the wheel on RHD models (Not sure which side on the RHD ID.3.)
    Does this feel natural considering we have all been used to selecting gears with our left hand on manuals and autos?

Yes it's so natural to me now but, coming from the Leaf where the gear leaver or whatever you want to call it was opposite, so forward on the i3 is reverse on the Leaf so you can see where things can get dodgy ? but didn't take me long to get used to it.

Having the gear selector up at the right hand of the steering is really handy and frees up space, it actually feels a lot more natural to me that is Right handed, no using left hand for gear selection or drive/reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

It's not that weird, Mercedes have had it there for donkeys years.

The only thing thats hard to get used to in the i3 is the back doors. :pac:

Not splitting hairs here, but I was quoted €0.06cent

Not splitting hairs here, but I was quoted €0.06cent

I pulled that from the lease quote I was given..

Forgot to mention to dealer yesterday about the 1st Movers Club.
    I am not using VW finance and I have a home charge point already, but the free 3 yr service and maintenance plan would be a nice bonus.

Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a Volkswagen Financial Services Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention to dealer yesterday about the 1st Movers Club.
    I am not using VW finance and I have a home charge point already, but the free 3 yr service and maintenance plan would be a nice bonus.

Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a Volkswagen Financial Services Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

Yes this is true, the first 3months paid by vw is equivalent to halving the 4.9% apr.

Advertisement