Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I took the €1000 extra discount instead of the servicing, the servicing includes a set of tyres due at 45,000km not a whole lot of servicing required besides that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I took the €1000 extra discount instead of the servicing, the servicing includes a set of tyres due at 45,000km not a whole lot of servicing required besides that.

Where do they say anything about the 1K extra discount?
    Too late for me now anyway..

eagerv wrote: »
    Where do they say anything about the 1K extra discount?
    Too late for me now anyway..

I'm buying through my business so not entitled to the SEAI grant for the charger so they gave me €1000 off instead was either that or the servicing.
    I do need to get a charger now though..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

You can blame Elon for that one and his wokey vinyl. Could always get them retrimmed most garages offer that service if you decide not to go with the factory option.

That's interesting, do you mean when ordering you could opt for a better trim on the 1st, at the option cost?

redcup342 wrote: »
    It's not that weird, Mercedes have had it there for donkeys years.

The only thing thats hard to get used to in the i3 is the back doors. :pac:

Not when you're lifting kids in and out, it's a Godsend. :D

• Advertisement

That's interesting, do you mean when ordering you could opt for a better trim on the 1st, at the option cost?

No wasn't offered any options. I think it was Peugeot I was in and they gave the option of the factory leather or they would leather it for less. There's plenty of places to get it retrimmed. To be honest I'd prefer the cloth with the kids, have the tartan ones in the GTI and there easy keep clean, leather in the Mrs car is a whole different ball game a lot harder to get looking new.
    I've 3 young kids so the 3 isofix and cloth will do me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Good luck with your purchases, looking forward to seeing some pictures once delivery starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Can you clarify that you got the discount on car or the charger?
    It reads like charger or service package
    Thanks

pearsefitz wrote: »
    Can you clarify that you got the discount on car or the charger?
    It reads like charger or service package
    Thanks

Both, discount on car was pretty much hammered out before the extra €1000 for not taking the service pack or discounted charger install which I couldn't really avail of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@drunkmonkey - right choice to pick the €1000 discount up front over the 3 years free servicing and a set of tyres (spread out over 3 years). Not sure how much VW plans to charge for the obligatory yearly inspection, but unless they take the complete Mick, the discount should easily be worth a lot more.
    Irishjg wrote: »
    @ Akabusi ... based on your 30k per annum after 3 years your excess will cost you €2,400. Ouch !

Ouch is right! Add the finance cost to that on top of the other heavy costs of ownership like depreciation and you have yourself a costly car.

• Advertisement

I personally am not too worried about the ID.3 1st interior because, whether you have bought the bargain basement 34K version or the 48K all singing version, you are getting the same car. Even for a driver all the instruments, screens and controls are the same.

Only thing I personally will miss is the reversing camera, but hopefully there will be reasonable all round visibility with the help of sensors all around. Our present two cars and our previous Prius all have split rear windows which makes a camera more necessary. And possibly we may be able to get an aftermarket camera at a later stage.

Looks as though we will be getting a bang up to date exterior with perhaps not the best looking or feeling interior, which I bet after a few months driving you wont even notice.

It's not a yearly inspection from what I gathered it's every 2 years.

unkel wrote: »
    @drunkmonkey - right choice to pick the €1000 discount up front over the 3 years free servicing and a set of tyres (spread out over 3 years). Not sure how much VW plans to charge for the obligatory yearly inspection, but unless they take the complete Mick, the discount should easily be worth a lot more.

I read this slightly differently. Most sane people will try and get the best deal they possibly can when buying straight or trading in for a new car. What VW appear to be offering is an extra bonus ( After you have agreed purchase).
    I will include the pertinent bit below from the VW EMail:

Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a Volkswagen Financial Services Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

Best deal was more or less agreed before the offer was brought into it. It was on top of the discount I already managed to get. It wasn't used as a bargaining tool, just a 1st mover bonus.

eagerv wrote: »
    Only thing I personally will miss is the reversing camera

FWIW it's pretty cheap to get an aftermarket reversing camera installed. You could even DIY

Even a genuine one might not be that expensive once parts are available. It's just the emblem needs changing like this kit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173877744080
    It's the new emblem on the ID so mk7 probably won't work.
    Tinted back windows, reversing camera and a set of TCR alloys if they won't hammer range, that's what I'm thinking so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

FWIW it's pretty cheap to get an aftermarket reversing camera installed. You could even DIY

I believe there’s a guy in Galway that’ll fit one that comes up on the interior mirror. I’ll definitely be checking this out.

Ouch is right! Add the finance cost to that on top of the other heavy costs of ownership like depreciation and you have yourself a costly car.

What excess mileage ? It will only effect depreciation if going forward, if handing back they will sting you.

Most people know their yearly mileage and should go by that so excess mileage should be very little so it's a non issue.

What excess mileage ? It will only effect depreciation if going forward, if handing back they will sting you.

Did you check the post I quoted? The guy has to pay €2,400 penalties for going a tiny bit over the max miles in his PCP contract. This is of course pure extra profit for the finance company.

Did you check the post I quoted? The guy has to pay €2,400 penalties for going a tiny bit over the max miles in his PCP contract. This is of course pure extra profit for the finance company.

Only if he throws back the keys, I’m sure the dealer won’t screw him on a trade as he’ll want the sale. Though 30,000km over is hardly a tiny bit over the allowance.

• Advertisement

30,000 kms over is taking the p1ss and a clear indication someone hasn't a clue how pcp worked and/or was blinded by cheap monthly payments or is a pure chancer and thought he'd get away with it.

10k km over per year (so total 30k km per year) isn't all that much really?

10k km over per year (so total 30k km per year) isn't all that much really?

It is really, most people know their yearly mileage and should get a pcp plan based on this so no surprises at the end.

30,000 kms over is bad maths or circumstances change and if that happens the finance company should be informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭JohnC.

He didn’t say 30k over. He said the allowance is 20k but he usually does closer to 30k.

JohnC. wrote: »
    He didn’t say 30k over. He said the allowance is 20k but he usually does closer to 30k.

That’s 10k over each year of a 3 year pcp deal, 10x3 is 30k.
    In fairness 20k is the max vw go up to on the ID3 pcp plans. I’ll be 15k over myself but im not bothered, neither is the dealer. Worst case they’ll knock €1k of the value at the end of the 3yrs or I could just buy the car out myself and sell if that works out better for me financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Doing higher mileage traditionally on a PCP was fine, it just meant you would have less equity at the end of the contract than you should have, because traditionally the GMFVs were so low. I would safely say that no one has ever paid a mileage clause on a PCP because no one ever hands them back.

Where people need to be careful and attitudes need to change is this ID Plan is designed for you to have no equity at the end. So it’s fine the dealer telling you “Don’t worry about it” now, but in three years time when you come back and you’ve 90,000kms on it, the bumper is scraped, tyres are bald, you won’t have any equity for the dealer to take away (in theory), so you will end up paying.

Be careful. If you’re doing higher mileage, stick with the regular PCP, if you’re doing sub 20k go with the plan. It’s robbing Peter to Pay Paul anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Once you fully understand PCP it can be played to your advantage.

I do around 25,000kms a year, but took out a PCP for 10,000kms per year. The monthly payment was lower on the 10K and the savings made with the lower payment would easily cover the annual excess mileage at the €0.06 charged per km.

I knew that I was never going to drop the keys and walk away, so the penalty would never apply. Worst case was that I would get a lower value for the car at the end of the contract. I also knew that I would probably not keep the car for the duration of the 3 year contract. After 2 years I cleared the balance and traded the car in against another brand. There was no mileage penalty, just the amount owed to the finance house.

So I had 2 years of very low monthly payments with no penalty. I didn't need finance for the car and did it only to experiment with PCP. It worked out very well for me. :D

L-M wrote: »
    Doing higher mileage traditionally on a PCP was fine, it just meant you would have less equity at the end of the contract than you should have, because traditionally the GMFVs were so low. I would safely say that no one has ever paid a mileage clause on a PCP because no one ever hands them back.

Where people need to be careful and attitudes need to change is this ID Plan is designed for you to have no equity at the end. So it’s fine the dealer telling you “Don’t worry about it” now, but in three years time when you come back and you’ve 90,000kms on it, the bumper is scraped, tyres are bald, you won’t have any equity for the dealer to take away (in theory), so you will end up paying.

Be careful. If you’re doing higher mileage, stick with the regular PCP, if you’re doing sub 20k go with the plan. It’s robbing Peter to Pay Paul anyway.

Well as I said on my previous post, the worst the dealer can do as regards mileage is charge the €0.06c per km over. If you come back with a beat up car no matter what finance was used, the trade value will reflect this. Though it’s in the dealers interest to do their best to get you into a new car in 3yrs time, screwing you over won’t help this happen. If the deal was that bad just pay of the final payment.

Going with a 20K plan if you drive 40K a year will see less value at the end and if it's much less you'd have to pay the balance.

GFMV say, 15K with expected 60,000 kms and you have 120,000 Kms could will mean less value than the GFMV.

If the car is worth 10K I'm not sure the dealer will take that kind of a hit if he knows he can sell a new car to someone else.

• Advertisement

Advertisement